Jump to content

  • Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Children of the Empire; Imperial Confederation Dominion of Anaxes

- - - - - Imperial Confederation CIC

  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21
Seto Du Couteau

Seto Du Couteau
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 476 posts
Seto Du Couteau 
Location: Anaxes Major Starport, Heading out
Objective: The Constabulary/BYOO
Actions: Heading towards Outskirts of City
 
seto.png
 
Seto took the momentary growth of warmth between the two and relaxed, they had exchanged a plethora of words that had thus far been many good steps forward. His hands, now removed from his suit, gently moved over to his head and slid his fingers through his hair. Originally the young Du Couteau planned on more with his new hair but as the time constraints pressured him to quickly adjust to his new position of power, well he needed a very simple approached. ​I should look for a new stylist eventually.
 
Spring brings along new change, or so he was told before whenever people feel sadness seeing so many leaves turn brown and fall, or that months of cold winter must come before the warmth of the new season commences. Seto for his own part hoped that he could manage dealing with so much change, and that he could complete this current mission without failure. 
 
The young Du Couteau nodded once to Marr, his smile returned to the edges of his lips and gestured to the window, “We both need a change it seems,” Seto begun, “-As does this planet. Though I do have a curious little side note that was given to me recently about our target. . .”
 
Seto brought his data-pad back up from his side and shifted over closer to Marr to show her what exactly he meant. The holo-image of their Target was a rough one no doubt, the cloak seemed tattered all over, but there was this darkness that covered the figure’s face. “-The locals named it that Dulla'han, as it reminded them of this old folklore of a spectral being that would ferry one from the living to the afterlife and should you ever bare witness to it before your time, you too shall venture towards the Afterlife with this spectral being.” Seto explained. 
 
He remembered the Faery Tales his mother would recite to him, and this one seemed more about warning children from approaching strangers and staying in house when it was dark. But after so many disappearance and little to no help from the local authority, well, life held a tendency to become stranger than any fiction. With a concerned look at the holo-image he turned to face Marr, now closer in proximity.
 
Seto patted her head gently, “Of course, how many times will we have to face death out in battlefields? We can only come across so many self proclaimed reapers of death before it turns to nothing more than a joke.” Seto laughed, he doubted the claims made by this legends, much worse had surfaced out in the galaxy. Not that he had qualms, but he did hold concern for the missing children and to what effect this Faery Tale had taken upon those poor souls. 
 
 

Edited by Seto Du Couteau, 16 March 2019 - 04:34 AM.

seto4.png

ranktags_350x30_var2_blue.png

 

"The Galaxy conspires to keep us together forever."


#22
Kou'ha Escala

Kou'ha Escala

    a r ι ѕ e

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 50 posts

Kou'ha Escala, Student
Objective: The War College

Equipment: Datapad

Location: Classroom, Anaxes Naval Academy
With: Cynthia Alucard

 

zZvKQT2.png

 

For a moment, the young Epicanthix stayed silent, uncertain as to how he should proceed. While they had gotten along back when Alucard was assigned aboard the FIV Endeavour, they stood on different grounds here.

 

There was a slight disappointment that welled up in him that she was being formal, but when one considered the capacity of her role as an authority figure amongst the students enrolled in the War College, Kou’ha did not fault her.

 

There was also a slight swell of betrayal, for he was well-versed enough in politics despite his reluctance to realise that her being allowed to teach meant Alucard was trusted by her previous regime. And to the former Captain who still held strong feelings of loyalties towards the First Order, he felt… a complicated tangle of emotions.

 

But because he also knew it was unfair to force his own views and feelings of his own frustrations on another being, the young scion of House Escala swallowed his bitterness, giving her a slight dip of his head.

 

But of course, Instructor Alucard.

 

While the Epicanthix did not look that much older compared to the rest of the eager and keen-eyed students enrolled in this particular class, his height meant that he was taller than most of them. Resolutely refusing to make eye contact with any of the other students, Kou’ha made his way to the back of the hall and took a seat a discreet corner. He sent a mental apology to his mother, because while he had promised her that he would try his best to integrate, he still held too much resentment that he had been coerced to move halfway across the galaxy. For his own good.

 

With the ease of one who has spent late nights and dedication towards ensuring everything was meticulous for his ladyship, Kou’ha skimmed through the teaching materials, his dark eyes easily picking key points and where it differed from what he had learned back in First Order’s own Naval Academy. But as he listened to Alucard address the entirety of the class with a small sum of her own experience, he found himself agreeing with her.

 

Even while he was relatively new to his role as Captain in the First Order before he… transferred to the Core, the male still had more experience that most of his fellow students. He had applied, sometimes with success, sometimes with less success most of the formations that were shown on the holoprojector. But Kou’ha admitted that he sorely lacked starfighter tactics and strategies as part of his repertoire as he had pursued his life’s ambition with a single-minded determination.

 

And listening to the knowledge that a distinguished pilot such as Cynthia Alucard has to impart would aid him greatly for the future. With his arms crossed and leaning back against the back of his seat, the young Epicanthix paid close attention to her words.

 


Edited by Kou'ha Escala, 16 March 2019 - 10:46 PM.

xPUhFxN.png


#23
Marriskcal Lati

Marriskcal Lati

    ι l l υ м ι n a т e

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 358 posts

Marriskcal Lati, Civilian
Objective: The Constabulary / BYOO 

Equipment: ???

Location: Speeder, Arriving at the first destination, Anaxes
With: Seto Du Couteau

 

JiGZUcY.png

 

 

Marriskcal closed her eyes for a lingering moment.

 

And when she reopened them to meet her brother’s own gaze, her smile was a shade brighter. Change was eternal, and those who were unwilling to embrace change will only find themselves falling to the wayside.

 

While she was still unable to find the strength needed for her to continue her life’s journey with her usual stubborn resolve, today was the first time the fated day that Marriskcal found a sliver of hope. Though the bond between them were still fragile and their sentiments vulnerable, so long as Seto was still able to look at her with a fond gleam in his eyes and grace her with a gentle smile, it did not matter how long it took and what she had to do… she would do her utmost to earn back his regard.

 

When her brother sidled closer to her seat and raised the datapad, the young woman leaned in, intrigued by the information he had yet to share. Her gaze focused on the blurred image that was captured, taking in the dull and torn cloak and shadows that concealed their features, a brow arched as she wondered why the target did not opt for a mask or helm. Convenience? Or confidence?

 

And while the folklore her brother gave Marriskcal a measure of knowledge as to the origins of its moniker, the illogicalities of the locales only made her already arched brow twitch in annoyance. Perhaps because this being represented the unknown, and its presence made terrifying due to the disappearances. But to fall back to myths and stories?
 

