OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a new species specialized in hunting. Additional ally of Clan Mortui.
- Image Credit https://www.avpgalax...or-concept-art/
- Canon: N/A
- Links: Clan Mortui ; Tracyn
- Name: Chulan
- Designation: Sentient
- Origins: Tracyn
- Average Lifespan: 1,000 years
- Estimated Population: Planetary
- Description: At first glance, one notices that these are tall, taller than most humans. They are also well armed and armored, having a range of weapons from close quarters to long range. If you see one without the helmet, they have razor sharp teeth and 4 mandibles surrounding the mouth. Each mandible has 1 sharp tooth. If they have the helmet on, then one can only see the black braids hanging from the side and back of the head.
- Breathes: Type 1 and 2
- Average Height of Adults: 2.0-3.0
- Average Length of Adults: N/A
- Skin color: Black, Dark Brown, rare Light Brown
- Hair color: Black
- Tall- All specimens of this species are very tall compared to normal humans. With most them towering over most humans.
- Strong- Overall, the species is at least 3 times as strong as a regular human. This is not taking into consideration any armor that they may wear, which would increase their strength once more. Strenght transfers to the lower body, and thus can jump 3 times their own height.
- Infra-red eyesight- They can see in infra-red and normal light waves.
- Tough skin- The skin is so tough that they can shrug off low caliber slug thrower rounds.
- Braids- The older one of the species gets, the longer the braids grow.
- Races: N/A
- Force Sensitivity: Rare
- Incredible Strength
- Great agility
- Advanced technology
- Infra-red and normal light eyesight
- Honor system. Will not hunt/fight someone they see as beneath them
- Can be blinded by flashbangs longer than humans without their helmets on
- Hubris, believe that those not of equal skill to them cannot beat them
- Diet: Omnivore
- Communication: Main language is “Naluch” ; consisting of clicks and barks of the mandibles and mouth. Have learned to speak Galactic Basic and Mando’a
- Technology level: Above the Galactic Standard
- Religion/Beliefs: The hunt is everything. To get anywhere in their society, one must have completed hunts of worthy prey. Along with this, the strong lead the weak and those who are weak are cut out. Another distinguishing feature for them is ritualistic mutilation of prey. They do this to those they deem "unworthy." The way the leadership is comprised is below.
- Leadership Tree:
- Clan Leaders- Lead the clan and are the most powerful warrior in the entire clan.
- Ancients- Directly under the clan leader, or the clan leader. Almost at the end of their lives, but still very skilled in combat.
- Elites- The best warriors in the clan. Directly under the ancients and sometimes even ancients themselves. Elites are often specialized in a specific way of hunting. IE: Longer range or short range.
- Blooded- Have participated in some hunts or many, and killed at least 5 truly dangerous enemies.
- Un-blooded- Usually the young, have not been on any hunts or simply haven’t killed anything of note yet.
General behavior: The Chulan are a warrior people. Their young are brought up in the warrior ways of the old. The Chulan behave honorably, only fighting those that they consider worthy. They do not attack those who do not fight them, or have no weapons on them or nearby.
None of the Chulan know from whence they came before Tracyn. They only know that Tracyn has become their home. Throughout their history, they have advanced from simple spear and sword wielding savages, into honorable warriors fighting with blasters and advanced tech. The first truly notable thing to happen to them was the partial destruction of Tracyn. A portion of the planet broke off from the main, in doing so, it killed many Chulanis. However, this also brought to them a deep sense of unity. As all who survived the “Breaking” went on to become Clan Leaders. These were the first of their kind, and led through survival of the fittest. That survival of the fittest led to all future generations growing the strong, and cutting out the weak.
Along with this mindset, the native Mirshko gave problems to the Chulan. The dragons had been there when the Chulan arrived, and didn't take well to newcomers. So they fought. It is unknown how long, but eventually the Mirshko were tamed and made into mounts. Always treated with respect, the Mirshko are the mounts that the Chulan take on hunts.
After those events, the Chulan faced problems, their planet could not support them the way it had. Thus, they had to grow and find new sources of food. Eventually they did, in the form of space travel. The exact date is unknown because until recently, the Chulan did not track time the way the rest of the galaxy did. When they began traveling to space, they traveled to other planets. First contact with other species never went well. In fact, some went so horribly that the Chulan decided to never announce their presence. Instead, they created stealth technology and used that to land on different planets. All other species are treated with hostility, only those showing warrior ways are treated with respect (IE: Mandalorians, etc.).
This hostility that they held to others came also to those who tried to visit their planet. Such as Clan Mortui did. When the Mandalorians of Clan Mortui landed on Tracyn, they encountered clan leaders of the Chulan. The Clan said they were warriors, and the Chulani wanted to see the proof. Thus, the Chulans champion Clan Leader confronted the Alor of Clan Mortui and challenged him to a fight; to prove who was the better warrior. It took a long time, longer than any of the Chulan had expected, but eventually the Alor beat the champion of the Chulan. Upon seeing this outcome, the Chulan realized the prowess of the Clan and pledged loyalty to them. The majority of the Chulan accepted this and did the same.
Edited by Adenn Kyramud, 11 March 2019 - 11:17 AM.