OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To sub a self-contained medical system for use by Visanj T’shkali in future submissions.
Image Source: N/A
Primary Source(s): N/A
Manufacturer: Visanj T’shkali
Affiliation: Visanj T’shkali / Closed-Market
Model: Hippocrates MB-427A Medical Unit
Production: Mass Production
Material(s): Hybrid plexisteel, plastoid, medical equipment, repulsor components.
- Pressor Field
- Digital Life Signs Monitor
- Medical Datapad, linked to an automated 3-D holo-imaging system similar to a combined MRI / CT scan device which appears like a rotating ring passing over and around the patient's body to enable accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Hemodialysis Pump using Smartblood.
- Antiseptic Field
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Flash-Sterilization Device
- Intravenous Port
- Osmotic Field
- Surgical Kit
- Ultrasonic Scrubber
- Stasis Pod
- Integrated 2-1B Surgical Droid Brain
- Bacta Pump
- Capable, thanks to its comprehensive assortment of medical tools, devices, and supplies, of providing treatment for a variety of injuries, illnesses, and maladies both medical and dental. The integrated 2-1B droid brain possessed a wealth of medical knowledge and techniques, making the unit very well equipped to treat a variety of lifeforms.
- Entirely self-contained the unit is able to provide analysis, diagnosis, and treatment and/or maintain a patient alive in stasis for up to 3 weeks, allowing them time to be taken to a better-equipped facility.
- Can be removed from the small medical bay on Visanj's ship and used to retrieve and transport a wounded or sick individual.
- Not intended to be an alternative to or replacement for a real medical bay or facility;Best used for emergency treatments or minor scenarios only, as bacta supplies, etc. would not serve the same as a full size bacta tank or hospital, and may result in scarring or some minor deformity due to limited treatment capabilities.
- Only one patient for bed means that this unit is not at all equipped to handle multiple patients or scenarios where several people are requiring emergency treatment at once, like say, after an explosion in the middle of a crowd or several wounded in a firefight.
- Only able to hold patient in stasis for 3 weeks, beyond which supplies would be exhausted and patient deterioration would be swift.
Conceived as a battlefield emergency medical device originally, the Hippocrates was designed to load a wounded or sick patient aboard, enclosing them inside the airtight lid and beginning treatment immediately while transporting them back to better and more secure facilities.This worked great for combat medics, helping to increase the likelihood of patient survival and was soon adopted by emergency services on Dagata as well.Visanj chose to use it due to its size being slightly larger than an extra-long twin-sized bed, making it a great space-saver, as well as its repulsor movement options.Utilizing a pressor field, as well as multi-layered osmotic and antiseptic fields, loss of blood and infection rates were kept to a minimum, while the surgical, analytical, and treatment delivery system ensured care for a variety of injuries and ailments without the benefit of a doctor or separate medical droid.Only intended to treat one patient at a time, Visanj's single bed makes it impossible for her to respond to serious situations where multiple patients may need immediate care, however it provides everything she needs to see her own survival - or that of just one person - is probable. While it may service a broad spectrum of sickness and injuries, due to limitations on supplies and equipment it is not a replacement for a hospital, and without access to a fully-equipped infirmary, scarring or other residual effects may be had. Likewise, the unit only holds about 3 weeks of supplies and if a suitable hospital cannot be found, the patient will emerge from stasis and their condition will begin to worsen immediately.
[OOC - 9/16/2019 - Changed to Mass Production per Factory Suggestion]
Edited by Visanj T'shkali, 16 September 2019 - 03:39 PM.