Her eyes followed his hand as he laid it on her head, petting her in an affectionate manner. And more of the ice and dread which has lodged itself into her heart began to melt. Though she would usually pout up at Seto, the young woman was much too pleased with the small step they have made to protest the act.

 

Let us hope that this being continues in the well-respected tradition of reapers past and allow their overconfidence to play into their downfall,” she spoke with a small smirk on her lips, her usual vivacity shining through for a brief moment. While the speeder was beginning to slow and they were almost at their first destination, Marriskcal allowed herself to bask in her brother’s calming presence, a hand curling into the edge of his greatcoat.

 

They were going to be fine.

 

 

Vy2NTqS.png


Edited by Marriskcal Lati, 16 March 2019 - 10:45 PM.

VXNvU6x.jpg

 

theme | battle |


#24
Thorne

Thorne

    Mitth'orn'eruod

  • Factory Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,398 posts

ANAXES

Location: New Academy Worksite

Objective 2: The Federation Prospers

Lannis Morcus | Tanomas Graf | Varian Alaric

______________________________________

 
The arrival of the High Chancellor prompted the Royal Guard to begin tighter security sectors and patrols. Vindicator, who was walking on the outside of the facility, received word of updates and all clears, but that didn't mean he allowed his guard to drop. Quite the opposite, as in the protector's experience, the highest chance of ambush against a prominent public target tended to come either during or after an event. There was always a heightened sense of alertness from security when a VIP arrived, and that state began to wane as nothing happened, leaving opportune moments at the end of it all.

 

Ahead of the cloaked Sovereign Protector, an individual walked alone while speaking on a comlink. Not entirely suspicious, of course, but still enough of a standout to cause a mild reaction to a potential issue. Adjusting direction seamlessly, Vindicator began following the humanoid, his visor scanning him through several quick visual modes. Since there was no cause for higher security response - it was just a person on a call - the guardsman didn't intrude by utilizing his helmet systems to gain access to the comlink feed; rather, it would be a simple case of approaching, engaging in basic conversation, and evaluating any possible risk.

 

"I am Sovereign Protector Vindicator," The Royal Guardsman said through his helmet, the voice mildly vocalized. The absence of facial indicators on the elongated helmets could put some at discomfort. "If you could remain within the allocated security area, it is preferred. Do you have your identification?"

 

There. Relatively polite, firm but reasonable. Some guards were immediately on the defensive, but Vindicator knew that this individual was permitted to be in the area, he had seen the man near the training area prior, so there was no reason to overreact. And considering the reputation some Imperial troopers had, any attempt to be more approachable - when the time allowed - seemed a good opportunity to improve opinion.

 

"I noticed you training recruits in the yard," Vindicator continued, looking in that direction. They were sloppy. "What's your opinion of their potential so far?"


Posted Image


#25
Immortal Cyan

Immortal Cyan
  • Writers
  • 226 posts

Private ST-00/0666, “Beast”

Post 1

Objective III, The Constabulary

Equipment: Mk. IX Katarn-Class Battle Armor, DC-15AB Blaster Rifle, DC-17 Hand Blaster, 2 Thermal Detonators

Location: Fort Anaxes, Anaxes - Imperial Forward Siege Camp, Four Miles from Fortress

 

What was once an intensely fortified, impregnable, and defensive military installation hundreds of years ago had been reduced to a villainous hideout home to all manner of criminal scum and lawbreakers which plagued the sprawling ecumenopolis. Fort Anaxes had been constructed by the ancient Galactic Republic and utilized as a forward base in the Battle for Anaxes in the galaxy-spanning Clone Wars which concluded with the wholesale destruction of the Jedi Order and the reformation of the corrupt Galactic Republic into the Eternal Galactic Empire.

 

Preparations were underway for the first assault against the towering walls of Fort Anaxes. A sizable force of Core Imperial Stormtroopers, along with a large supporting element of Imperial Army repulsor tanks and walkers were waiting at a siege camp four miles outside of the fortress. Final equipment checks were being executed, armor was being donned, and weapons were loaded with ammunition as officers screamed orders across the camp. At this stage, most if not all units had been briefed on their responsibilities and objectives for the coming assault. 

 

Within the organized chaos of the camp, ST-00/0666 donned the final pieces of her Katarn-Class armour. Her shiny white shoulder pads, knee protectors, and elbow pads clicked and locked into place without any issue. Then, she placed her helmet over her head, which automatically initiated the process of hermetically sealing the armor to protect her from contamination.

 

This was to be her first real sortie, and in spite of her inexperience, 0666 was the ultimate picture of calm and collection. She was hyper-focused on the menial task of loading her weapons, which included a massive DC-15 rifle and a DC-17 hand blaster. When she was done, she placed her pistol on the magnetic strip on her left thigh and picked up her rifle before leaving her equipment locker.

 

Her heart very nearly skipped a beat when she heard a singular, powerful explosion which seemed to originate from outside of the lockers. She felt a small vibration pulse through her legs, which told her that the source was from underground. Screams erupted from far outside of the lockers as the sound of distant blaster discharges echoed across the camp. Before 0666 could process anything else, a deep rumbling noise and a powerful pattern of vibrations sent her sprawling to the corner wall. In a surge of energy, an ear-splitting blast sounded in the lockers, catching many half-dressed stormtroopers off guard and making a bloody mist of the more unfortunate individuals who were caught directly in the blast zone.

 

0666’s ears were still ringing when she began hearing blaster discharges only a few meters from her position. There was a shrill chorus of screams as many of the half-dressed stormtroopers in the locker were gunned down with merciless impunity. The short-statured soldier quickly threw herself behind cover, and activated her deflector shield with a terse vocal command, encasing her armored form in protective shielding which flashed gold as it energized. Then, 0666 toggled her rifle to the high power setting, and peeked her head out from the cover.

 

Her HUD was immediately flooded with red-marked IFF tags. A stream of mercenaries, hired muscle, and bounty hunters were emerging from a gaping hole in the ground like rats entering a building. Others were checking corners, shooting down any stormtroopers in sight, and helping their comrades from the tunnel.

 

Beast didn’t think twice.

 

She marked the most ready targets first, which included those were were already out of the tunnel. Her thermal detonators would have helped immensely in the situation, but there were wounded and vulnerable friendlies all over the room, which made the grenades impractical for the time being. Her DC-15 was too large for her to wield comfortably in such close quarters. As such, she made a mental note to pick up an F-11D which had clattered to the ground next to a corpse in the chaos.

