T-90A-1 X-WING STARFIGHTER
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: A more advanced version of the X-Wing for the Resistance
Canon Link: T-65A3 X-Wing Starfighter
Primary Source: T-90 X-Wing Starfighter
- G-32 Evasive Armor Plating
- Titanium Hull
- Starship Components
Length: 12.5 Meters
Width: 10.1 Meters
Height: 3.2 Meters
[High Full Power to Weapons]
- Laser Cannons (4)
- Variable Payload Warhead Launchers (2)
- Ground-Buzzer Light Blaster Cannon (1)
[High Full Power to Shields]
- Military Deflector Shields
- AE-CM1 Dampener Chaff
Squadron Count: Average
Minimum Crew: Astromech Droid
Optimum Crew: 1 + Astromech Droid
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: 100 Kilograms
Consumables: 10 Days
Maneuverability Rating: Average
Speed Rating: Average
[High Full Power to Engines]
Hyperdrive Class: 1
The T-90A-1 features sensors, computers, and other technology comparable to other Elite Starfighters and can be regularly updated with new software and replacement units to keep it in line with evolving technological standards.
- Power Converter: New Incom Models now include Power Converters and a small reserve Power Generator, which allows them to boost one of their combat systems in battle, or assist with a rapid startup sequence.
- Passive Long Range Stealth: Energy Dampeners, Static Dampeners, and Emission dampeners allow the T-90A-1 model to fly under stealth conditions and hide from most sensors at long range. In order to do this it cannot use its power converters, fire weaponry, or have active shields.
- Balanced: The T-90A-1 is the perfect combination of speed, fire power, and defense.
- Master of None: The T-90A-1 does not excel at any specific role or mode of operation and its stealth systems are incredibly limited.
- Unassigned Energy: In combat, the reserve power must be assigned by the pilot or droid or it is not utilized or directed. This means when ambushed by enemy craft, the vessel is not able to perform at its full potential for a time while the pilot or droid bring the reactor online and direct it.
- One System at a Time: The fighter’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several seconds to stop the flow of energy to one system, then redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
- Limited Stealth: The New Incom Line has minor stealth capabilities, but the fighter must power down weapons and shields, and cannot boost engines in order to evade enemy sensors at long range. The system is ineffective at normal ranges.
The latest model of X-Wing, designed by Incom as the next step in the venerable starfighter’s evolution as a more advanced model to supplement the standard T-90. The classic aesthetics and major design features all found a home in this streamlined vessel, fitted with the computer and sensor systems up to current technological standards.
Four powerful laser cannons form the primary weapons for the T-90A-1, each resting at the wingtips of the ship. They feature gimbal mounts capable of resetting the Zero mark where all four laser blasts intersect with relative ease. Two variable warhead launchers mounted on either side of the nose cone, each capable of firing a series of different warheads from an internal magazine. Proton, Ion, Plasma, and Mag-pulse torpedoes, Proton Rockets, Intruder Missiles, and Concussion Missiles are all able to be loaded into the magazine. The magazine is capable of unloaded and reloading weaponry quickly, allowing the pilot to change the next ordnance to be launched during combat. The Magazine holds between six rockets and twelve missiles when fully loaded. As a final weapon, the new T-90 has a light blaster cannon concealed in its chassis that can be lowered and rotated three hundred sixty degrees. While not overly powerful it is capable of firing backwards at pursuit craft and firing at ground attackers.
As an upgrade from the older models and based from the TR-20 design aspects, the T-90 Model features a reduced sensor signature assisted by energy, static, and emission dampeners that allow the vessel to operate under stealth conditions. When doing so its weapons and shields must be powered down, and the ship’s power converter cannot be directed. In doing so, the passive stealth allows the ship to hide from most sensors and scanners while at long range, but is rendered ineffective at close range and engagement ranges.
The primary upgrade from the original T-90 Model and the T-90A-1 is that the Power Converter and Reserve Power Generator featured in the updated Incom series, the A-1 has an expanded Reserve generator that is more fuel efficient allowing it to transfer greater amounts of energy to the fighter’s primary systems during flight.
Edited by Laira Darkhold, 20 March 2019 - 06:27 PM.