OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a Battlecruiser specifically designed for fighting Star Dreadnoughts and other Battlecruisers.
- Image Source: https://www.firefoxc...d/sovereign.png
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
- Model: N/A
- Affiliation: Sith Empire(Sith R&D)
- Production: Semi-Unique
- Material: Duranium(frame), Molecularly Bonded Armor(hull), Neutronium(hull reinforcement)
- Classification: Battlecruiser
- Length: 5000m
- Width: 1700m
- Height: 1250m
- Armament: Extreme
1x UBeam Ultra-Heavy Beam Cannon(forward-mounted)
10x LRBBeam Super-Heavy Beam Cannons(5 on each side)
SBeam Light Beam Cannons
Seeker Baradium Missile Tubes
Long Range Heavy Mass Driver Batteries
Composite Beam Lasers
- Defenses: Extreme
- Hangar: Low(10 squadrons)
- Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
- Speed Rating: Very Low
- Hyperdrive Class: Class 1
- Communication Systems:
- Environmental Systems:
- Propulsion Systems:
- Sensor and Targeting Systems:
- The Sovereign is designed to bloody the nose of enemy warships up to and including Dreadnought size. It is extremely well armed and possesses an exceptional amount of anti-warship and anti-fighter firepower.
- The Sovereign is heavily armored to allow it to defend itself effectively against bombers and warships of all sizes up to and including Dreadnought size.
- The Sovereign Elite features a secondary backup hyperdrive, which, when working in concert with the primary and backup hyperdrives, allow the ship to shock jump enemy vessels and retreat before being seriously threatened.
- Designed to carry as many weapons as could reasonably be fitted onto it, the Sovereign Elite lacks in speed and maneuverability.
- The Sovereign Elite has a smaller hangar bay than the standard battlecruiser.
- The energy weapon-focused armament of the Sovereign Elite can be almost effectively neutered by an enemy ship with molecular shielding.
Description: Initial deployment of the Sovereign-class Battlecruiser, as was utilized in the Battle of Eshan, showcased the ship was particularly effective in its roles of inflicting damage and surviving it. The battlecruiser Heresiarch survived significant impacts from a wide variety of hostile weaponry including suicide runs from multiple ships before exiting the battlefield.Seeing the design needed minor modifications in order to best bring out its potential, Sith S&D created the Sovereign Elite, a modified variant of the standard Sovereign.
The Sovereign Elite differs minimally from its counterparts, having only two chief differences. Its secondary armament of side-mounted LBeams have been replaced with more powerful LRBBeams, giving it a more effective broadside punch against Star Destroyers and battlecruisers, while the armor has been heavily reinforced with neutronium backing the already thick molecularly bonded armor used for the ship's hull plating. This hull plating is the thickest of any warship within the Sith Empire, and further prepares the Sovereign Elite for its intended purpose - killing dreadnoughts. Sovereign Elites also feature a secondary backup hyperdrive, allowing them to make use of shock jumps similar to the prototype Saturn-class battleships used to test the system. A small number of Sovereign-class Battlecruisers were modified to Sovereign Elite standard, some while under construction, and others during refits, like the Heresiarch.