OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a custom planet for the Fringe Imperium
- Image Credit: [ Link to where you found the images, or to the original artist if possible. TinEye or Google Image Search can help. ]
- Canon: No
- Links: The Fringe Imperium
- Planet Name: Ilmane
- Demonym: Ilmanii
- Region: Unknown Regions.
- System Name: Ferii
- System Features:
- Two moons
- Three suns, orange stars
- Asteroid field near the north pole of Illmane
- Two moons
- Location: 1 Hex South of Anthan Prime
- Major Imports:
- Major Exports:
- Food Stuffs
- Unexploited Resources: Unknown
- Gravity: A little above Standard
- Climate: Hot, Dry
- Primary Terrain: Grass Lands, Mountains, Desert
- Atmosphere: Type I
- Capital City: Drengar
- Planetary Features: Mountain Chains near the Equator, vast deserts at the poles.
- Major Locations:
- The Marian Wastes: Near the north and southern poles, due to three suns in the system the planet of Ilmane boasts excessive deserts. Scorching hot beams of sun beat down upon these areas, rendering them nothing more than highly irradiated and baked plains.
- The Andarian Mountain range: Central to the equator the Andarian mountains range from 4000agl to 10000agl. High and impassable on foot in some areas, they dominate the far horizon, and hold much ore and other natural resources.
- Drengar: Drengar is considered more of a mighty Imperial Fortress than a city. Every building and citizen is dedicated to the acquisition and sustenance of their warlike culture. Complete with towering defensive walls, turret emplacements along the outer edges and redundant keeps inside of keeps it is a bastion of industry and training fro the warriors of Ill-mane.
- The Red Keep: The Red keep is the Palace of the God Emperor Titus. It is heavily fortified, in the center of Drengar. Built of red Durasteel and adorned in the banners of the Fringe Imperium, it towers above the other parts of the city.
- The Great Library: In the great Library all the history and texts of the first settlers is kept. Rows upon rows containing thousands of tomes of Galactic history is kept here as well. It is built as a giant temple like structure, similar to the Pyramids, adorned all in red. The library is said to hold much knowledge of the Force as well. It is staffed primarily by droids, and protected by the Keepers of Knowledge, a special sect of Force Users who dedicate their time to the study of the craft, and the worship of the Emperor.
- Native Species: None
- Immigrated Species:
- Population: Heavy
The Demographics of Ilmane are primarily human. While there is a minority of Ughnaugts and Barabels, they are marginalized and herded away from the larger human populations. The world of Ilmane is primarily a Xenophobic one, valuing human supremacy above all else.
- Human 90%
- Other 10%
- Primary Languages: Galactic Basic
- Daily Life
- Daily life for the citizens of Illmane is a life of work. They work at a minimum ten hour days. Almost all of them practice some kind of physical fitness daily. In addition to this they worship at the library by enriching their minds. One day of the week they spend the day conducting drill with their assigned guard unit, or Watching Combat in the Great Arena. There are few holidays save the Settlers day and the the Emperors Birthday.
- The Society of the Illmane is built upon war and survival. Each person is a warrior first and foremost. After that they fall into their self chosen roles. They value physical strength and mental prowess. The Society of Illmane for the most part eschews Xenos, due to their long struggle with the Ssi-Ruvi Imperium. They have developed a Humans First and Warriors first approach. Their is no lower caste system. All citizens are considered equal and can raise their status by service to the Imperium and the merits of that service.
- There are no prominent arts or artists in the world of Illmane. They do not have the time to dedicate to such things.
- The only Sports on Illmane is the Great Arena Gladiator Battles, or watching small squad tactics battles. Beyond that they do not value frivolity.