 

After taking a deep breath, Beast leaned out of cover, sighted her rifle, and squeezed the trigger of her rifle. A barrage of blaster fire discharged from the barrel, aimed for the chest of one of the hostile mercenaries. She snapped onto another target after firing three shots at the first, firing another three shots before taking aim at the soldiers attempting to climb from the hole...

zZvKQT2.png

Meanwhile, explosions rocked all across the forward siege camp. Similar scenarios played out in the vehicle staging areas. Tank crews were gunned down and their vehicles hijacked as explosions rocked the camp from the underground breaching devices. A massive siege walker bowled over after being caught in an explosion, crushing crewmen and mercenaries alike underneath 70 metric tons of weight. Real chaos and confusion spread across the camp like a wildfire as ever more breachers climbed out of their holes and gunned down stunned soldiers with a flurry of blaster fire. More than a few breachers had taken to donning stormtrooper armor in order to create more confusion. By all means, a real leader was needed to organize the remaining forces and direct their efforts in a cohesive manner against the intruders.

 

In essence, the Imperials would need a miracle.

 

Edited by ST-00/0666, 18 March 2019 - 05:40 AM.


#26
Aram Kalast

Aram Kalast

    Galactic Empire Admin

  • Character
  • 789 posts

“You have complete and utter jurisdiction to execute the arrest warrants.” Aram answered back towards the troopers at the door, his blue eyes falling on them with a calm, yet vindictive glare. “With any means necessary.” The room grew cold as he said the last four words, catching the security commanders breath.

Then they were gone leaving Aram and the security director alone.
“When you say by any means?” The question had taken its time. Slipped through the lips of the security director almost unwanted.
“It means that a problem that has plagued your planet for years unchecked is about to be ended swiftly and with absolute finality.” Aram’s answer was quick and decisive. There would be no room for questioning inside his methods. For he had built Empires and what was this security director? He was Lord of nothing.

The door opened behind them and one of Aram’s officers entered, slowly proceeding to Aram’s side and whispered softly in his ear.
Aram’s face for the first time broke it’s calm ways, instead flashing a hint of emotion, ever so briefly.
“Leave me. I have a call to take.”
“This is my office? I can…”
“LEAVE ME!” A pair of guards entered, and the director removed himself with several heavy grunts.

Once alone he placed a code into the table’s hologram projector erupting a blue image of a crisply dressed imperial-esq officer.
“I know you have said this channel should remain closed for all purposes. However events have taken place that need to be reported.”
A series of static broke through the channel, Aram realising it was pre-recorded, probably sent in desperation.
“Dosuun has fallen. The Supreme Leader has abandoned his post…The Grand Moff is Dead…We are…retreat…the First Order….Destroyed.” Then the channel broke.

The words flowed through his mind.
The Grand Moff is dead.

The Grand Moff was dead.

He grabbed the glass that had been offered to him when he first entered and took a deep drink.

Natasi Fortan was dead.

The glass flew across the room and smashed hard against a console. The Director slumping into the chair and putting his head in his hand.

Natasi was dead and yet here he still was. The last of the first. It was never supposed to happen like this. It was never supposed to end.

 


kXCcXlT.png

H3t5YEi.png


#27
Tobias Wrynn

Tobias Wrynn

    Greater Purpose.

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 116 posts

Location: Fort Anaxes area
Allies: Imperials
Enemies: Criminals
Objective 3: Constabulary

He glanced through the Rangefinder idly as the wallflowers moved across the battlements. They moved like amatuers, but then, anyone without proper Imperial training seemed beneath Wrynn. In his mind, there were protocols to everything, safety regulations to be observed, and above all- well, if you decided to go unarmored, you should at least ensure yourself proper cover.

Especially where Snipers were involved. "I've got three in plain view," the Stormtrooper reported across the Comms as he fingered the trigger of his rifle. His breathing slowed as he moved his gaze across the outer wall of the Fort, scanning for any sign of defensive emplacements that might be hidden on a precursory glance. Recon Bravo played a pivotal role in minimizing casualties for his side. He knew that any information he failed to send might cost them dearly. Every Stormtrooper life mattered to him, despite the fact that they were literally expendable.

Every veteran was a feather in their cap. An advantage they needed, if they were to endure. He'd watched so many failures before now, he refused to allow any more.

The others had already begun to sortie, and the ground quaked beneath him, threatening to rob him of concentration. He exhaled slowly and injected a dose of diazepam to shake off the jitters. Several seconds passed, and he watched his heart rate taper off to a slower pace, his eyelids felt heavy, and he felt his muscles sagging.

He licked his chops and watched the green and red glyphs in his HUD. He couldn't give up his position and offer covering fire to them. It would breach his directive. It would deviate from orders.

Orders existed to be followed.

"Command, please advise," he drawled. "My only shots would be wasted at that wall. Permission to engage the enemy?"

Edited by Tobias Wrynn, 17 March 2019 - 08:51 AM.


#28
Seto Du Couteau

Seto Du Couteau
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 476 posts
Seto Du Couteau 
Location: Outskirts of Anaxes Major Port City
Objective: The Constabulary/BYOO
Actions: Heading towards abandon Construction Site
 
seto_2.png

 

"-We also cannot forget about our traditional dessert tasting after a successful mission." Seto added, he knew full well they had many of times never actually followed such, but it didn't stop him from attempting to make up for their missed times for later in the future. 

 

The confidence he felt in her voice brought upon a large smile, they were ready for any field operation that much was evident and Seto moved back to his original seat. His Infiltration droid droid hovered close by, quickly beckoned Spot moved over to Seto where he sent a few specific orders before the speeder came to a full stop. 

 

Spot zoomed nearly immediately when Seto opened the speeder door, and than he himself followed and looked over the scenery provided to him, the city edge and the rugged suburban area met with rather interesting results. While Seto would reserve the word 'slums' for a much different place, he himself couldn't really say it was perfect for people either. Large apartments stacked cramped next to one another, abandoned buildings of different sizes and varying degrees of neglect.  

 

Perhaps most important, a half finished tunnel construction. It seemed the City government had at one point attempted some sort of subterranean project, Seto's data-pad offered little in the way information of what exactly went on during the digging but the City apparently couldn't afford the project anymore after five months of work had passed. More than just that I assume. 

 

Seto mused as he walked forward, from his view-point he could see many of the large digging tools and poor state the entire site appeared to be in, the lone fact that the machines were still there indicated  either they planned on getting back to the project or the news of the cancellation didn't include the credits of bringing back the machines. Rather odd but, bureaucracy has so rarely impressed me. 

 

"How about we explore the unfinished tunnel?" Seto asked, his head turned slightly to Marr, "-Sightings of this Dulla'han never mentioned that digging site, but by the looks of it, doesn't seem people bother much with the old construction site either." Seto added. Spot seemingly already disappeared, it's task to quickly map out as much of the area around them would have it busy for quite some time. 

 

The young Du Couteau gestured towards Marr to walk by his side, there were plenty of distance to cover before they reach the site itself, perhaps there they could use their Force sense to see how the area around them felt. "A quick reminder Marr, we're here to appear civil. Got to leave the locals with a good impression of us." Seto explained, his hands gestured around them before gesturing back towards themselves. 

