OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Hovering Troop Transport
- Image Source: http://www.users.glo...G/Roo/RooIV.htm
- Canon Link: NA
- Restricted Missions: NA
- Primary Source: http://www.users.glo...dmin/Index4.htm
- Manufacturer: HLCS
- Model: SPz-2
- Availability: Open-Market
- Modularity: Non
- Ballistic integrated Glass Steel
- Ferrocarbon Frame
- Composite armor: Rolled Ferrocarbon Armor (Toplayer), Trimantium Armor Plating (second layer)
- Duranium armor (over lower section protection repulsion disc)
- Light Integrated Ionic Insulation coating between armor layers.
- Blaster components
- Dallorianalloy (missile launcher)
- Classification:: Repulsor Transport
- Role: Troop/supply transport
- Size: Average 11m long, 4m wide, 2.5m high
- Weight: Light 9 tons
- Minimum Crew: 2 Pilot & gunner
- Optimal Crew: 3 1xPilot and 1xOperator/Commander 1xGunner
- Propulsion: Repulsorlift
- Speed: Average Cruising speed 180km/h Max 200km/h
- Maneuverability: Average
- Transmission: Repulor lift and quick thrust booster
- Armaments: High
- 1x quad mounted missile launcher
- 4xMinature laser ball turrets
- Defenses: Low
- Composite armor platting
- Integrated Ion insulation
- Exo-Shell 3 Shield Projectors
- Passenger Capacity: 6 passengers (with full supply load) 10 (no supply load)
- Cargo Capacity: Average 1200 kg (full passenger load) 2000 kg (no passengers)
- Cost: 45'000 credits (
- Target Identification Network & Advanced Targeting Computer
- Sensall Active Sensor Array & Aerial Sensor
- Basic Communication array
- Advanced Driod interface (For turrets if unmanned)
- Gravmotor alternator
- NV and Thermal Range finder
- Light Integrated Ionic Insulation
- Back mounted boosters (1 minute cool down)
- Internal sighting for outside view and holograpic display
- Sloped composite/Homogenis Armor
- Bouncing- The sloped armor makes the SPz's armor quite effective against ballistic rounds able to deflect the kinetic force away from away from the impact zone.
- No Place To Hide- The array of small ball laser like those on the LAAT make the SPz's very hard to hide from if your infantry and able to lay down quite an impressive covering fire for a short period of time while deploying troops.
- Got To Go Fast- The speed of this craft can rival that of most land speeders, about to be in and out of a combat zone before the enemy has time to even know they are there. for a quick getaway this is your craft.
- Big Boom- The new addition of the missile launcher allows the Spz-2 to deliver fast swift and explosive destruction to it's targets with little effort.
- Flat Butt- The back of the craft is not sloped and contains the ventilation system for the repulsion meaning it is more vulnerable to attack and if damaged may cause the craft to overheat.
- Big Brothers- Though having standard armor due to sloping and decent EMP protection the SPz is still not match for dedicated front line combat craft. As such anti-tank weaponry from larger craft are able to take it out much faster without the SPz able to return adequate fire.
- Ammo- As per most weapons that fire a solid projectile the craft will quickly run out of ammo (when compared to energy weapons) meaning it will need to be well stocked to fight at full capacity.
The Spz-2 is a anti-tank hover APC made simply by taking the current hull and outfitting of the Spz-1, swapping out some hardware and adding in the missile launcher. As small change but one that completely overhauls the use and performance of such a craft. Its armor and other utilities have stayed the same meaning that anyone capable of piloting the Spz-1 can take wheel of this craft and drive it with little difficulty.
Though retaining almost identical stats to it's predecessor the Spz-2 has several new uses. As before the craft works well as an APC, able to transport troops and their equipment to a from the battlefield with speed and protection. In this case the craft has the ability to take down armored targets and does not need to rely on it's speed all the time. In addition the new AT ability allows the craft to act in a more front line role, especially in flanking, or if needed as an SPG, it's large storage space meaning the vehicle can take it's own ammo along for the ride, reducing the need for stocking up giving it more versatility.
Despite the new advantages of the Spz-2 the craft still has the same short comings of the other model. This means the armor of not suited to repel heavy fire, more or less making the craft a glass cannon as it can be easily destroyed by most AT weapons. As a result the craft needs to rely on speed and striking first as it's main defense, least become a burning wreak on the battlefield.
Edited by Harley Fenstermacher, 16 May 2019 - 05:00 PM.