4a1a39e30980d3af389cc5c26d73027b.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: A punishment for recidivist criminals
  • Image Source: Link
  • Canon Link: Entechment
  • Primary Source: None

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

• Classification: Fourth Degree (Soldier)
  • Weight: 1200 kilograms
  • Height: 4 meters
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: Thermal LanceSonic CannonDevastator Cannon
  • Misc. Equipment: Full audiovisual spectrum sensor and targeting suite, data analysis and database.

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Assassin Droid programming
  • Entechment power-booster
  • Inbuilt weapons systems
  • Inbuilt repulsorlifts
  • Integrated MBE-2
  • Integrated QR
  • Integrated QKC

Strengths:

• Able to utilize the life-force of imprisoned being to boost weapon power temporarily
  • Able to utilize repulsorlifts to clear ground obstacles such as buildings
  • Multiple advanced comms and sensor systems make it resistant to jamming and countermeasures
  • Multiple powerful ranged weapons systems makes the droid deadly in combat

Weaknesses:

• Vulnerable to a sustained EMP such as a disruption field
  • No melee fighting ability
  • Prisoner is exposed and can easily be killed by enemy weapons fire

DESCRIPTION

Personally designed by Kaine to be the ultimate punishment, combined with the finest artificial mind and weaponry MandalArms could produce, the Atonement Mechanism is a horrible fate reserved for the most disgraced of criminal elements.

Foremost in the droid's design is the entechment harness, where a prisoner is physically strapped and hooked up to the battle droid, their life force utilized to give the droid's weaponry a short-term power boost when needed. Utilizing the insidious Ssi-Ruuk entechment technology, the prisoner is reduced to a battery. Rather than drain a prisoner all at once, they are utilized as needed, and kept alive until they expire from overstress, or being fully drained by the entechment process.

The droid's inner workings are fine 
MandalArms microengineering. The frame of the droid is comprised of Turadium, usually used in blast doors, and resistant to damage. The joints are comprised of thousands of microgyros, giving each joint incredible flexibility, and the droids themselves excellent balance.

The outer hull of the droid is Turadium, with the internal capacitors and the main reactor shielded with Agrinium and Dallorian Alloy. Armed with an array of heavy weapons, including a thermal lance, disruptor cannon, and sonic cannon, it is well able to engage multiple targets at medium ranges.

Each unit is intelligent and sentient in its own right, having had self-awareness from the moment of activation. Programmed with weapons training,and equipped with intelligence and physical abilities well beyond any human, they are a deadly dangerous weapon of war, and a life sentence for anyone strapped to the things.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 09 June 2019 - 08:25 PM.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,082 posts

Under Review.

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,082 posts

Kaine Australis

An interesting idea here, but I have to ask the entenchment process was generally done in a lab, all in one go transferring the life energy and the soul of a sentient being into a machine. This though seems to just pull energy as needed, so is the prisoner in constant pain or will they only feel pain when their energy is being tapped for the energy. Also, do they recover energy if they're only partially tapped in a battle? I think given the unique use of the technology you might want to go into a little more detail here. 

I also want to point out that the Devestator is at limited production, while this submission is at minor. 

sensor baffling Durinium

You mention the sensor blocking ability of Durinium, which really should be included as a strength, within this submissionn, just how capable to you see the Durinium as being?

The frame of the droid is a neat alloy of Turadium and Durinium, resistant to damage,

As above, this seems like something else that should be included as a strength. 

Armed with an array of heavy weapons, including a thermal lance, disruptor cannon, and sonic cannon, it is well able to engage multiple targets at medium ranges.

This is another strength of the submission. 

If you could tag me back when you've read through my points we can see about moving the sub on to approval :) 

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

John Locke No worries, i think i've addressed all the points now. Removed the durinium and changed the production level.

Can someone recover life force taken partially from them by entechment? I have no idea. I've put in a bit of detail outlining that the prisoner is drained partially as needed.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,082 posts

Kaine Australis

Apologies for the delay in getting back to this. Enjoy the new submission.

John Locke

John Locke

The Futurist

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,082 posts

Approved.