OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a starfighter for Clan Gred.
- Image Source: https://starwars.fan...ail_starfighter
- Canon Link: https://starwars.fan...ail_starfighter
- Primary Source: https://starwars.fan...ail_starfighter
- Manufacturer: Concord Specialized Technologies
- Affiliation: Clans of Mandalore. Clan Gred
- Model: GF-1 TwinTail
- Material: Durasteel
- Classification: Multi-role Starfighter
- Length: 16 m
- Width: 16 m
- Height: 3.91 m
- Armament: Moderate (4x Heavy laser cannons, 2x Strill universal Launch tubes)
- Defenses: Average (Shields, Ablative armor, Durasteel hull)
- Squadron Count: Low: 8 (3 Squadrons in all)
- Maneuverability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: Average
- Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1
2x Ion-jet engines
4x Heavy laser cannons
- Better agility and firepower.
- Ablative armor.
- Master of none.
- Ablative armor will burn away.
Description: Designed specifically for Clan Gred, the GF-2 TwinTail, modeled off the X-Wing TwinTail, is a powerful multi-role fighter meant to fill the gap in most of the clan's naval force. With their small size, the Clan needed a vessel that could handle all around missions, and with that, fell to an older Republic design they head on record. One they could easily modify for a new era are space combat. Armed with heavy laser cannons and universal launch tubes, the GF-2 TwinTail is about to take on many kinds of missions, from space superiority to CAS. Each vessel is also equipped with a V1 astromech mounted to the ship, basically acting as an extension of the main computer. Like the old Incom design, this often makes the ship have unique quirks, and basically have a unique personality all its own if allowed. Most of the Gred pilots prefer this, as they like the idea of their droids being able to plan and think of they need them to.
The TwinTail's defenses consist of CST ablative armor, making her capable of taking hits directly to the hull without damaging vital systems, shielding, and a durasteel hull. The fighter is also equipped with ion-jet engines that push her heavier frame to surprising speeds, but where the TwinTail shines is agility. While the original was designed to be an "all-rounder," the Gred version of the TwinTail was built with a lean towards it's agility. Able to out turn many fighters, and even keep up with the turn rates of some interceptors, the GF-2 is combines this with her firepower to be an absolutely deadly dogfighter.
Many Gred's who have flown the GF-2 have quickly become attached to their fighters, and have added their own personal touches to the paint, though squadron leaders have adopted a red scheme. While it does make them seem less like a unit, is does make the craft distinctly Gred in nature.
Edited by Mig Gred, 08 July 2019 - 03:45 PM.