OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A unique and exotic weapon for an organic capital ship
- Image Source: Link
- Canon Link: Force Storm, Yammosk, Tsil
- Primary Source: None
- Manufacturer: MandalBioEng
- Model: XX-1
- Affiliation: Clans of Mandalore
- Modularity: No
- Production: Unique
- Material: Yammosk, Clone Brain, Tsils, Organic Circuitry
- Classification: Organic Weapon
- Size: Extreme
- Weight: Extreme
- Ammunition Type: The Force
- Ammunition Capacity: 10 (Organic components will be exhausted and require rest and replacement)
- Reload Speed: Very Low
- Effective Range: Extreme
- Rate of Fire: Very Low
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Extreme
- Capable of generating a powerful Force Storm with a large damage potential, effective against conventional defenses
- Phenomenal damage potential against most forms of defense
- Extremely vulnerable to damage, killing the Tzils will render the weapon useless
- Any sort of malfunction or imbalance will result in the firing platform being torn apart by its own Force Storm
- Ysalamiri provide an effective defence against Force-based attack
MBE's latest offering to Mandalorian forces is an organic weapon of a somewhat exotic nature. Powered by the Force itself, this somewhat malevolent weapon uses living creatures to generate tremendous destructive potential. Controlled by a Yammosk, which dominates the other organic components and keeps the weapon in balance, this exotic creation is one of MandalArms' subsidiary's most ambitious to date.
The Yammosk controls a cloned Force-sensitive brain, which focuses its ability in an uncontrolled and untrained burst. This burst provides electrical energy and generates a massively amplified surge of the Force, which manifests in the form of a powerful Force Storm, which is thrown ahead of the weapon to devastate anything unfortunate enough to be caught in its path.
The Force Storm generated manifests as a lightning storm in space, which moves out ahead of the firing vessel. This lightning isn't terribly dangerous on its own, but should the Storm pass into an atmosphere, such as that contained within a spaceship or station, it will very quickly begin to generate clouds, soaking up moisture and producing precipitation. The lightning too, is capable of serious damage to the internal workings of a ship or station.
Though the weapon is not Dark Side in nature, the virtual enslavement of living creatures makes it a propaganda dream for the enemies of Mandalore, should they discover its secrets. Built to be a dangerous and formidable primary weapon for an organic dreadnaught, it is capable of only a couple of handfuls of shots before being totally exhausted.
Even with such limitations, it is most effective against shielded and armoured capital ships, able to attack them on the inside, though Ysalamiri will successfully protect against its Force based assault.
Edited by Kaine Australis, 13 June 2019 - 10:56 PM.