I was thinking it could add a lot more diversity if factions could choose something else other than an SSD every so many dominions, something that would give them an equal advantage in another field or set them apart from the rest of the factions. This could be anything from unique technology only that faction could use to maybe a giant freaking land droid thing that could take on small armies by itself, or just an SSD as usual.
Because, super star destroyers are cool and all, but it'd be cool to have options too. Especially if this uniqueness could help promote that faction.
Some options I would suggest are:
- Using an SSD Point as I will now call them to make it so that the faction can now produce a certain restricted material up to the "Limited" production setting. Can be used again to allow construction up to "Minor". With each level achieved the tech becomes a little less powerful. Cannot become mass produced. Each faction can only have two restricted materials effected by this. That way we don't have nanites made of void stone with cloaking devices.
- Some sort of large land thing equivalent to an SSD in space. A giant droid, some sort of gargantuan vong form, or something like a squad (no more than 6) of Master level Force Users.
- A giant super fortress that can be used to defend an entire hex but it can't move from said hex.
- A more powerful force nexus on the faction's planet of choosing.
- And then their pick of some unique technologies, examples would be: AI that can use High Tech simulations to predict enemy movements and tactics, more effective the more data it has, effectively letting you know enemy movements before they know them, Planet-Wide shields, Light Saber mass production so ground troops can have cheap knock offs of Light Sabers, not too effective but still impressive, Titan Fallesque mechs, Possibilities are endless, and those wanting the unique tech can work with staff to figure out something unique but not too OP.
Edited by Myra, 23 June 2019 - 06:51 AM.