BTL-S11 K-WING ASSAULT FIGHTER
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: A Fast Bomber for the Resistance
Image Source: [x]
Canon Link: BTL-S8 K-Wing Assault Fighter
Primary Source: Not Applicable
- HP-S-5 Reinforced Armor
- Alusteel Hull
- Starship Components
Classification: Assault Fighter | Fast Bomber
Length: 16 Meters
Width: 24.5 Meters
Height: 6.2 Meters
[Very High Full Power to Weapons]
- Quad Heavy Laser Cannon Turret (1)
- Dual Laser Cannon Turret (1)
- Ordnance Hardpoints (18)
[High Full Power to Shields]
- Deflector Shields
- CM1 Dampener Chaff
Squadron Count: Low
Minimum Crew: 1 + Astromech Droid
Optimum Crew: 4 + Astromech Droid
Passenger Capacity: 1
Cargo Capacity: 250 Kilograms
Consumables: 10 Days
Maneuverability Rating: Low
[Very Low Power to Engines]
Speed Rating: Average
[High Full Power to Engines]
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
The BTL-S11 K-Wing features sensors, targeting computers, avionics and other technology comparable to other Elite Bombers produced throughout the galaxy by other governments and companies. They can be regularly updated with new software and replacement units to keep it in line with evolving technological standards.
- Capital Ship Killers: The K-Wing is designed as a Fast Bomber to attack hardened locations and larger ships with devastating ordnance and powerful armament. It excels at battering capital ship vessels such as Star Destroyers and destroying their emplacements.
- Overdrive: The K-Wing’s engines include a powerful SLAM drive, which when it draws power from the Power Converter, grant the fighter a massive boost in speed.
- Power Converter: New Models of the fighter now include Power Converters and a small reserve Power Generator, which allows them to boost one of their combat systems in battle, or assist with a rapid startup sequence.
- Passive Long Range Stealth: Energy Dampeners, Static Dampeners, and Emission dampeners allow the K-wing to fly under stealth conditions and hide from most sensors at long range. In order to do this it cannot use its power converters, fire weaponry, or have active shields.
- Cumbersome: The vessel isn’t exactly a beacon of agility normally, but with its SLAM drives active it is even less so often referred to as a bus or brick.
- Unassigned Energy: In combat, the reserve power must be assigned by the pilot or droid or it is not utilized or directed. This means when ambushed by enemy craft, the vessel is not able to perform at its full potential for a time.
- One System at a Time: The fighter’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several seconds to stop the flow of energy to one system, redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
- Limited Stealth: The newer model has minor stealth capabilities, but the fighter must power down weapons and shields, and cannot boost engines in order to evade enemy sensors at long range. The system is ineffective at normal ranges.
Koensayr Manufacturing resurrected the K-Wing model with updated technologies as a fast bomber and versatile heavy weapons platform, designed for strike missions and close-air-support profiles in the reinvigorated period of war in the post-gulag era. The BTL-S11 K-Wing starfighter retains the classic appearance of its predecessor and its fearsome payload of ordnance and powerful armaments brought to bear on its foes.
Armed with a quad heavy laser cannon turret, mounted on the forward ventral surface of the cockpit module of the vehicle, a dorsal mounted twin rapid-fire laser cannon, and eighteen weapon hardpoints for heavy torpedoes, missiles, rocket tubes, and bombs. For ordnance, the K-Wing mounts bombs and other non-self propelled weapons on the lower S-Foils while the propelled weaponry and rocket pods are fixed to the larger wings above them. Usually the K-Wing will use ion torpedoes, plasma torpedoes, heavy proton rockets, and intruder missiles alongside nuclear-based bombs, plasma bombs, and emp bombs for anti-capital ship duty. For smaller vessels it normally uses concussion missiles, proton torpedoes, and flechette missiles. Finally the K-Wing will use brilliant missiles and guided fusion rockets mounted in quad tube mounts to counter enemy missiles and enemy interceptors as best as it can.
As an upgrade from the older models and based from the TR-20 design aspects, the BTL-S11 Model features a reduced sensor signature assisted by energy, static, and emission dampeners that allow the vessel to operate under stealth conditions. When doing so its weapons and shields must be powered down, and the ship’s power converter cannot be directed. In doing so, the passive stealth allows the ship to hide from most sensors and scanners while at long range, but is rendered ineffective at close range and engagement ranges.
This model K-Wing features a Power Converter and Reserve Power Generator, a concept borrowed from Alderaan Engineering and miniaturized for starfighters. This Converter and reserve power allows the pilot to amplify their combat abilities during flight, such as switching power to weapons when making an attack run, boosting shields while being pursued in a dogfight, or turbo-boosting engines in order to escape capture from a tractor beam.
Edited by Laira Darkhold, 09 January 2019 - 10:51 PM.