 

Marriskcal Lati


Edited by Seto Du Couteau, 17 March 2019 - 11:29 AM.

seto4.png

ranktags_350x30_var2_blue.png

 

"The Galaxy conspires to keep us together forever."


#29
Kirchenhof

Kirchenhof

    The Storyteller

  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 753 posts

26RPxqQ.png

Captain Malys

Anaxes Surface, Near Sirpar Hills, Sirpar Central Business district.

Nearby: Aram Kalast

 

Lynda's file of repulsor tanks whirred down through the streets of Anaxes' Capital findint themselves in the Central Business District in Sirpar Hills approximately 30 minutes later. Captain Malys' retinas activating the hololithic-rune pulsing steadily on helmet-mounted display. "Sunray Three this is Malicious Intent, execute search Warrant Zero-One-fourteen." The message was passed along across the shared comlink, Lynda's accented voice rings into Wrynn's ears replying curtly to the man their voice possessed by an irritated quality as a small gaggle of Citizens force her column to halt in a street the stream of young men not arousing the Former Death Trooper's suspicion. A soft patting feeling against the Reinforced Armour covering shin draws Malys' hazel spheres behind the angular 'T' shaped visor down into the vehicles hull through the narrow pintle-mount ring. The tank's troop compartment bay is faintly illuminated in a crimson light.

 

Finding Lieutenant Raiken's helmeted visage with the print of a bloodied hand slapped onto its' faceplate beneath her seated within the hull alongside a squad of other Troopers. "Captain." He began, gesturing to a holographic datapad held firmly in right hand. "We've got reports coming in from Regimental headquarters." Raiken began pausing and relenting from continuing, the tell-tale frames of a video flashed into his black polarised visor, whatever he had seen obviously was disturbing enough to momentarily steal his breath. Lynda's anticipation of his elaboration got the better of the oft short-tempered woman although unlike her former comrades within ALPHA Team, her anger was born of an enduring attitude hammered into them through an abusive childhood as opposed to chemically and surgically-induced psychosis. "What, what is it Leftenant!?"

 

The hairs rise on Lynda's nape like a threatened or angry predatory beast, triggered by a faint sound of springs shifting and young men shouting reverberates down through open Cupola the clanking sound imperceptible to the senses of mortals, time passed more slowly now with everybody moving in a sluggish clumsy slack-jawed urgency. Atleast that was how Captain Malys now perceived their surroundings as they rose once again up through hatch hands closing in fists around proton beam cannon controls, their muddy emerald green eyes are confronted with the scene of a rank filled with young men wrapped in heavy cotton cloaks brandishing repeating blasters and shoulder-fired anti-tank rockets. "Kiiiiiiiillllllllllll theeeeeee Trooooopeeeeeeerssssssss!" Lynda's body felt almost disembodied, like it had left it's armoured tomb listening to the eldest man among the party command what could only be their subordinates.

 

Index fingers tug the pair of red triggers towards palms with Lynda's wrists guiding a solid lime green beam of light through the rank just as smoke bellowed out through the back of a charcoal tube thrown over one of the Gangster's shoulder. The thin rank of spindly-limbed Humans with their cotton overcoats ignite on contact with the lime-coloured concentrated stream of Protons fired towards them incinerating them wholesale but not before a kinetic penetrator round struck the Fighter tanks' steeply angled frontal armour forming a cone-shaped jet and forcing its' way through and into a Trooper's breast behind Captain Malys' right ankle. The distinct depressing and heart-wrenching sound of a flatline played through the Company's helmets, Private Delanti was dead but avenged before the projectile even stuck their body and preceding the opportunity the Gangsters would have otherwise had to destroy the tank. Their ambush had been foiled by the Company Commander's quick reaction. "No, Dee!" A feminine voice voxed their ghost-white armoured silhouette scrambles through the hull desperately to Delanti whose body laid slack and slumped forward held in their seat only by the harness straps.


Edited by Lynda Dorn, 17 March 2019 - 03:14 PM.

E2FfrsD.gifaustralian.jpg


#30
Cynthia Alucard

Cynthia Alucard

    Sin's Child

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 162 posts
Cynthia Alucard, Pixie Wing Commander
Objective: The War College 
Location: Anaxes Naval Academy 
 
cyn_2.png

 

"Space is vast, and our sensors provide enough information but often with enough debris, starships and even enemy's counter measures, information can seem as vast as space itself." Cyn continued to lay down the groundwork for her point she was keen on making. Even as a TIE pilot, she often felt infuriated with how Officers stationed on the bridges of their large vessels would react to information she would send them, Slow response, to even attempting to contradict me with their own sensors on board. Cyn ran her hand over her hair in attempt to soothe away the growing headache before it showed on her face. 

 

Cyn quickly changed the holo-images to show a more closer view of the two fleets and several small fighters already moving to engage the unknown enemy fleet. "-As you see, in this scenario the Commander of the battle-group had order seven wings of TIE craft to screen and probe the enemy's defenses and attempt to draw out the rest of the enemy star fighters." Cyn continued, her eyes flashed over to the rest of the class-room with a steady gaze. 

 

The holo-images continued to move, and many of the TIE's in there began to blink out of existence, "-Now, it has reported that sector one and two has suffered thirty percent casualties, sector four and five sixty percent and finally with six and seven they now lost nearly eighty of their strength." Cyn explained, "-Now what should the Commander of this Battle-group do next?" Cyn asked.

 

She waited for all but three seconds for any student to raise their hand or even blurt out an answer, "-Begin to move their fleet into attacking position and target sector one and two. The TIE's have done their duty exposed a weakness of their defenses and should readily pounced upon." Cyn quickly explained the rationale. ​The initiative of the fleet must always remain on our side with the Fleet. "-You cannot allow the enemy time to effectively mount a response to the attack." Cyn continued as she gestured towards the holo-images, the the little holo fleet were moving closer to the enemy fleet and the miniature battle was now in full swing.

 

"Any questions?" Cyn asked, her eyes and smile turned to the rest of the class. Strangely enough, Cyn attempted to appear welcoming, but wasn't sure if she pulled it off exactly, since this was her first instruction. Hm, they all seem quiet, shame. The ferocity of her eyes did not seem to dim as her smile grew to try and appear kind.

 

Kou'ha Escala


Edited by Cynthia Alucard, 17 March 2019 - 04:31 PM.

cyn_final.png


#31
Varian Alaric

Varian Alaric

    R A V E N

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 208 posts

giphy.gif

Varian Alaric "Corvus"

Mercenary | Gun for Hire | Bounty Hunter

New Academy Worksite

Obj. II | Vindicator | Lannis Morcus | Tanomas Graf

OyAa2qY.png

 

"Well this fellow, his names Whir. Seargent Whir, he works for Coruscant Security, at least, he does now. I don't have any knowledge about what he used to do, though for all I know he could be a force user. I say this, because, he has unmatched strength and speed. He's fast and strong, and he can take two shotgun slugs to the gut. Whoever this man...whoever this 'Whir,' if that is his real name, he is dangerous. I'll update you with whatever else I come across, Escala."

