OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To bring one of MandalMotors' most iconic ships back.
- Image Source: "D.S.E Prototype" by, MarcusVogt on Deviantart.com
- Canon Link: None
- Restricted Missions: None
- Primary Source: BBC-105 Mythosaur-Class Super Carrier
- Manufacturer: MandalMotors
- Model: BBC-105A Mythosaur-Class Super Carrier
- Affiliation: Various Mandalorian Major Factions , Closed-Market (STOLEN)
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Mandalorian Steel
- Hypermatter Reactor
- Classification: Heavy Carrier
- Length: 3.5 Kilometers
- Width: 2 Kilometers
- Height: 1000 Meters
- Armament: Low
- Turbolaser Batteries
- Ion Cannons
- Tractor Beams
- Point Defense Laser Cannons
- Defenses: Very High
- Mandalorian Steel Armor Plating
- Dampener Aerosol Missiles
- Cap Drain
- Deflector Shields
- Hangar: Extreme - 30
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Slow: 8
- Targeting Systems
- Encryption Module
- Hyperwave Transciever
- Combat Radar Suite
- Escape Pods
- Life Support
- Deflector Shields
- Med Bay
- Standard Starship Safety Systems
- Aural Sensor
- Compartmentalized Design
- Drop Pod Hangar
- Basilisk Drop Hangar
- Advanced Communications Arrays
- Super Carrier: Originally designed to overwhelm the Sith Empire with their superior starfighters, the Mythosaur-class Super Carrier boasts six separate hangers capable of holding hundreds of fighters.
- Defender: With its speed and ability to move freely severely lacking the Mandalorians implemented a Mandalorian Steel structure similar to the Alor-Class Battlecruiser. It sports a triple layer of Mandalorian Steel armor plating, with four around the slightly exposed internal bridge of the massive warship. It also sports several point defense weapons along its hull near the bridge.
- Command Ship: Filling its role as a support ship, the Mythosaur contains complex communications networks and sensors allowing it to help coordinate Mandalorian fleets.
- Slow: Because of its bulk the Mythosaur-class Battlecruiser is extremely slow, making it an easy target.
- Unmanageable: The size of the battlecruiser makes making complex maneuvers difficult.
- Exposed Rear End: Because of the ship's speed and limited ability to move, most of the time it is easier to just keep it in one place throughout a battle. Its point defense weapons are also focused more towards the front of the ship, leaving the rear engines open to attack.
Description: Originally designed prior to the Dark Harvest tragedy, the Mythosaur-Class Super Carrier saw limited use in its proto-type stage during the Mandalorian War against the Sith Empire where it famously singlehandedly destroyed the surface of their then capital world of Dromund Kaas. After the war however, MandalMotors slowed its own warship production as larger players like Mandal Hypernautics and ArmaTech Industries moved in to the market, slowing further development of the Mythosaur to a halt.
After the Mandalorian Civil War, Zeke Farthen uncovered several designs that had been shelved or left incomplete in the ruins of MandalMotors tower. With Keldabe and a new city, Kelita finished MandalMotors set to work on producing projects that Mandalore's destruction had stopped, including the production model of the Mythosaur-class Super Carrier.
Built with Mandalorian Steel honeycomb frame and armored hull, the beastly machine would rival the Alor-Class Battlecruiser in size at 3.5 Kilometers. With several hangars, a drop pod bay and even a hangar for the increasingly popular Basilisk War Droids the Mythosaur could field an incredible amount of starfighters, but not much else. While it had enough armor plating and weapons to defend itself for a time, its real purpose was to produce swarms of starfighters mid-battle to overwhelm an already exhausted enemy, making escorts imperative when using the ship. Borrowing from many Mandalorian designs, it also utilizes a compartmentalized design, offering individual functionality to the six main hangars and the bridge of the ship should it come under electronic attack or suffer severe damage. Complex hangar systems also provide the ability to shift starfighters into opposite hangars should they become severely damaged during a long battle.
Edited by Gilamar Skirata, Yesterday, 12:02 AM.