OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a special shielding unit for Saotome ships, vehicles, armor and facilities
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source:
- Manufacturer: Saotome Foundry
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: Warping Device
- Modularity: None
- Material: Components, Lens
- High Speed Movement: Designed to send a small team across the galaxy
- Overly Engineered: Designed based off of a CIS project for sending a group anywhere in the galaxy. The technology even with advanced engineering is unstable and inaccurate.
- Size: The warping device is large, the size of it and stationary nature requires it to be kept in facilities.
- Power Draw: Using the device requires a great deal of power generally disabling non essential systems for a time.
- Accuracy: Even with improvements to the device to help it... the device is still highly inaccurate. It can get to th planet but there is no promise it will get close to the target location.
Designed by Saotome based off of an old CIS project from the clone wars for moving teams across the galaxy. With Maple Harte and Matsu Ike finding the facility and accidentally activing the device. Afterwards returning and getting what they could for study and reproduction. The first thing for the engineers was that they were working on the stability. Increasing its targeting systems to get to a world. Easily done enough using mapping beacons to improve but it is not perfect. Being able to get to a planet but it can't pinpoint exact areas of the world. The size of the facility required to use the platform with a massive power draw to create the slingshot effectively making weapons and defensive systems unable to be used for a time.