 

Varian's voice stilled as he finished speaking, his eyes looking forward as he kept his gaze forwards, the shimmer of his glacier blue eyes and the pleased upturned lips of his mouth hidden behind a mask, a helmet of metal. He didn't have much to go off of in regards to this man if he could even be called a man that is. He had a sneaking suspicion that this man was either a very powerful force user of some sort, or that he was a heavily augmented and modified individual. He didn't use any force powers when the pair of them had been fighting, however. Though he wasn't about to make any definite statements to his employer. After all, he didn't want to provide the man who was paying him in credits and medication to suddenly distrust him and stop paying him. Alaric began to speak once more into his comlink, his eyes briefly glancing over a guard of some sort who was dressed in regal plating with the colors of crimson and onyx.

 

"Also, I'd like to thank you for the medication you oh so gladly offered to me. I don't know how you know that I'm dealing with that type of stuff, though I won't ask questions......and uhm, while it's on my mind, maybe we should get a drink sometime? If you're ever up for it, that is."

 

"I am Sovereign Protector Vindicator. If you could remain within the allocated security area, it is preferred. Do you have your identification?"

 

Alaric never heard any type of response from Har'xa Escala when the guard he had spotted mere seconds earlier now stood directly in front of him as a statue. Signing off of the comlink, Varian's gaze met that of the guard. He chose not to argue with the man, his question was polite and he didn't look to pose an active threat to the former Knight of Ren. At least, he wasn't holding a weapon up to the man's throat, which Alaric took as a good sign. His left hand flew to his right wrist, pulling up a holo identification card from his wrist holoprojector.

 

"Corvus. I'm a mercenary and a gun-for-hire, and I am in the employment of one of the Core Imperial Confederation's Admirals, Har'xa Escala."

 

"I noticed you training recruits in the yard. What's your opinion of their potential so far?"

 

"Haha, they certainly have the potential to get killed in action I'll give you that. They have potential like any other security and military force, though they lack proper and sophisticated training. Some of them are actually rather remarkable, though the majority of them need work...lot's, and lots of work. If I may ask you a question, what do you happen to be doing here? I take it you're a guard of some sort, and a highly-trained one given your garb."


Edited by Varian Alaric, 17 March 2019 - 08:09 PM.

test-6.gif


#32
Immortal Cyan

Immortal Cyan
  • Writers
  • 226 posts

Private ST-00/0666, “Beast”

Post 2

Objective III/IV, The Constabulary/BYOO

Equipment: Mk. IX Katarn-Class Battle Armor, DC-15AB Blaster Rifle, F-11D Blaster Rifle, DC-17 Hand Blaster, 2 Thermal Detonators

Location: Fort Anaxes, Anaxes - Imperial Forward Siege Camp, Four Miles from Fortress

Tobias Wrynn

 

The movement patterns of the three figures patrolling the walls were predictable and by all means, amateurish. However, there was something more disconcerting regarding the three soldiers in Tobias’s view. Their gaits were completely identical to each other, and they seemed to walk with a forced indifference that seemed strangely uncanny. They never acknowledged or stopped to talk with each other even when they did cross paths. In fact, it was almost like they were enemy mobs from a holo-game.

 

In the forward siege camp, the command center was in a state of disarray and chaos. The man who had been acting as Tobias’s mission control director had left his post to don a ballistic vest so that he could assist in protecting central command from the breachers who had spread across the camp. Unfortunately, the sniper’s inquiry went unanswered and unheard amidst the confusion.

 

Three stormtroopers approached the entrance to the command center, each one wearing highly damaged armor which seemed to fit quite poorly on their frames. One of the troopers appeared to be wounded, and he was carried between the shoulders of his two comrades as the trio moved to enter prefab structure. However, a specialist with particularly sharp eyes stepped in front of the three troopers before they could enter the building, having taken note of their ill-fitting and damaged armour.

 

“State your identification number and rank immediately.” The specialist spoke in a forceful tone as he raised his left hand in front of the soldiers, gesturing for them to halt their progress.

 

“We have important information to deliver to the general, his eyes only.” The trooper to the left spoke without skipping a beat.

 

“The general of this operation is a woman, trooper. She’s not in the building. I will say it again, state your identification numbers and rank immediately.” The man answered curtly.

 

The soldier hesitated for a brief moment, but he managed to recover in enough time to not arouse much suspicion before he spoke. “FN-3672, Private.” He replied in a direct and professional tone.

 

“We don’t use First-Imperial-”

 

The pulsing bang of a blaster sounded three times in rapid succession, and the specialist collapsed to the ground in a heap of burnt flesh.

 

“Now we know we’re looking for a woman.” The ‘wounded’ breacher said as a smirk crossed his features underneath the T-shaped visor. “Clear this tent out and find her!” He directed to his subordinates as he stepped over the corpse and entered the structure.

zZvKQT2.png

The smell of tibanna gas filled the air as Beast fired her F-11D down at the last breachers climbing up the ladder. In less than a few seconds, three charred and mangled bodies dropped from the ladder and hit the dirt floor of the tunnel with a dull thud. However, Beast had not yet earned a respite. The sounds of pounding footsteps which were amplified by the sonic enhancers lining her helmet indicated that a sizable group of the breachers were doubling back to check on the progress of those who had still been climbing the ladders. Her motion sensors, picked up over seven different signatures, far too many for her to engage without the advantage of surprise and stealth.

 

There was no way for her to leave the lockers from the exits without running into more soldiers and being overrun. That only left her with one option.

 

Without a second thought, Beast gripped the rungs of the ladder and let her weight slide down it. The shock of the landing on her knees was slightly cushioned by the pile of charred bodies at the base of the ladder. The short statured stormtrooper didn’t look up to see if anyone had seen her before breaking into a full sprint down the tunnel. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her armored form for well over 60 seconds, before settling into a half-sprint and then a brisk jog, before finally stopping to check her sensors and catch her breath.

 

The motion sensors were clear.

 

0666 breathed out multiple exhausted sighs of relief. To confirm what her sensors were displaying, she looked behind her for a few moments before letting herself relax. None had bothered to pursue her and aside from a few muted blaster discharges which were coming from the surface, the tunnel was mostly silent. While taking a few deep swigs of water from the liquid induction port in her helmet, she took advantage of the brief respite to examine in her surroundings. She had been running through a dirt tunnel with very little in the way of lighting, save for a lamp roughly every fifty meters. 0666 noticed a few signs underneath the lamp which she was close to, and she decided to walk closer to them.

 

They were direction signs.

