OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a unique armor plating available through Concord Specialized Technologies.
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: https://en.wikipedia.../Ablative_armor
- Manufacturer: Concord Specialized Technologies
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: Ablative Armor
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Carbon fiber, Resin
- Classification: Anti-energy
- Weight: Light
- Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration. We recommend using this spreadsheet tool to maintain general balance, but its use is not mandatory.Increasing weight, lowering production levels, or reducing resistances gives more room to increase resistance ratings elsewhere, typically on a one-for-one tradeoff basis.)
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: Low
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Ion/EMP: Low
- Heat: Very High
- Ablative armor burns away to dissipate heat energy effectively stopping energy-based weapons, but only being good for two to three shots in the same location.
- High resistance to blaster, lightsaber, and heat based weapons.
- Light weight.
- Little kinetic, ion, and EMP resistance.
- Burns away.
Designed as a light, effective armor solution for starships, this ablative armor was created by engineers at Concord Specialized Technologies to be used on their craft to help protect them from blaster, laser, and turbolaser fire. While the combination of material is very common, there use has not really been needed for centuries for most hyperdrive capable species. Using this plating, ships can get a temporary, but effective layer of protection against enemy fire.