OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To sub a powerful encrypted communications system.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link(s): N/A
Primary Source(s): N/A
Manufacturer: Visanj T’shkali
Model: StarVoice Communications System (SCS)
Production: Mass Production
- Comm Laser
- TranLang III Communications Module
- Courier Communications Module
- Communicator Monitor
- Communications Array
- Communications Transceiver
- Hyperwave Transceiver
- Subspace Transceiver
- Encryption Module
- Radionics Transceiver
- Comm Unit Booster
- Virtually Invincible to Jamming – The equipment used in this design is very hard to hack into.
- Able to Transmit through Rock and Metal – The equipment used in this design can penetrate through most rock and even plates of metal.
- Real-time Translation Capability – Thanks to the computer-assisted TranLang III module, real-time translation is made possible in several million languages and dialects.
- Self-Healing – The bio-tech components used in this design can heal if they damaged, usually over a period of several hours to a few days, provided the damage is not too excessive.
- Hardened to EMP/Ion – The systems’ design is, at every level, protected and shielded against EMP/Ion strikes.
- Difficult to Slice – The signal transmissions, if they can be intercepted at all, are encrypted to various levels which at their highest are nearly impregnable to break.
- Highly Complex – The SCS uses a variety of complex components and software, making it very difficult to easily repair depending on the level of damage and can make parts hard to replace in some corners of the galaxy.
- Only as Good as the Other End – Encryption and decryption is great, and this system is great for it, but if the receiver on the other end can’t keep up, it’s all for nothing. This system works to the lowest-common-denominator-setting, which can make messages easier to intercept and decode.
- Fickle – Due to its bio-tech components, it can be susceptible to radiation and succumb to viruses and diseases.
- Power Drinker – Requires a lot of power to function properly, making it impossible to be used aboard anything smaller than 50m, precluding most small craft and starfighters.
- Hard, Not Limitless – A strong-enough EMP/Ion strike can knock the system offline, requiring a complete reboot of the system, which can take as much as an hour.
[OOC: 9/16/2019, Segroth PGA Coating removed from this submission per Factory Suggestion; submission altered to reflect character merger]
Edited by Visanj T'shkali, 16 September 2019 - 06:07 PM.