 

The words “Fort Anaxes” were inscribed in Basic underneath the first sign, which pointed directly in front of her. Another sign was pointed behind her, and was marked “Imperial Siege Camp Breach Point A-4”. There was one more sign underneath that one, which was designated “Sonic Dampener A-3”.

 

It quickly dawned on her that the surprise attack had been no simple operation. It had likely taken days or even weeks of work and planning to execute, and it had all been done without rousing suspicion. This was a coordinated and complex operation, carried out by a group of criminals, mafia gangsters, and mercenaries in order to prevent Fort Anaxes from being captured by Imperial forces. Up until now, 0666 had not known that mere criminals had the ability to work together in any capacity without stabbing each other in the back or succumbing to infighting and disunity. It was almost impressive, if it weren’t for the fact that Imperials worked as a singular and cohesive unit by routine and on a daily basis.

 

0666 looked back at the sign which indicated the direction of Fort Anaxes. Knowing that the tunnel network would lead her into the fort, the first inklings of an idea began to form in her head as began to walk down the tunnel direction of the fort. She didn’t know how many of the gangsters had stayed behind, if any at all. However, the tunnels seemed empty and almost completely silent. It was likely that the criminals had dedicated their most formidable assets to the ambush. If there was anyone left at the fort, it was likely a skeleton crew of slaves and servants with little in the way of real combat capability.

 

If it all worked out as she hoped it would, 066 realized that she could potentially take the fort by herself.


Edited by ST-00/0666, 20 March 2019 - 05:27 AM.


#33
Marriskcal Lati

Marriskcal Lati

    ι l l υ м ι n a т e

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 358 posts

Marriskcal Lati, Civilian
Objective: The Constabulary / BYOO 

Equipment: ???

Location: Near a subterranean dig site, Outskirts, Anaxes
With: Seto Du Couteau

 

JiGZUcY.png

 

 

Her eyes grew a little wider at his mention of desserts, remembering the rare memories of the time she was allowed to sample those divine creations of cream and sugar. She nodded swiftly, her sheer delight at the thought sending a rush of elation bubbling through her presence in the Force.

 

It was with such blissful sentiments that Marriskcal stepped out of the speeder after her brother, giving their driver a little wave in thanks. While she was on an assignment, her life had been filled with them since she was a youngling. And so, while she remained ever cautious of their surroundings, the blonde continued to enjoy the lightness of being that came with being joyous.

 

But unlike Seto, her own limited experience did not provide her with the life’s expectations of poverty and affluence. To her, the grey and compact buildings that were built close to each other were merely utilitarian in nature, and more akin to something she would find in the industrial world of Eriadu. Marriskcal viewed it with a hunter’s gaze, taking quiet note of its potential maze-like aspect, and how the abandoned buildings would serve as a good place for observation and long range ambush.

 

The young woman followed a step behind her brother as he led them towards a gaping tunnel. She wrinkled her nose in distaste, for it seemed to be their fates to end up being assigned on missions involving a sewer or shaft of sorts. But needs must. Despite her reluctance, Marriskcal never had the intention of leaving her brother to brave the potential lair of this Dulla’han thing alone.

 

The more reason why we should investigate it then. Even if we do not find any leads on the felon in question, we may unearth other illegal activities that may be taking place.” For who knew how deep the tunnels were? All Marriskcal knew was that it was the favoured place for rats and Jedi scum to hide in, with all their twisting shafts and confusing paths. And considering they were both pests, she was not surprised that they shared such an affinity when it came to living space.

 

It was only when Seto gestured for her to walk by his side did the blonde do so, inclining her head curiously to regard the older male. Her eyes took in their surroundings once again as he spoke of the locales, and the part of her that was not well-socialised… quailed inwardly at the thought of interacting with them. With just that two sentence from her brother, the mission seemed all the more challenging.

 

I will… try,” she prevaricated, her eyes shifting to look away from the male’s own for a fleeting moment. “I promise to be on my best and most civilised behaviour, and keep any questions I may have until we are alone.” Because while she has softened her stance on civilians ever since the day she has met Seto, they were still inexplicable creatures to her.

 

Taking a deep inhale, the blonde allowed the lines of her shoulders to become languid. As they continued to walk towards the subterranean site, the cadence of her steps became less staccato in its abruptness, and her heels started to crunch against the rough gravel. Slowly and gradually, Marriskcal embraced the act that allowed her to walk and blend in amongst the people.

 

Even then, she hoped that none of the locales would approach them.

 

 

Vy2NTqS.png


VXNvU6x.jpg

 

theme | battle |


#34
ARC-94194

ARC-94194

    Shiny No More

  • Character
  • 12 posts

Private CT-94194 - Imperial Stormtrooper Corps

Equipment: Mark/IX "Katarn" Armour (Krennic-Pattern) - DC-15S Blaster Carbine

Location: Orbital Shipyard Delta-23, Anaxes

Status: Objective IV - First Deployment

 

pP62KVa.png

 

The first time the Empire rose to prominence, my brothers and I were only about half of the way through our breeding cycle. We got to watch helplessly as those that came before us cycled to and from Kamino, leaving fresh stormtroopers and coming back crippled, or worse. We never did get to see what happened to those who came after us, frankly, I don't think I have the heart to find out.

 

"Remember to remove the mouth plate before you try to put your helmet on, else you're gonna have a bad time." CT-94733, their section corporal, advised as they suited up. CT-92245, the lance corporal of the other squad, simply rolled his eyes, "Yeah, we know. We've read the manual front to back about three times. Whoever made it must've put a lot of love into our armour." Thirty-Three let out a chuckle, nodding in agreement before he turned his attention to the six privates watching them intently, helmets in hand.

 

"Alright, stop staring like gundarks in the headlight and put your helmets on, shinies." He ordered, "The El-Tee wants us and the rest of the platoon to get on the LAAVs so we can get over to the shipyard." The fresh stormtroopers complied quickly, making sure the seal was adjusted properly on their helmets before they all stood at attention, blaster carbines in hand. All six of the regulars in the section had been recently deployed from their occupational schooling on Coruscant: PFCs CT-80367 and CT-57149; and PVTs CT-41507, CT-24609, CT-46797, and CT-94194

 

They were as green as one could get in this day and age in the Confederation, but they were still nothing to sneeze at when it came to combat-bred soldiers, and their section corporal knew this. While today wasn't going to be on par with the crucible of battle, it was their first deployment, their first outing into the real galaxy as part of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corp. Maker have mercy when they finally got to use their weapon in the name of the Chancellor on a living and breathing creature.

