OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Set-up a trippy organization active on Terminus, take advantage of new avenues with the Netherworld
- Image Credit: x x
- Canon: /
- Links: Didact Defense Solutions, Itash Mecetti
- Organization Name: The Augury
- Classification: Criminal Organization
- Affiliation: Itself, Didact Defense Solutions, Itash Mecetti
- Organization Symbol: See above.
- Description: Whenever a new world is discovered by galactic society there are different interests at play. Some wish to explore, others wish to exploit. Much the same for when an entire reality suddenly opens up. When the Akala Crisis ravaged the Galaxy many people disappeared. Not all of them returned, but the ones who did? They were changed by the experience. Disturbed individuals, shaken to the core, parts of them missing. The Netherworld never left their bones, not even when they had returned to real-space. Once they found each other, once someone found them and offered them proper funding? They got the opportunity they had always longed for. To return to that place of shadows and dreams. Not to study it, no. The Netherworld had taken something from them. It was only fair to take something back and then sell it for profit on the black market.
- Headquarters: Terminus.
- Domain: The Augury makes their home on Terminus, using it as their main base of operations. They have reliable connections to the usual fences, local crime gangs and other affiliated parties of the underworld. They do not have any obvious turf like the usual gang. They don't lay claim on territory, nor squabble over merchandise. The warehouses they use for storage are in permanent state of flux. One day they might operate out of a truck, the next a space port, next week? Who knows.
- Notable Assets: /
- Hierarchy: Director - Commandant - Assistant Commandant - Inspector - Assistant Inspector - Head Constable - Constable - Tradesmen.
- Membership: About three dozen active members with twice as many support staff. The Augury draws much of their hierarchy and membership rules from paramilitary groups found elsewhere in the Galaxy. Which makes sense, considering most of their funding and support originates from Didact Defense Solutions. A mega-corporation that started as a mercenary outfit. Requirements are strict, initiation is intense and many people expire, before they manage to become a member.
- Climate: Professional and no-nonsense. There is a strict regiment, but by and large the members understand this is for their own survival. The Netherworld is not a place to relax in, neither is the Terminus underworld. Loyalty is highly valued, while unchecked ambition is usually weeded out as soon as possible. This is not a place that rewards solo players only caring about themselves.
- Reputation: Cautious, mostly. Nobody really knows who works for the Augury. It could be anyone, everyone, or no one in the room. Their identities are guarded and fraternization outside of the organization is discouraged.
- Curios: A curious coin.
- Rules: There is a whole guidebook, but it boils down to a few principles. Don't be an idiot. Get the job done. Have each other's back. Go home with your share of the coin.
- Goals: Profit from the illicit sale of Netherworld artifacts, study the realm's properties and establish greater presence within it.
The Augury began as a run-of-the-mill cult slash survivor support group. Individuals marked by their experience in the Netherworld came together for support. To understand each other and understand the time they spend in that strange realm. It didn't take long for someone else to take interest. Every one of these sentients had a background in combat. Military, cops, mercenaries, the works. All they needed was a little push in the right direction. To move past simple theory. To encourage their desire to revisit that realm, but this time on their own terms and with proper backing.
Itash Mecetti provided.
He always did.
Within the span of a year the Augury was up-and-running. An organization with regular forays into the Netherworld, extracting any worthwhile resources, eradicating any opposition in their path, before returning to real-space.
Where the illegal trade began on Terminus.
Nobody knows for sure how safe these artifacts are. They are strange. Their effects still being tested, poked at, but one thing is for sure. Many want their own little slice of hell in real-space. The Augury is only eager to provide that niche. They are professionals, covert, they do not seek attention. The sales pass through intermediaries and always cycle between locations. Fame and recognition is for the dead, they like to say.
They only care about getting what is theirs.
Their power back, their self-determination, stone cold credits for some.
The Augury is open for business.