• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Loreena Arenais

Loreena Arenais

Padawan to Veiere Arenais

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 815 posts
Lori was ready. Her time was up. And fortunately it all went in her favour. A year ago Kaine Australis built her Jaster's Sparrow. Not only that, but he paid for her upkeep and crew salary, giving her a full standard year to pay him back. She could have had her parents pay for it, or used some of her inheritence, but no. Lori wanted to earn the credits and do everything properly. So she had gone through crew members and managed to keep a few of them that were loyal to her. With them she had taken up a variety of jobs going from simple cargo delivery, to helping do some drug busts as well as treasure hunting. The last one earned her more than enough to repay her debt.

And now to contact Kaine.

Lori typed up a message on her datapad to send a message through. Whether or not it'd reach him, she didn't know. But she hoped that he'd get it eventually.

Kaine,

It's me! Lori! I hope you're not dead. Anyways, my year is up and I've got the credits that I owe you. I'm not sure if you want me to give it to you in person, or just do some electronic transfer. Either way, I need to know where to send it.

Lori.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,372 posts

Aboard The Scythe - Alsakan System

Kaine was napping when the comm beep woke him. He'd long since set his buy'ce to only alert him for important messages, so he wasn't irritated. Without opening his eyes, he reached across to the side table beside his bunk where the helmet rested. Finding a recessed button with practiced fingers, he pressed for audio and was rewarded with a fail beep. Sighing, he sat up, opened his eyes, and dropped the helmet over his head.

Immediately the HUD flooded up across his vision. After a moment or two of commands, Kaine brought up the text of the message. A welcome one. Loreena Arenais was a friend, and somewhat of a protege of his. He'd met her years back, when she was still a child, and she had fought like a warrior. That had piqued his interest as well as earning his respect, and he'd made sure to form a friendship with her.

Activating the recording function, Kaine dictated a brief reply, which he sent out to the recieving address.

::Su'cuy, Lori.::

A quick chuckle, and then he dropped the serious tone. ::Good to hear from you, ner vod. I never doubted you for a moment. If you send me your coordinates, I can come to you, or we can meet on, say, Folor. Thats far enough from the fighting that we shouldn't run into any trouble. It'll be good to see you.::

He ended the message, and ensured it had gone out properly, then contacted the bridge.

::This is Kaine. Let's prepare to get underway.::

The crew, well practiced in ferrying the General around without usually knowing why, didn't bother with questions. If they needed to know, he'd tell them. A ship with crew on shore leave took time to recall them all back to the ship, so even though Kaine didn't yet know their destination, letting the Scythe's crew get a head start back to the ship would save time, and they could be on their way all the faster. He, meanwhile, was going back to his nap. Rank had its privileges, and he was already aboard.

Edited by Kaine Australis, Yesterday, 02:30 AM.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Loreena Arenais

Loreena Arenais

Padawan to Veiere Arenais

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 815 posts
Lori wasn't near Commenori space. That was SJO territory now. Instead she was still on Lujo, having gone there for more trinkets and to enjoy a bit of a breather from everything. It was neutral territory.

The message from Kaine Australis was well received. She had always admired the man. He took the brunt of some of her pranks during their first encounters. And he never got mad at her for them. Instead he took it in stride. They sparred together and he never held back for the sake of her age. And he gave her her first sip of alcohol!

Lori sent off the co-ordinates for where she was parked on Lujo and a quick message.

Great! I'm out in a field. There's plenty of room to land. See you soon!

Lori.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,372 posts

Neutral space, thought Kaine, as the reply from Loreena came back through. Probably for the best. Wasting no time, he commed the bridge.

::Lujo system.:: It wasn't that far from Anaxes, so the jump would be short. Kaine relaxed on his bunk as he felt the vessel pull away from orbit, and head outsystem to clear the gravity well. Not long after that, they jumped away.

Decloaked, the Scythe popped out of hyperspace and approached Lujo.

Kaine didn't bother with the traffic control, the ship would remain well clear of the planet. He'd grabbed a Fury-X from the hangar and headed for space, preferring to keep the military presence to a minimum. The capital ship might spook the locals.

Space was relatively free of traffic, and in a stealthy fighter, he'd hardly be noticeable, even to military-grade sensors. Enjoying the feel of the fighter beneath him, Kaine brought the craft in towards the coordinates Lori had sent. Soon enough, Lujo's atmosphere began to heat things up as he descended. He kept the speed reasonable, not wishing to spook anyone.

Soon enough, he saw the landing area, and brought the fighter in nearly to a landing.

Hissing and whining, the Fury-X touched down on Lujo, and Kaine popped the hatch and sprang the distance to the ground, thumping down noisily.

This place is beautiful. He had a soft spot for green fields. Yasha preferred forests, and they were nice too, but he loved wide open spaces.

Loreena Arenais

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'