 


#35
Seto Du Couteau

Seto Du Couteau
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 476 posts
Seto Du Couteau 
Location: Outskirts of Anaxes Major Port City
Objective: The Constabulary/BYOO
Actions: Heading towards abandon Construction Site

 

seto_2.png

 

Seto had at one point found himself rather exceptional when it came to understanding civilian culture, but most importantly, crowd manipulation when it came down to misdirection and deception. Magic was the term often used when associated to his old street performances, but when it came down to the Force, he truly wondered if a limit to this grand power existed. ​Another good reason to provide security against those who wish to abuse their position of power and provide a purpose to those who wield the Force but with no direction. 

 

The initiative though needed some success to prove their worth, and Seto would make sure their mission here on Anaxes would prove to be a success. His eyes glanced over to his data-pad as 'Spot' continued to relay some information and in perhaps another ten minutes or so would join them into the construction site and tunnel proper. Seto turned to his sister and offered a bemused look, he knew she would always put her best foot forward, but her tendencies to simply ignore strangers always afford Seto a chance to see her grow and break free from her old habits. 

 

"My Father would always tell me 'You represent the Du Couteau name, where ever you go, your first impression is the most important moment when meeting with anyone!" Seto deepened his voice and added slightly bravado to emulate his late-father, but his bemused smile through out. 

 

Heavy machinery and equipment appeared both forgotten and neglected, and surprisingly very little appeared torn apart by scavengers. While not particularly interesting of an observation, something about it did not sit will with Seto. He continued to walk past more of the machines and equipment, and same with everything, all forgotten, old and dusty but nothing appeared to suggest someone made attempts to steal or scavenge. 

 

The large entrance of the tunnel laid only perhaps ten meters away from the brother and sister, the darkness of the tunnel only added to the interest of Seto to investigate. Spot was still out surveying the surrounding area of their location, so still some time before It moved in to assist with the exploration of the tunnel. 

 

Seto moved over to Marr and nodded towards her feet, "You going to be okay with those?" His question reflected his concern for both Marr and the shoes. Seto would never admit to it, but he had on occasion placed certain amount of his Force ability to protect his clothing when on missions he expected plenty of dust and dirt. "Perhaps you could wait out here as I explore the place quickly." The young Du Couteau suggested. 

 

Marriskcal Lati


seto4.png

ranktags_350x30_var2_blue.png

 

"The Galaxy conspires to keep us together forever."


#36
Kou'ha Escala

Kou'ha Escala

    a r ι ѕ e

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 50 posts

Kou'ha Escala, Student
Objective: The War College

Equipment: Datapad

Location: Classroom, Anaxes Naval Academy
With: Cynthia Alucard

 

zZvKQT2.png

 

The former Captain remained quiet as Alucard continued to address the hall, her words firm and confident as she spoke passionately about a subject that was close to her heart. While Kou’ha would never think of becoming an instructor himself, he found himself enjoying the lilt of her voice. It was one that could inspire a student to go on and achieve great things.

 

Except…

 

The further she spoke and the deeper they proceeded with her dissemination, the more Escala found himself becoming more and more concerned with what his current instructor was conveying to the class. While the Epicanthix would never profess to know better about the situation than someone who was actually leading the squadrons of starfighters, her suggestion of taking an aggressive approach while their wings were so depleted… was near suicidal.

 

Was… Alucard ever like this back on the Endeavour?
 

He remembered her as being a cheerful person that playfully grumbled about being motivated by better quality caf. And from reports he had read through after their missions, there was nothing particularly alarming that stood out to him. In fact, he remembered approving of the low casualty rates and her wing’s cunning manoeuvres.

 

From the proud gleam in her eyes and the pleased smile curving her lips, Kou’ha knew she was very serious about what she has just shared with the class. And from the utter silence and widened eyes of the beings that were sitting beside him, and the panicked glances the students in front of him were giving each other, it seemed that they were all thinking the same thing.

 

That their instructor may be the devil disguised as a human.


Edited by Kou'ha Escala, 19 March 2019 - 04:38 AM.

xPUhFxN.png


#37
Thorne

Thorne

    Mitth'orn'eruod

  • Factory Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,398 posts

ANAXES

Location: New Academy Worksite

Objective 2: The Federation Prospers

Lannis Morcus | Tanomas Graf | Varian Alaric

______________________________________

 

The sentient in question provided identification without concern, which the Royal Guardsman looked at. Within his helmet, visor uplinks were checking - and rechecking - ensuring the information was current and correct, utilizing an encrypted connection to the CIC database. The connection to Admiral Escala seemed to check out, which caused Vindicator to nod in confirmation to what was said by Corvus.

 

"Confirmed, Corvus," The tall guardsman said, noting the singular name. But then, Vindicator knew the need for codenames or aliases, so he couldn't throw stones. "Thank you for your cooperation."

 

For a moment the Royal Guardsman was about to continue on his way, following a brief mention for Corvus to return to the designated area, but the other humanoid replied to the question concerning the recruits. At least the mercenary was honest, able to admit that the men and women under his care were rough, which told Vindicator that Corvus was straightforward - perhaps not honest, but certainly able to be truthful when he needed to be. That alleviated some of the concern over his being by himself, away from the training field, at such a time when the High Chancellor was arriving.

 

"It sounds like you need to bring them all to a certain level of comprehension," Vindicator said, his eyes scanning the area as he adjusted his grip on the lightsaber pike to his side. "A proven method would be to have them perform Rancor Drills. Imperial Academy did the same with all lagging recruits, ensuring they got up to speed quickly through severe trial and error... if one thing can motivate a lazy or uninterested recruit, it's hard hitting training. They catch up pretty quickly after that. Nobody likes to be punched and kicked by the squad."

 

Personally Vindicator hadn't gone through the process, but from what he knew, it was very hard on the recruits who did. Some sustained injuries to land them in medical, but the reality was that holding the group back deserved drastic action to bring everyone up to spec. Still, whether Corvus cared enough, or even knew of the Imperial drills, remained to be seen. For now though, the Guardsman felt content knowing he had offered some potentially helpful advice. Vindicator inclined his helmet with the next question, however...

 

"I'm guarding, yes, and am capable in a fight," Vindicator replied simply, as he motioned toward the training field with his pike. "Unfortunately I can't speak about my assignment, as if you needed to know you would know. That said, my patrol will take me past your recruits... so why don't we head back there, and you show me some of the lessons they have learned? I'm always interested in methods instructors use."

 

Vindicator waited for Corvus to move, before following in his wake...


Posted Image


#38
Marriskcal Lati

Marriskcal Lati

    ι l l υ м ι n a т e

  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 358 posts

Marriskcal Lati, Civilian
Objective: The Constabulary / BYOO 

Equipment: ???

Location: Entering the subterranean dig site, Outskirts, Anaxes
With: Seto Du Couteau

 

JiGZUcY.png

 

 

For a creature whose nurture was to always stay within the shadows, this act of becoming a civilian was akin to wearing an ill-fitting mask. While she played the part well, the longer she had to mingle, the more clearly one could see the rough edges of her veneer.