- The Religion of the Illmane focuses around the God Emperor Titus. During the early days of settlement Titus was a Human Captain in the militia forces that helped drive back the Ssi-Ruvi. When they were nearly decimated, he adopted a strategy of cleansing all life except for humans, and an all out Military Economic expansion doctrine, which remains today. Through this doctrine the people of Illmane were saved, and came to revere him as the God Emperor for the peace and security that he provided. Titus somehow has managed to stay alive long past his tenure, almost two hundred years. Since he is considered immortal he is considered a deity figure. His word is law, and his persona is held high by all citizens.
- Daily Life
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
- Government: Imperial Republic
- Affiliation: The Fringe Imperium
- Wealth: Wealthy
- An all out economic expansion policy has been in place for hundreds of years. Produce Ores and Food to export in mass quantity, and Import Technology advancements. This places the planet of Illmane in a great surplus of material and currency, which is then paid back to the citizens in the form of higher wages. The Economy itself is a free market, with a focus towards war.
- Stability: High
- There is hardly any unrest on Illamne. With the God Emperor as the peoples idol they are in a sense their own inquisitors and report and snuff out heresy wherever it rears its head. They know the power of Martial Might and here all citizens are dedicated towards its end and thus their own gene pools survival and expansion.
- Freedom & Oppression:
- The Planet of Illmane is widely considered free. They are taught of the God Emperor at an early age, and versed in every art and artifice of warfare. This makes them exceptionally happy and eager to expand their own cause and that of their God Emperor. The ruling of the Emperor is law, though lesser matters are delegated to the Senate.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
- Military: The Military features of Ilmane are heavy and numerous. Home to a Military Academy, several major Fortresses, Orbital Shipyards and an Imperial Palace, it is a highly defended and militarized world. Since the beginning of their civilizations time the Ilmanii have placed a heavy emphasis on raw martial power. Infused with the tech of the modern Galaxy notably Lords of the Fringe and Stolen Ssi-Ruvi; First Order, they are well armed and versed.
- Technology: Galactic Standard
The Planet of Illmane was settled just after the Gulag Plague. Seeking to escape the core and the plague, massive Colony Ships launched and flew out into the unknown regions. They discovered Illmane with many provisions left and founded their first settlement upon the surface.
The early days were peaceful, though there was a struggle to get by as provisions ran low. By the time of the Dark Harvest the denizens of Illmane had already undergone a war over whom would rule. It was during this time that the Ssi-Ruvi discovered them and the planets settlement were forced to band together for their own survival. Facing enslavement and eradication as their alternative they rallied under the banner of a prominent Commander known as Titus.
Titus was able to beat back the Ssi-Ruvi Imperium, though at great cost to half their standing population. The surviving colonists now well versed in war and the pragmatism of Martial Might rallied around Titus, casting their vote to elevate him as supreme Commander of the remaining Ilmanii.
Titus took up the mantle, and proved to be a worthy ruler. All production was turned and geared towards the rebuilding of their population and expansion of their Martial Might. Factories were erected, large swathes of mountains strip mined, and farms churned out endless food stuffs. Under the new regime academies of war were stood up, passing down lessons of war to the newer generations. Entire cities were constructed as Bastions of Defense, and Fleets were amassed.
After the Netherworld event the citizens were shaken, and looked to Titus once more as the Ssi-Ruvi again attacked, taking advantage of their weakened state. It was then he delivered. A purge of all Xeno life forms was initiated, catching all Ssi-Ruvi spies in the process. The Martial Doctrine of the Illmanii paid off as again they beat back the Ssi-Ruvi, but again at great cost.
It was then that a new policy of Humanity first, and Total Martial Doctrine only was reinforced. Titus now 100 years past his normal expiration date was praised, is venerated as a deity. Libraries were built to further their knowledge as they came into contact with the various empires of the day. Titus convened a special counsel called the Senate to handle all the mundane matters of state, with him having the ultimate say in matters.
Society recovered, and pushed on, now stronger and more powerful than ever before. All hail the God Emperor Titus, and live by a Warrior Code.
Edited by Nova Storyteller, 11 June 2019 - 06:44 PM.