OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To flesh out CorSec and its policing strategies
- Image Credit: https://www.devianta...-Fleet-18607703
- Fleet Name: Smuggling and Interdiction Division
- Classification: System Patrol and Anti-Smuggling Group
- Affiliation: Corellia, Corellian Confederation
- Fleet Symbol: [I f your fleet has a sigil or logo, provide a picture or briefly describe what it looks like. Feel free to include colour scheme, etc in this field. ]
- Description: The Smuggling and Interdiction Division of CorSec is the limited naval presence force of the law enforcement agency. After the Corellian Defense Force was established general system patrol duties fell to them. While Corellia and its brothers have a substantial defense fleet they are more heavily geared to defense from attack and thus mostly safeguarded the imidiate space around the planets thus leaving wide swaths of space open for pirates, smugglers, and other deviants to use with little fear. The Smuggling and Interdiction Division, also known as SID, filled that gap in law enforcement. Comprised of corvettes, small frigates, light freighters, and starfighters the SID monitors the hyperlanes and the Corellian System for criminal activity to bring them to justice. Like most CorSec groups their pilots wore green flight suits and all of their vessels had green stripes and the CorSec logo painted somewhere along its hull. In order to travel through the system quickly SID had developed a complicated network of mini-hyperspace lanes and had nearly perfected the tactical microjump which they utilized to great effectiveness early in the new Confederation's career to stop Imperial defectors and petty pirates from assailing precious cargo needed to reestablish Corellia as a power in the Core Worlds. Despite being largely a naval police force, the SID did have many ground agents who often worked closely with CorSec Intelligence and CDF Intelligence. These ground agents usually worked as double agents, security at space ports and space stations, in immigration, or as flight control with a dozen different jobs in between.
- Headquarters: Corellia - One CorSec Plaza
- Ports of Call:
- Goals: To catch those sneaky smugglers
- Reputation: Like CorSec the SID has mixed feelings when it came to public appeal. Nobody likes cops, and people like snitches even less, but the SID were the ones who caught the smugglers and crime bosses who were jacking up prices of supplies during the early days. They kept grave robbers from stealing out of Socorro's Belt and they even held the occasional flight show over Coronet. That being said, with Corellia doubling down on smuggling and other criminal activities, they also made the lives of frequent travelers difficult, or at least that was the perception as regulations began to change on how much of certain items could be transported to and from Corellia as they shifted from member world to confederation capitol. Over all they were romanticized however and considered to be some of the best pilots Corellia had to offer despite CDF propaganda attempting to say otherwise.
- Fleet Size: Small
- Lead Ship: SID Endeavor
- Capital Ships
- Small Craft
- Light Freighters
A long standing division of CorSec, the Smuggling and Interdiction Division was the main space faring branch of CorSec and its paramilitary operations in the system. During the war with the Imperial Bloc [Sith Empire, First Order] SID was instrumental in repelling and thwarting various attempts to infiltrate the system. However, their meager fleet would ultimately fall to the Imperial Bloc once the Galactic Alliance was deposed and removed from power in the area. Under the Imperial Bloc Treaty Corellia was under the control of the Sith Empire and its Task Force Socorro. During that time all forces of the SID were grounded and forced to work beat cop duty under the oppressive rule of the Sith Empire.
After the New Republic aided in the liberation of Corellia, SID retook its rightful place among the stars, though with much fewer ships. In the initial bout of rebellion many of the vessels were lost to conflicts and skirmishes and after Corellia began its radical shift towards independence the SID fell to the wayside as the Corellian Defense Force was slowly put in place as the premier naval force of the Corellia Sector. With its need to patrol the entire sector drastically reduced to fewer and fewer systems and the diversion of funds towards the official military, the SID was left with little in the way of man power or ships. Reduced to a handful of corvettes, light cruisers, fighters, and light freighters of all things, they were gifted a single large vessel to act as a sort of mobile headquarters. The SID Endeavor was meant to reduce the ire and rivalry between the SID and the CDF Navy, but it only served to fan the flames.
Stuck with fewer ships, fewer patrols, and less responsibility the SID attempted to find itself in its new line of work. Its name truly dictated all of its responsibilities now, though the pilots and ship captains of the SID proudly served alongside their CorSec brethren as the mainstay police force of the sector.
Edited by Lisza Starseeker, 29 June 2019 - 12:29 PM.