 

And when she felt her brother’s gaze on her once more, Marriskcal inclined her head to peek up at him, the gleam in her eyes inquisitive as she waited for him to speak. A peal of laughter escaped her when Seto spoke in a voice that was several shades darker. “Then we will just have to do our best to make our visit a memorable one,” she replied in a blithe tone, her worries dissipating.

 

While she may not know what it was that the populace looked to as a ‘favourable impression’, the young woman did know how to impress and be amiable. With Seto by her side to guide her through the social intricacies that she has yet to realise, Marriskcal supposed it would not be too much of a disaster. Or so she hoped.

 

Without a care, the both of them walked through the abandoned construction site, her senses slowly expanding outwards in a subtle manner. While they did not have any further information about this Dulla’han thing’s connection to the Force, the blonde always erred on the side of caution. After all, it would not do for their prey to run and hide so early into their hunt. The rusted machinery and worn equipment did not garner a second glance from her, other than the knowledge that they existed.

 

Marriskcal stared at the looming tunnel, a small sense of dread filling her if only because of her previous memories of unpleasant missions in narrow spaces and damp air… and polluted water. She blinked when Seto asked her about her shoes, not entirely understanding his concern. “They are not ideal for walking on uneven ground, but I have gotten used to them on our journey there.” The blonde gave the delicate looking heels an offended little glare.

 

And if you presume that I will stand around playing sentry while you investigate an uncharted area on your own, think again.” She gave the male a saccharine smile, the kind that she only gave when she was challenging the other person to defy her.

 

Without waiting for Seto to respond, the young woman reached out and closed a hand around his wrist, tugging him behind her. “What if something tries to eat you?

It was strange, how the ambient sounds of their surrounding were muted as soon as they stepped out of the semicircle of light that shone into the tunnel. But with her senses remaining calm, Marriskcal continued to forge their way onwards without fear, leading her brother deeper within.

 

 

Vy2NTqS.png


Edited by Marriskcal Lati, 21 March 2019 - 02:58 AM.

VXNvU6x.jpg

 

theme | battle |


#39
Immortal Cyan

Immortal Cyan
  • Writers
  • 226 posts

Private ST-00/0666, “Beast”

Post 3

Objective III/IV, The Constabulary/BYOO

Equipment: Mk. IX Katarn-Class Battle Armor, DC-15AB Blaster Rifle, F-11D Blaster Rifle, DC-17 Hand Blaster, 2 Thermal Detonators

Location: Fort Anaxes, Anaxes - Underground

 

The way through the dark and winding underground tunnels had been easier to traverse than expected, in spite of the many turns and trifurcations which presumably led to different breaching points and sonic dampening machines. 0666 had also discovered a small speeder which significantly cut the time she would have had to spend walking and jogging in the tunnels. However, the trip had not passed without apprehension or unease. Aside from the muted sounds of blaster discharges, more than a few distinct rumbling noises echoed from above ground as she traveled through the tunnels. There were also deep thumping sounds as well, which seemed to be moving towards the direction of the siege camp. As a precaution, the short-statured stormtrooper halted her progress three times so that she could check her surroundings to ensure that no one else was underground in her vicinity. Fortunately, her sensors had come up clear each time.

 

As the surface of the path changed from dirt to concrete, 0666 realized that she was getting closer to the exit point. The lighting grew progressively brighter, as well. Not wanting to make any more noise than she had to, 0666 abandoned the speeder within a small crevice and proceeded the rest of the way on foot. It wasn’t long until she spotted the light at the end of the tunnel. As she got closer to the exit, she discovered that the tunnel would lead up to the vehicle hangar. The exit took her up two flights of stairs and past a pair of thick blast doors. Then, the lights suddenly seemed to intensify in radiance as the revelation dawned on her.

 

She was inside Fort Anaxes.



#40
Seto Du Couteau

Seto Du Couteau
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 476 posts
Seto Du Couteau 
Location: Outskirts of Anaxes Major Port City, Construction Site
Objective: The Constabulary/BYOO
Actions: Searching the Construction Tunnel 
 
seto_2.png

 

"It's just-" Seto began, but he relented against his own words. "-never-mind." He finally submitted. Best to savor the image of them now instead fear for what those poor shoes will look like after.  

 

The crunch of gravel and shifted weight, Seto grimaced inwardly as he feared the worst for those shoes, and even to the dress did his concern extended towards. His eyes lingered on her smile, and despite his own best effort, Seto sighed and followed behind his sister as she tugged him in deeper into the tunnel's entrance.

 

Seto picked his pace and silently walked along side Marr, his eyes focused downwards and his senses slowly extended around him, deliberate and focused, he wanted to make sure every inch he sensed was supposed to be there and real to his outwards senses. 

 

The light from the entrance slowly decreased, and whatever power source that had one time provided light was long forgotten and left broken no doubt. Seto was confident, enough, with his Force sight ability to guide him where they needed to go and if this Dulla'han could only deceive the tangible senses, than Seto figured that the Force would be able to discern the truth. Or let me know when I'm being tricked. 

 

Seto believed that most of the work revolved around figuring out whether or not he was being fooled by a smoke screen, rather than trying to see through one. A brief moment, extra light illuminated Seto's face as he peered into his data-pad, Spot had finished the layout of the surrounding neighborhood and was heading towards them. His face returned to the darkness as he placed the data-pad back down into his belt and he continued to walk through the darkness. 

 

If the fact that he could still sense his sister's Force presence and the sheer proximity of one another was any indicator, Seto would have felt as if he was in a dream. Cool air, but tasted old and very dry, he peered around the tunnel walls and noticed the work of the construction workers and thus far he was impressed with what had been accomplished.

 

Perhaps the very locals nearby where the one who attempted to have this place built, as if it was their way into the inner city where success they had hoped to find and gain. 

 

A dream we all can respect. Seto, momentarily lax with his senses, stopped as he felt something strange, a whisper suddenly inside his head but it held a particular falsetto of sorts. Much like the air around them, the whispers sounded like a gentle hum, he focused more and slowly it reminded him of a piano cord. Beautifully put together, each sound a single note played, and when in concert it felt as if one, but careful listeners could be able to discern and dissect each note.

 

Seto had only training with practical music, not with the melodies one could compose with the Force, but it was there, a tiny group of Force signatures all gently swaying along one another. How. . .captivating. Seto gently placed his hand on Marr's shoulder, "-Something is down here-" 

 

A flicker, a change, the hum turned sharp, almost cutting in fact and Seto raised his hand to generate a large Force shield. Oh. "-Something is down here, and it doesn't feel right." Seto added.

 

Marriskcal Lati


Edited by Seto Du Couteau, 21 March 2019 - 01:24 AM.

seto4.png

ranktags_350x30_var2_blue.png

 

"The Galaxy conspires to keep us together forever."