Intent: Provide The Avilok with a prestigious academy
Image Credit: Pinterest
Military Base Name: The Avilok Grand Academy
Classification: Training Academy
Location: Vaas, Northern Hemisphere
Accessibility: Restricted to Military Personnel and registered Students. Found deep in arctic wasteland, relatively hidden.
- The Avilok Grand Academy, located on the ice-world of Vaas is where the most prominent Avilok go to learn or complete their training. Built deep within the coldest arctic region of Vaas' Northern Hemisphere, the Grand Academy is the final resting place of those who failed to rise against the brutal training of The Avilok. Or the final resting place of a Student's former self. The Grand Academy's location is not random. It is surrounded by a vast, freezing, nothing. The Philosophy of the Avilok is one steeped in Nihilism. A rejection of Theocracy and the sanctity of the Force and the embrace of Nothing. Of pure practicality over the Moral Compass. This is all reflected in its location and construction. Students are surrounded by a hardening stress. One that reminds them constantly of the proximity of death, and thus the elimination of Ego
- Unlike the Darkside academies of the Sith, the Avilok Grand is also a reflection of the Technocratic Values of its governing body. The Facility itself resembles more of a Military Laboratory than a School, defended by numerous advanced defence systems, running on bleeding-edge energy and significant space allotted to research into the scientific, industrial and warfare applications of The Force
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The Control Tower - The tallest segment of the Academy. This tower is located above the main entrance and is responsible for the supervision and primary maintenance of most systems, ranging from Door Access to the Energy Consumption and Output ratios. Entrance requires either a biometric scan of an authorised organic or registering of a control key programmed into certain I-APE-A's and other Droids.
- Left Wing - Characterized by the presence of three planetary scanner spheres, the Left wing is dedicated to Research and Development. Avilok-Specific technology is developed here, namely the production of Armours, Weapons and research into the Industrial, Military and Scientific applications of the Force. Security includes biometric scanners, control key registers and an internal turret system
- Right Wing - The Right Wing, along with the rest of the Academy is entirely dedicated to the education and housing of the academy's students. It features the living quarters, training rooms/grounds, detention cells, archives, meditation chambers etc.
- Archives - Located in a central location deep underground, the Archives is a heavily protected repository of Knowledge, Artifacts and Research. Rows upon rows of Quantum Holographically stored information makes up the largest portion of the Archive. These durasteel discs contain the general knowledge and history of everything a student needs, ranging from the Jedi, to Lightsaber combat, to the Galaxy itself. Deeper within the archives, the information stored becomes increasingly esoteric and powerful. Artifacts are locked in vacuum chambers only to be accessed by those cleared. Some say the deepest most heavily protected room contains a fabric of Darth Nihilus' cloak. Although these rumours have yet to be confirmed.
- The Arena - Located at the back of the Academy on the edge of an icy cliff is the Arena.It goes by several names. But regardless of what it's called, it remains what it is. a Circle of Skist Obsidian and Duracrete covered by nothing but the subzero wind and snow. Here is where Students go to settle disputes, prove their superiority, or simply train in a particularly stressful environment. If it is two students, they both enter the Arena with nothing but what covers their legs, and the Force. Raw Power is tested here as they battle to the death with only their bodies and the energy that empowers them. Their battles are unrestricted and often unsupervised, rarely ending without savage death. If a student has decided rather to Train, they can choose to face any of the Emergence's Droid arsenal, from the average P1 to the Jedi/Sith Hunter EHK-01, and have them armed with whatever they wish.
- The Eye - Located deep within the Right-wing, beyond the rows of Detention Cells is a small chamber. Behind the Alusteel Blast Door that seals this chamber is a dark, circular room lit by dim red. In the centre of this room is a Block about the height of an average 1.8m (6ft) Chest, translating to around 1.7m or 5ft7in. Built into the Block is a Lens. A lens that closely resembles an Eye. This eye, is the Eye of Sariss, one of two. The Eye is where those condemned within the Avilok go to die. The Individual is brought to the Block, where blood is subsequently taken from them and they are forced before the eye as their blood activates it. Under the active gaze of the Eye, the Dark Side of the Force tears the individual apart.
Biometric Identification Systems
I-APE-A Protocol Droids
Trooper Security Personnel
STA-01 Turboplasma Turrets (Located in several mile radius around Academy)
Hidden Venator Droid Hangars (Containing a total of 144 Droids)
Students and Teachers
Constructed in the early months of 856ABY, The Avilok Grand Academy is the final school for Avilok Students. It represents an amalgamation of Emergence Values. It was first envisioned as a simple school for the growing Avilok, but soon went through several design iterations before becoming what it is now.
Essentially a Military Research Facility that houses Force-Sensitive Students, the Avilok Grand was built with multi-functionality in mind. It's left wing was dedicated to research and development, ranging from simple lightsaber construction to breakthrough research into the more practical applications of the Force, such as Power, Industry and Warfare.
The Right Wing and Central Volume is dedicated to the housing and training of Students. When the Avilok was formed by the Superiex of the Emergence, certain ideological pillars were set in place. Namely that of Nihilism, a Secular Force Perspective and Pure, Unrestricted Power. All of these were woven into its construction and architecture. It is located in the middle of one of the coldest regions of Vaas, near the edge of a Cliff. Students are not restricted in what they can learn and are encouraged to breach their own boundaries in whatever way they see fit.
Edited by Orex Mauda, 02 June 2019 - 10:55 AM.