• Create Account
Photo

TTH/ACS-01 “Umxhasi” Active Camouflage Generator

- - - - - TGC The Golden Company TTH The Thyrsian Hierarchy REC Republic Engineering Active Camouflage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Khonsu Amon

Khonsu Amon

=] IMPETU ☼ SOLIS [=

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,431 posts

dlJNZ6y.png?1

LbbGZLc.png
Intent: To create a new generation personal concealment system.
Image Source: The Predator (2018) Movie - Gif made by Imgur.
Canon Link: Not Applicable.

jD4DLP0.png
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation - Special Projects Division, The Golden Company - Armourer’s Guild, The Thyrsian Hierarchy - Royal Armourer’s Guild.
Affiliation: The Golden Company, The Thyrsian Hierarchy, Semhar and the Sephi Refugee Enclave, Closed-Market.
Model: TTH/ACS-01 “Umxhasi” Active Camouflage Generator, "Alaric's Shroud" - Pattern Concealment Generator. 
Modularity: No; the Generator is a Module itself.
Production: Minor-scale Production.
Material: Durasteel, Insulating Materials, Various Concealment Generator Components.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Externally Mounted Module.
  • Variable Cloaking Coverage (Small to Large-sized Characters.)
  • Integrated Rechargeable Power Cell.
  • Integrated Concealment Projectors.
  • Hexagonal "Materialization" when Deactivated or Activated.
Strengths:
  • Capable of bending light, sound, and electromagnetic waves; granting imperfect invisibility to the bearer and their weapons..
  • Thermoguard bodyglove capabilities; able to alter emitted temperature(s) at will to fool thermal/infrared/ultraviolet Sensors.
Weaknesses:
  • Visible phantasmal silhouette; easier to detect when deployed in visual range and the wearer’s in motion.
  • External precipitation clings to the generated cloak (Rain, Snow, Ash, Etc.)
  • Extremely limited EMP and ion resistance (Background electromagnetic defense only.)
  • Full reboot requirement after the generated cloak’s been disabled or collapses (Roughly, One minute.)
  • Cannot dampen externally created sound (Broken twigs, Etc.)
  • Cannot mask footprints on soft ground.
  • Cannot be used in conjunction with personal energy shields.
  • Visibly distorts when weapons are discharged within the shroud.

DESCRIPTION

Although the Golden Company have taken to the battlefield, clad in the armour the same hue of their namesake, a majority of the Sun Guards within that Outfit’s ranks couldn’t forget their origins as Special Forces operatives. While they had little issue adapting to their new way of waging war, there were those among their number that wished for something a little more familiar. Thus, the historical foundations of the Umxhasi were laid out before the combined intellectual might of the Corscanti, Thyrsian, and newly inducted Sephi Enclaves. The latter were a relatively new addition, but through a momentary lapse in judgement and benevolent charity - the Core-born architects wove the Knife-eared Engineers into their Special Projects Division. With the fresh blood and expertise added to their ranks, the triumvirate began collaborating on bringing their new device out of the conceptual stages. 

At the very basic level, the Umxhasi was intended to be a new generation of personal concealment devices; meant to shroud the warrior from the visual spectrum and many forms of electronic scanning; allowing the wearer to infiltrate deep behind enemy lines. However, during their original drafting period, the technical architects found themselves using the rare stygium crystals as the basis for their design; only to find themselves incapable of meeting the quantity-based demands of all parties involved. Therefore, their focus shifted towards easily accessible and alternative methods to achieve their end goal. The first method they attempted, that held a measure of promise, utilized photo-reactive panels that concealed a wearer’s infrared signature, as well as being capable of blending into their surroundings like a chameleon.

However, while they could claim that they achieved their goals, it was judged to be an ineffective waste of time due to the amount of modifications needed to be made in order to make the system viable for operational use. Therefore, the Umxhasi was brought back to the drawing board with efficiency and portability in mind. 

The second variation that was created achieved that goal through a combination of various arcane technologies and radical ideas. Through the use of a finely-tuned holographic energy field that was capable of warping various waves around the user; granting them an imperfect form of invisibility to the naked, and electronically-enhanced eye. This projected energy “bubble” tightly enveloped the user, and devoured the internal sound and electromagnetic waves to deny conventional, military-grade sensors the ability to detect the activated device with any accuracy; provided there was prior knowledge of the device’s deployment. In addition to the aforementioned points, the Umxhasi was capable of bending Light itself around the wearer; leaving nothing but an ethereal phantasm in their place. 

