- Intent: A gift for the participants of Unstill Waters.
- Image Source:
- Canon Link: n/a
- Primary Source: Unstill Waters
- Manufacturer: Confedercy of Independent Systems
- Affiliation: Individual Characters -
- Model: n/a
- Modularity: n/a
- Material: Durasteel, circuitry
- Item is attached to the body, clothes, or armor.
- When clicked, item grants a complete shield for 3 seconds that will block any incoming Force attacks.
- Activation by clicking.
- Single use.
- The three second shield that can be activated with the Sofitor will block any incoming Force attack, be it Darkside, Lightside, or Neutral.
- Item is discreet, enemies not likely to catch a glimpse of it during combat.
- After usage, the Sofitor will crumble and turn to ashes.
- The Sofitor protects only from direct Force Attacks, such as Force Surge, Force Lightning, mental attacks, and such. If a Force User uses telekinesis to throw a table at you, the Sofitor will not protect you against the incoming table.
- The protection lasts for three seconds only. If the attack is longer than that or an attack did not arrive within this tiny time window, it will not matter; the Sofitor will crumble and turn to ashes.
- Item can be used unintentionally, which will still count as the single use.
- User remains open to another attack immediately after the Sofitor crumbles and turns to dust, no lingering effect.
After months or research and experiments, the Archivists came up with the Sofitor; a tiny device that resembled a cufflink, which could provide the ultimate protection against Force Attacks – but only for a very limited amount of time; three seconds, during which any incoming Force Attack would be felt as a breeze and its damage would be completely nullified.
Sadly, the Archivists could not improve the complicated algorithms and modules that went into the creation of the Sofitor to make it sufficiently stable for any longer than that. Attempts to make the Sofitor open a shield that would protect against the elements or any other forms of damage ended in failure. Another problem was the cost; each one raked several million credits from the CIS, which in turn caused their production to be severely limited.
While the Sofitor could protect against any Force Attacks for the three seconds window, it could not attack from other things that the Force Attacks could cause. For instance, it always worked when struck by Force Lightning, but when attempts were made to use Telekinesis to throw sharp objects at the shield, or even use Force Speed to attack it faster, the Sofitor crumbled and turned into dust.
Due to the limitations of the Sofitor as well as the extremely high cost of both researching and developing it as well as creating a final product out of it, the Sofitor Project is currently scrapped until further notice. The 7 Sofitors that exist were given to the Knights Obsidian who participated in the Unstill Waters mission on Jagomir.