OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent:To create a more regal suit of armor for Aya's new Viceroyalty role, as well as solidify her adaptation to modern tech.
- Image Source: Here
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: Allya Vi'Dreya, Aya Clarke, Energy Projected Helmet
- Manufacturer: Aya Clarke and CIS armor makers
- Affiliation: Aya Clarke
- Model: N/A
- Modularity: No
- Material: Phrik, Armorweave bodysuit and capes, Silver, Insulating Circuitry, Electronic components, Shield Components, Small bit of leather, Light wood, and Durasteel.
- Classification: Multipurpose
- Weight: Heavy
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic (Pierce): High
- Kinetic (Bludgeon): Low
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Heat: Low
- Cold: Average
- EMP: High
- Lightsaber Resistant
- Energy Projected Helmet
- Armorweave Cape
- Micro-Repulsor Generators
- Micro-Repulsor Pack
- Shield Gauntlets
- Lightning Capacitors
- Magnetic Boots
- Integrated Encrypted Comlink
- Insulated Electronics
- Lightsaber "Sheath"
- False Helmet: The shielding of the Projected Helmet provides significant protection considering the lack of material. It does provide protection from energy based weaponry over the face.
- Air Tight: The 'helmet' is vacuum sealed, with a respirator and plug ins for additional oxygen tanks. This also means airborne toxins are prevented from entering the shield.
- Phrik Armor: The plates are comprised of Phrik, and despite the coloration difference they comprise the entirety of her armor under the armorweave coverings. Thus she is relatively safe from most forms of damage to her body.
- Armorweave Cape: Also the cape can disperse blaster energy, adding a stylish layer atop the metal.
- Insulated Electronics: Thanks to the use of insulated electronics, the armor has some level of resistance to EMP's and electronic-disabling attacks.
- Micro-Repulsors: Inspired after inquiring to one Allya Vi'Dreya, the use of micro repulsors in the gloves, boots, and with a micro-pack allows a vastly superior amount of movement to traditional plate armor. She can jump higher, fly short distances with the pack, and stick to walls with the feet and hands. She can also push or pull an object towards herself.
- False Push: Aya can use the micro repulsors to mimic the Force Push ability at Personal ranges, though no more skillfully than a padawan or apprentice.
- Lightning Capacitors: The armor is able to absorb sources of lightning like electricity, such as force lightning, storing the energy for a time before allowing Aya to discharge it, either through an outstretched hand or in more of a localized burst.
- Shield Gauntlets: In addition to the physical armor, the use of two shield gauntlets adds what is essentially another layer of protection against blasters.
- Encryption: The Comlink is relatively protected from communication hacking.
- Shield gauntlet independent batteries: The batteries of the shield gauntlets are independent of the rest of the armor, and more sufficiently protected for it from ionic attacks. Basically if the remainder of the armor were to go down, the gauntlets would still have power, provided they aren't overloaded as well.
- Blunt Force Trauma: This is not an armor you can get hit in with a big club. While not, perhaps, as detrimental as lesser durasteel, blunt force travels through the armor into the body, turning the armor into a vibrating metal cage the insides slam against. Thus it actually is more detrimental than blunt force directly to the skin. Theoretically enough force could also turn even the ridiculously durable phrik inwards, causing it to press painfully against the wearer.
- No Helmet: While the shielding protects the head, should it be disabled the armor is near completely unprotected in the cranium region, save a mostly decorative headpiece.
- Heat: Due to the multiple layers and lack of temperature regulation devices, excessive heat can build up with the armor, causing heat fatigue or death.
- More Technology Reliant: While insulated, the armor is by no means Ion proof, and can be disabled with repeated ionic attacks. This will disable the majority of the armor's technology.
- Overloaded Capacitor: The capacitor cannot sustain itself against repeated or sustained high voltages for long, before the device overloads. Should the device overload the power cell will be rendered inoperable, resulting in the defensive systems of the armor shutting down, requiring the user to constantly be aware of how close the power cell is to overcharging.
- Inferior Helmet: The helmet's protective capabilities are significantly reduced in comparison to the rest of the armor, creating a very significant weak point.
- Flash: The helmet's shield causes a flash when connected to with a blow. This momentary flash is bright and can be seriously disorienting in stressful situations.
- Shield gauntlet independent batteries: The shield gauntlet batteries can be overloaded, rendering them useless after sustained use and impacts. In such an event, they can take several hours to recharge before they can be re-used, effectively rendering them inoperable for the remainder of the confrontation.
Aya awoke from slumber, changed. The experience of having to confront her inner demons was far too great under normal circumstances, let alone in a force induced coma, but with help from the Confederacy she managed to prevail. But she felt, empty and unfulfilled. Though she knew not of all her desires, she knew she needed more out of life in this galaxy, to find some aspect that had been missing. So, she turned to other planets within the borders of the nation, namely, Hoylin. A planet that had suffered so terribly, the moment she had laid eyes upon the land her heart felt shattered. These people, it hurt to know they had suffered so greatly. She had to make amends, and with the blessing of the Hoylin people she became their elected Viceroy.
Once she had obtained the position, she had a suit commissioned for her new role. Her old suit worked fine for the battlefield but was too, weak for the high profile she had now. As a politician she had to adapt to the modern era, which meant technologically advancing within her code of honor. So while the design was handled, and most technology relatively simple to install, she began to look elsewhere within the Confederacy's technology designing world for something that would, should she be attacked by a force user, even the odds just that bit more.
It was then she came upon Allya Vi'Dreya. The young girl was gifted, and with some discussion she seemed willing, happy even, to discuss some technology she had been working on. Micro-Repulsors. This technology was rather, as she put, nifty, and while she couldn't explain everything or show her how it worked in a full project, Aya understood the basic idea. With permission, her personal aide took notes, as quickly as she could with the rapid explanation of the developing tech, and based on these notes similar tech was created for Aya's new suit of armor.
The last thing, after design was done, was to forge the armor itself. Aya, with some assistance, did this herself, forging the armor out of the incredibly durable Phrik metal. This armor would cover essentially everything her normal armor did, minus the face, though with a far sleeker design. Over the armor, dark armorweave cloth capes were used to disguise the majority of the arm armor, and a cloth piece was fashioned to be worn and draped as a cloth fauld from the waist as well. A silver gorget and ornate clasp was designed to cover the front of her purchased projected helmet and clasp the cape parts together, as well as a few ornamental bits of the headpiece, and with that the armor was complete. To complete the look, a small scabbard was made with a slot from which Aya could 'plug in' her lightsaber safely, to give it the appearance of a normal sword, and the project came to a close.
Edited by Aya Clarke, 11 February 2019 - 12:11 AM.