7 replies to this topic

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,088 posts

DMKhcbz.jpg

The AT-999 not only has its own theme song, but shares it with the battlefield.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Mobile HQ
  • Role: Ultra-heavy Mechanized Transport
  • SizeExtreme
  • WeightExtreme
  • Minimum Crew: 20
  • Optimal Crew: 150
  • Propulsion: Bipedal
  • SpeedVery Slow (20km/h top speed)
  • ManeuverabilityLow
  • ArmamentExtreme
    (Primary)

Twin-Linked Devastator Cannons (Slower rate of fire due to Twin-link)
    Twin-Linked Assault Laser Cannons
  • (Secondary)
    Plasma Railguns
    Concussion Missiles

Turbolasers
    Ion Cannons 
  • Grenade Launchers (Legs)
  • Quad Laser Turrets (Top)
  • DefensesExtreme
    Molecular primary shields
    Particle Deflector secondary shields
    Ablative layered Durasteel armor
  • Squadron CountNone
  • Passenger Capacity: 50
  • Cargo CapacityAverage

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths:

• Massive primary weaponry
  • Significant power capacity for both defence and armaments
  • Well able to remove obstacles from its path
  • Safe battlefield transport for troops (500) and passengers (50)
  • Multiple sensor and comm systems ensure resistance to jamming

Weaknesses:

• Extremely slow and extremely heavy
  • Unable to maneuver in tight quarters
  • Unable to deal with fast moving ground targets easily
  • Damage to the main reactor will result in a colossal explosion which will destroy the vehicle (and probably the local area)
  • Slow fire rate for primary weapons due to power charge requirements inherent in twin-linking the weapons

Description:

The AT-999 is the first third-generation ground vehicle produced by MandalArms. It is built around its top-mounted command structure with all the communications and observation gear a commander could want, and the massive firepower of a mobile battle station, allowing this command vehicle to exercise a significant say in any major engagement.

Designed to strike terror into the enemies of the Clans of Mandalore, the AT-999 stands tall, armoured thickly, and armed with a plethora of heavy and point defense weaponry.

She somewhat resembles the first-generation AT-99, but is almost two and a half times the size and weight, with the requisite heavier defences and armaments to complement its immense size. Though not as large as some of the modified construction droids MandalArms has refitted, it is a far more heavily armed beast.

The AT-999 can protect itself from starfighters and ground vehicles, as well as engaging ground troops. It can be somewhat vulnerable if left alone, where it can be overwhelmed by serious continuous fire, or swarming fast-moving ground units.

This is usually offset by the fact an AT-999 is almost universally used at the centre of an army, and is rarely deployed alone.  With such an expensive and time-consuming production, these units are produced individually, and customised at need. 

Edited by Kaine Australis, 20 April 2019 - 08:26 AM.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 1,460 posts
Under Review

SrinaTalon.gif

Confed1.gifExarch.gif

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 1,460 posts

Kaine Australis

Greetings, 

This aesthetic has been popular recently! It looks pretty intimidating and I can definitely see the appeal. I love the song choice. That's a nice touch.

All that being said, we definitely need to look at some things. First and foremost would be the state of the submission itself. We all tend to emulate things that we like in our creations but there's a line we have to be careful not to cross. This submission very closely  resembles the Warhammer 40K Titan. It features the same art, a very similar name, and is even referred to as a "Castle-like" structure. Some of the phrasing utilized in the description is also fairly similar to the wiki article. 

Even some of the features/strengths/and weaknesses match up: Such as, the Titan requiring enormous amounts of energy and weapons that retain a slow rate of fire. Even the Dovin Basals are utilized to simulate the Void Shield generators that the Warhammer Titans have. Dovin Basals essentially create the same effect. 

We will need to see some changes and or updates so that this submission is not quite so on the nose. Changing the name, etc, would be a good start to truly make it your own. 

Once that has been been completed I have some notes for you in the spoiler below. But, the most important thing right now, is to take care of the issue I outlined above for you. 

Please feel free to tag if you have any questions or if I can help in any way. Thank you! 

Edited by Srina Talon, 20 April 2019 - 05:52 AM.

SrinaTalon.gif

Confed1.gifExarch.gif

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,088 posts

Srina Talon No worries, i think ive removed or edited the offending parts. Let me know how i went? :)

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 1,460 posts

Kaine Australis You did very well, very quickly kind sir! I do see one note still in the description about it being a "Forge Titan" still though. Could that be nixed? 

SrinaTalon.gif

Confed1.gifExarch.gif

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,088 posts

Srina Talon Ah yep, that one was a reference to the previous model, i've edited that line. Thanks for all your help and efforts with this sub!

S7IVynM.gif

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 1,460 posts

Kaine Australis Ah, I see! You're all set then. Thanks for working with me and enjoy! 

Edited by Srina Talon, 20 April 2019 - 01:30 PM.

SrinaTalon.gif

Confed1.gifExarch.gif

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 1,460 posts

Approved.

SrinaTalon.gif

Confed1.gifExarch.gif