Victory through annihilation
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent | To create a new set of armor for Kor Vexen as an alternative set to his original.
- Image Source | Source - Anthem
- Canon Link | N/A
- Primary Source | Original
- Manufacturer | Kor Vexen
- Affiliation | Kor Vexen
- Model | KVX 'Preceptor'
- Modularity | Yes
- Production | Unique
- Material | Vitafiber/Phrik/Reinforced Duraplast
- Classification | Personal Battle Armor
- Weight | Heavy
- Resistances |
- Blasters | Very High
- Kinetic | Average
- Lightsabers | Very High
Sonic | High
Environmental | High
EMP/Ion | High
- Phrik Crushgaunts
- Energy Capacitors
- [ Crushing Grip ] | The Phrik crushgaunts on either hand do as what one would expect from a crushgraunt. A majority of objects or creatures caught in its grip can be crushed and broken with little effort. The micronized Phrik it is made from also allows the wearer to grab a lightsaber blade with minimal harm as well as block lightsaber blades with the arm making it both a fearsome tool of destruction or defense at close ranges against lightsaber users.
- [ Nowhere to Hide ] | The Preceptor class armor is outfitted with 360° field of vision and several forms of sensors, capable of detecting across a large spectrum; from thermal, motion, and lifeform scanners, there are few things that can evade the detection of the wearer within a 20m radius around them.
- [ Electric Dynamo ] | The forearms of the suit are integrated with energy capacitors beneath the protective cover, allowing for storage of a vast amount of electrical power. This can be used to feed the power of suit systems or one of two offensive functions; discharged in a powerful electric shock with enough kinetic force to send targets flying akin to stronger variations of Force Lightning or electrocute anything caught in the wearer's grasp. The capacitors also allows the wearer to 'capture' Force Lightning or any other forms of electricity hurled at them and absorb its energy.
- [ Slow Doom ] | Like it's predecessor, the Preceptor armor is not one designed to be maneuvering at high speeds and as a result, makes the user much slower than a more nimble opponent. While it is lighter than the original set of armor, it remains poor in terms of mobility. In addition, the more kinetic damage Vexen takes, the less mobile he becomes due to the hardening of the thermal gel layer.
- [ Large Target ] | The suit is large, fitted to suit Kor Vexen's six foot five height, while providing over an additional two feet in height from the suit. This makes Vexen an over eight-foot tall walking target that is both easy to spot and easy to hit from a distance.
The Preceptor is designed as a Mk.II version of General Kor Vexen's original suit, updated to improve existing systems as well as incorporate additional ones. Some features of the design have been improved upon to enhance their functions to a greater degree than the original armor and addressed previous design flaws. For starters, the suit improved upon several defensive areas, now including resistance to sonic attacks which the previous suit had no resistances to as well as EMP and Ionic to prevent the shutdown of a majority of the suit's functions. The suit's resistance to environmental elements remains the same as no environment thus far has proved too taxing on its original state with the thermal gel and life support systems incorporated.
Additional helmet functions have been introduced and now incorporates a suite of sensors that can detect lifeforms and the like in a 360° field around the wearer, making it difficult to sneak up on them. All aspects of the suit from functions and regulation are operated from the internal HUD. Simple movements of the eyes operate controls for suit functions, allowing for quick and rapid response to a combat environment. The HUD highlights objectives or hostile targets for simple acquisition of enemies in low visibility environments. The visor of the suit self polarizes to protect the user from bright exposures of light while the sonic nullifiers protect the wearer from sonic-based attacks. An encrypted comm suit is also a function that allows the wearer to communicate over secure frequencies.
The bulk of the suit is constructed around a reinforced duraplast exo-skeletal frame with Phrik plating for added durability and protection against lightsabers. While there is significantly less Phrik used in the construction of this variation of the armor, there is still a considerable amount to provide exceptional protection from slashes. The suit is protected from ranged attacks primarily through the SI-PES Defender Energy Shield integrated just under the chest piece with Vitafiber fabrics to provide a flexible yet durable material in defending against blasters with added protection from energy sinks. Combat de-ionizers add an additional layer of protection from EMP or Ion attacks.
Beneath the protective exterior is a layer of thermal gel to provide protection from kinetic energy as well as regulating body temperature. Beneath the thermal gel layer is a moisture-wicking fabric as an added comfort that prevents excessive sweating while wearing the suit. The suit comes with its own life support, providing up to three hours of oxygen in vacuum or hazardous environments. Magnetic storage plates allow for the wearer to easily store objects or their lightsaber to their side. Magboots allow the user to stand firmly planted to any metallic surfaces without fear of falling or being thrown about in low gravity environments.
The arms of the suit are integrated with energy capacitors, allowing the suit to have an additional supply of power that can be used to power the suit in the event that the primary power systems have failed or to supply additional energy in charging features like an electric overlord or recharging the SI-PES shield. Energy can be accumulated from any source and stored and discharged at will with powerful electric bursts or shocks and functions almost like lightning rods, drawing any electrical attack towards them. The crushgaunts are constructed from micronized Phrik, giving them the capability of deflecting or grabbing lightsaber blades with little harm to the wearer. It also allows the wearer to easily crush bone or objects with ease.
Edited by Kor Vexen, 10 February 2019 - 11:13 PM.