• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Kira Vaal

Kira Vaal

Destined

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 736 posts

Changing rules that have been on the site for 5+ years takes time.

It really doesn’t.

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,488 posts

It really doesn’t.

You're right in that it doesn't necessarily have to. I could write a down rule and simply say ''That's it, everyone now has to follow it".

But really, I do want to hear different perspectives and ideas rather than just my own, which is why the Factory team is discussing it. It's currently a holiday weekend that many of us are celebrating, so some of us haven't had a chance to think or comment on the proposed changes yet.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kraken Society

Kraken Society

"We are the Face of War"

• Writers
  • 528 posts

Gir Quee

Why don't we base the ruling in regards to mechs on what people who are in the community have already said? Then that way you get a more accurate record of what people want and believe fits within the Star Wars universe rather than a small group of writers who possibly do not represent the whole of the chaos community as a whole. Allow people from the community to draft up some guidelines in regards to the mech ruling and then have that be reviewed by all members of factory staff so that both sides of this issue can be seen, and argued, and discussed, and agreed to to where almost everyone is happy and everyone's opinion is taken into account.

Edited by Kraken Society, 21 April 2019 - 10:50 PM.

Kor Vexen

Kor Vexen

Lord of Assimilation

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 434 posts

The fact that this is still being argued shows ineffectiveness on the staff side in coming to a decisive conclusion and lack of understanding the larger picture. The line could have simply been drawn at "If it has hands and fingers, it won't be accepted" and that will be good enough. At this point the argument for whether or not the Atlas or the Aegis is approved/denied has long since passed and it's just coming down to a matter of "Don't make me spend x amount of days or weeks on something only for you to hate the fact that it has hands" which is basically what the issue is here from the Factory staff side. It was never an issue with the function, the armor, or even the weapons, it was an issue with the appearance and whether or not it fits. But if this rule of "its aesthetics need to fit Star Wars" is going to persist, you best be willing to look at starships, weapons, droids and everything else with just as much scrutiny.

Edited by Kor Vexen, 21 April 2019 - 10:50 PM.

iF9tjNq.jpg

tsegeneralbar01_by_ebilmushroom-dbwvm3d.

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,910 posts

Just a suggestion guys, but rather than belabor the point over what is and isn't a mech, why not come up with something you feel is appropriate, then work with the reviewing judge to ensure they are happy with it?

I mean, you could argue over the definition forever and never come to a common agreement.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

best-mando.gif

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,488 posts

Kor Vexen and Kraken Society, I appreciate that you're both passionate about this subject.

However, I do have a process in place that will lead to a resolution of this issue. Once that process is complete, I'll make a board announcement with my way forward on this issue. Until then, I'm going to lock this thread, because it appears that its constructive use is at an end.

Posted ImagePosted Image