• Canon Link:  Force Storm, Yammosk, Tsil
  • Primary Source: None

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Organic Weapon
  • Size: Extreme
  • Weight: Extreme
  • Ammunition Type: The Force
  • Ammunition Capacity: 10 (Organic components will be exhausted and require rest and replacement)
  • Reload Speed: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Extreme

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Capable of generating a powerful Force Storm with a large damage potential, effective against conventional defenses

Strengths:

• Phenomenal damage potential against most forms of defense

Weaknesses:

• Extremely vulnerable to damage, killing the Tzils will render the weapon useless
  • Any sort of malfunction or imbalance will result in the firing platform being torn apart by its own Force Storm
  • Ysalamiri provide an effective defence against Force-based attack

DESCRIPTION

MBE's latest offering to Mandalorian forces is an organic weapon of a somewhat exotic nature. Powered by the Force itself, this somewhat malevolent weapon uses living creatures to generate tremendous destructive potential. Controlled by a Yammosk, which dominates the other organic components and keeps the weapon in balance, this exotic creation is one of MandalArms' subsidiary's most ambitious to date.

The Yammosk controls a cloned Force-sensitive brain, which focuses its ability in an uncontrolled and untrained burst. This burst provides electrical energy and generates a massively amplified surge of the Force, which manifests in the form of a powerful Force Storm, which is thrown ahead of the weapon to devastate anything unfortunate enough to be caught in its path.

The Force Storm generated manifests as a lightning storm in space, which moves out ahead of the firing vessel. This lightning isn't terribly dangerous on its own, but should the Storm pass into an atmosphere, such as that contained within a spaceship or station, it will very quickly begin to generate clouds, soaking up moisture and producing precipitation. The lightning too, is capable of serious damage to the internal workings of a ship or station.

Though the weapon is not Dark Side in nature, the virtual enslavement of living creatures makes it a propaganda dream for the enemies of Mandalore, should they discover its secrets. Built to be a dangerous and formidable primary weapon for an organic dreadnaught, it is capable of only a couple of handfuls of shots before being totally exhausted.

Even with such limitations, it is most effective against shielded and armoured capital ships, able to attack them on the inside, though Ysalamiri will successfully protect against its Force based assault.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 13 June 2019 - 10:56 PM.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Lightning guns on starships exist in canon, so there's some decent precedence on the effects of this weapon.

Even with such limitations, it is most effective against shielded and armoured capital ships, able to attack them on the inside, though Ysalamiri will successfully protect against its Force based assault.

Lightning is a form of energy, meaning that it is highly likely that basic ray shielding is going to prevent this from directly going into a ship. Quick dirty quote from wookieepedia:

The shield itself behaved in a manner similar to that of a thermally conductive material—energy applied was quickly diffused and re-radiated back into the environment, but the shield itself could also absorb some of the energy. The absorbed energy was shunted into heat sinks, and re-radiated at a lesser rate by the shield and neutrino radiators.

In other words, this doesn't look like the sort of thing that can go through shields.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

Gir Quee I entirely agree, the lightning the Storm manifests in space is not going to pass through shields.

The Force Storm itself though would be unaffected by conventional shields, and be able to generate more lightning once inside a ship's internal atmosphere.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Canon Link:  Force Storm,

This appears to be linked to the other Force Storm than what I think we're talking about.

Forease of reference of anyone else following along, Force Storm (weather).

The Force Storm itself though would be unaffected by conventional shields, and be able to generate more lightning once inside a ship's internal atmosphere.

I'm not so sure about this. From the aforementioned wookiee article:

...that presumably combined Force Whirlwind and Force lightning to create something akin to a dry tropical storm. It was most likely intended to be used in concentration in a small area.

Force Lightning originates from the body of the user itself and moves outward towards its opponents. In other words, it's something where the energy involved isn't to originate from within the target ship itself. The description of Force Storm here is fairly clearly something that originates in an area centered on the user itself. Hence also this line:

to whip the weather around the user into a frenzy

It's also described in terms of a diameter, which is suggetive again that its centered on the user, rather than something that's remotely projected elsewhere. There's quite clearly some environmental limitations to this as well:

Obviously, this ability could only be used outdoors, and was constrained by the local climate. Though a user could not conjure a rainstorm in a desert, a dangerous sandstorm was certainly not out of the question.

If that local climate is space, this is probably going to be pretty limited in terms of power, especially given that Force Storm is "used in concentration in a small area". Space combat is almost certainly on a different order of magnititude of distances compared to personal ground combat (though admittedly not always). Now, in certain areas of space like the Akkadese Maelstrom and certain planetary atmospheres, that may be different. But those would appear to be the exception to the rule rather than the normal.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

Gir Quee Good points all. I'm going to have to rethink this one. Maybe as a ground-based defensive weapon. Pls archive for now.

S7IVynM.gif

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag Gir Quee or Jairus Starvald.

Posted ImagePosted Image