OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A punishment for recidivist criminals
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: Entechment
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Affiliation: MandalArms, Clans of Mandalore, Closed-Market
- Model: PE/AM-1
- Production: Limited
- Modularity: No
- Material: Turadium, Dallorian Alloy, Agrinium, Circuitry
- Classification: Fourth Degree (Soldier)
- Weight: 1200 kilograms
- Height: 4 meters
- Movement: Bipedal
- Armaments: Thermal Lance, Sonic Cannon, Devastator Cannon
- Misc. Equipment: Full audiovisual spectrum sensor and targeting suite, data analysis and database.
- Assassin Droid programming
- Entechment power-booster
- Inbuilt weapons systems
- Inbuilt repulsorlifts
- Integrated MBE-2
- Integrated QR
- Integrated QKC
- Able to utilize the life-force of imprisoned being to boost weapon power temporarily
- Able to utilize repulsorlifts to clear ground obstacles such as buildings
- Multiple advanced comms and sensor systems make it resistant to jamming and countermeasures
- Multiple powerful ranged weapons systems makes the droid deadly in combat
- Vulnerable to a sustained EMP such as a disruption field
- No melee fighting ability
- Prisoner is exposed and can easily be killed by enemy weapons fire
Personally designed by Kaine to be the ultimate punishment, combined with the finest artificial mind and weaponry MandalArms could produce, the Atonement Mechanism is a horrible fate reserved for the most disgraced of criminal elements.
Foremost in the droid's design is the entechment harness, where a prisoner is physically strapped and hooked up to the battle droid, their life force utilized to give the droid's weaponry a short-term power boost when needed. Utilizing the insidious Ssi-Ruuk entechment technology, the prisoner is reduced to a battery. Rather than drain a prisoner all at once, they are utilized as needed, and kept alive until they expire from overstress, or being fully drained by the entechment process.
The droid's inner workings are fine MandalArms microengineering. The frame of the droid is comprised of Turadium, usually used in blast doors, and resistant to damage. The joints are comprised of thousands of microgyros, giving each joint incredible flexibility, and the droids themselves excellent balance.
The outer hull of the droid is Turadium, with the internal capacitors and the main reactor shielded with Agrinium and Dallorian Alloy. Armed with an array of heavy weapons, including a thermal lance, disruptor cannon, and sonic cannon, it is well able to engage multiple targets at medium ranges.
Each unit is intelligent and sentient in its own right, having had self-awareness from the moment of activation. Programmed with weapons training,and equipped with intelligence and physical abilities well beyond any human, they are a deadly dangerous weapon of war, and a life sentence for anyone strapped to the things.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 09 June 2019 - 08:25 PM.