OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To submit a canon-based BD type droid for marketplace sale.
- Image Source: DeviantArt
- Canon Link: BD Unit
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Outsourced by Starjump Enterprises
- Affiliation: Starjump Enterprises, SoroSuub Corporation [market hub]
- Model: BD-series droid
- Production: Mass-Produced
- Modularity: Some modules can be attached or replaced
- Material: Durasteel, droid components
- Classification: Second Degree
- Weight: 2kg
- Height: 75cm (full leg extension)
- Movement: Bipedal
- Armaments: Short range electro-shock blast
- Misc. Equipment: Holographic projector, fusioncutter, foot-mounted slicing port, bacta-injector capsule dispenser, exploration and data compiling systems, holomap projector, scanning module, communication booster, enviro-scanner display (on back of head unit)
- Can maintain and perform repairs on a variety of vehicles/starships
- Can perform basic slicing tasks
- Can perform basic janitorial tasks
- Can collect, compile and store exploration data
- Can scan various items or objects and access holonet information
- Is built for and well-equipped to serve as a personal assistant, data storage and exploration support.
- Can travel easily across most terrain, even able to fit into small spaces and attach to the owner's back similar to a backpack.
- Can provide bacta-injectors for owner, to heal small wounds.
- Can only speak through binary or via a computer system.
- Not made for combat.
- Small size and weight make it a more delicate droid type.
Outsourced to a subsidiary by Starjump Enterprises, the company aimed to create a BD-series droid that was capable of serving numerous needs for Outer Rim citizens. Being small, modifiable and able to store easily due to size and weight, the BD unit is versatile. Not only can it serve as an exploration aid, having high powered mapping and scanning capabilities, while also offering slicing, repair, personal assistance and even basic health support. The BD unit is created for light, easy carrying, but can also defend itself - or its owner - with a short range electro-shock blast. Like most droids, the BD unit is only capable of communicating in binary or non-Basic verbal sound projections.
The BD unit remains an explorers ultimate tool, offering a strong support capacity, with optional module customization for taste. The units come painted white with red accents as standard.
Edited by Chance Bonaventure, 09 June 2019 - 09:09 AM.