Whilst remaining perfectly still, it was noted that the subjects equipped with the Concealment Generator were harder to detect, rather than when they were in motion. It was because the generator’s were consistently adapting the their shifting background environments, and were sometimes unable to keep up with the rapid pace set by many of the cybernetically, and genetically augmented Sun Guards. Nevertheless, such a factor was given little heed in the grander scheme of things, as with the chaos of the battlefield erupting all around them, it was unlikely that an enemy would spot them until it was too late. 

When speaking of the drawbacks of the device, there was little that could be done when it came to external interference like a heavy downpour, falling snow, or ash. Each of the aforementioned variations of precipitation would coat, or cling to the projected light-warping bubble and alert a cognizant hostile to the presence of a cloaked phantasm. In addition to that environmental deployment hazard, the Umxhasi held little resistance to Magpulse or Ionic weaponry; which would force the systems to overload and entirely collapse the shroud of adaptive camouflage. As well, the generated shroud wasn’t capable of dampening the sounds emitted from outside it’s nigh-skintight bubble, unlike the variable noise generated within the field. This unfortunate drawback meant that if an Operator broke a twig underfoot - those within aural range would be notified to their masked presence and act accordingly.

Despite the various imperfections, the Umxhasi - which translated to Apex Predator in Galactic Basic - was the perfect addition to the Sun Guard’s ever-growing arsenal. While many would consider shrouding oneself from the gaze of your enemies as a cowardly act that was bereft of honour, it would be stated that the martial tenets of honour meant nothing to a corpse. With the Umxhasi in hand? It was likely there would be many discarded trophies littering the various battlefields across the stars - each bearing the masterful handiwork of the Scions of Thyrsus.

Edited by Khonsu Amon, 10 June 2019 - 12:16 AM.

Posted Image

Signature made by Bambi - Avatar made by Sochi Ru

| Equipment Listing |

Laira Darkhold

Laira Darkhold

Jedi Princess

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,407 posts

Khonsu Amon

As it stands, this appears to be a Personal Cloaking Field in all but name. If you want to keep it as is, you will need to reduce the production to Semi-Unique or less.

Khonsu Amon

Khonsu Amon

=] IMPETU ☼ SOLIS [=

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,431 posts
Laira Darkhold - I disagree, wholeheartedly. While I can understand the confusion that'd arise by skimming the submission, and seeing only the gif - you'll need to look deeper for enlightenment. If this was upgraded to a personal cloaking device, it wouldn't have a multitude of written, and unwritten weaknesses - nor would it have been submitted as such.

So, I appreciate your concern, but I don't appreciate the threat of denial implied by your response.

Now, I'm willing to add some of the unwritten weakenesses to this submission, and bump it's production rating up to Limited. Anything higher than that, and I'm afraif the changes would have to be justified throughout the Submission, which would require a massive overhaul on my part. So, I'd like to keep everything as is, but am willing to bend to make this work without too much alteration.

Posted Image

| Equipment Listing |

Laira Darkhold

Laira Darkhold

Jedi Princess

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,407 posts

Khonsu Amon

I read it.

It's a Personal Cloaking Device. Call it whatever you want, but Anas Platyrhynchos is still a Duck. It shares most of the related weaknesses with plenty of canon Personal Cloaking Devices with a few additions on your part.

If you want it to turn you invisible, it'll have to be at Semi-Unique.

Khonsu Amon

Khonsu Amon

=] IMPETU ☼ SOLIS [=

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,431 posts
Laira Darkhold - If you read it, you'll recall that this submission doesn't render the character/character's using it to be invisible. It doesn't do anything close to what "standard", hibridium or stygium cloaks are capable of and works in a completely different manner - this not a cloak. I made sure that was written in the description, and justified the reasoning. With that being said, in addition to the offer I made before in my previous reply, I can expand on it's concealment properties in explicit detail to ensure there isn't future confusion.

However, since it seems that you're dead set on forcing this submission into something it's not, nor what I want it to be - you're welcome to archive this submission, as I will definitely be requesting a more competent judge that's willing to work with the submission, rather than brute force it.

Thank you for your time.

Posted Image

| Equipment Listing |

Laira Darkhold

Laira Darkhold

Jedi Princess

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,407 posts

Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag Gir Quee or Jairus Starvald.