OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To codify the Traditions of the ORC in Greater Detail
- Image Credit: Made by me, using stock PNG Images Triangle; Jedi Logo
- Canon: N/A
- Media Name: Fringe Force Traditions of the Outer Rim Coalition; A Treatise. (1st Edition)
- Format: Book
- Distribution: Scattered
- Length: Medium
- ~~50,000 Word Count (Approx.)
- Description: To give a greater detailed understanding of these Fringe Force Traditions (Chaos Cannon)
- Author: Kylie Talor, A dedicated Team of Jedi Scribes; Dax Fyre
- Publisher: Bardic Jedi Publishing Foundation
- Reception: Received fairly well by Historians and Enthusiasts; Others find it a semi-dry read.
- CHAPTER 1: RISE OF FRINGE TRADITIONS
- CHAPTER 2: AN OVERVIEW OF THE KATHOL OUTBACK
- CHAPTER 3: JUDGES
- CHAPTER 4: CHILDREN OF THE WAY
- CHAPTER 5: CIRCLE OF THE LIGHT HAND
- CHAPTER 6: COVEN OF EQUILIBRIA
- CHAPTER 7: SUMMARY
EVENTS; NOT RECORDED IN THIS PUBLICATION
"The unique nature of the Outer Rim Coalition over the years has brought light, solace and freedom to many folk. An oddity to arise from these themes are sanctified force schools that exist no where else in the 'Verse. Where once Jedi and Sith reigned supreme in their spiritual and physical quests for dominatrices in the Galaxy, the ORC force schools hold a different kind of appeal and different type of Force User in their grasp."
- RISE OF FRINGE TRADITIONS:
"The rise of the fringe traditions in the Galaxy started somewhere just post Gulag era, when Jedi and Sith were prevalent, but others were branching out, learning new ways to adapt the force to their needs. The Galaxy has seen a strong resurgence of very ancient orders such as the Je'daii, Wardens of the Sky, Baran Do, Aiing-Tii, Grey Wardens and a whole host of others. We can deduce that these traditions all fulfill a need either spiritually, morally or physically that a Jedi or Sith philosophy simply could not."
"Fringe traditions typically have their own aims and end goals. The struggle between light and dark is not the paramount motivating factor here. A dedicated set of self made principles governs a dedicated set of self made folks."
"A typical Judge values freedom and fairness above all else. They will carry a Pistol of their choosing; a sort of badge of office, as well as a lightsaber or other melee weapon. Armor is usually of a scattered variety, though they all love their long brow coats and round hats."
"Where as the typical Jedi roots out evil, the Judge focuses more keenly on protecting the hyperlanes and worlds around the outback. Similar to the wardens, though with small arms mastery these self made lawmen and women root out and strike down Piracy and enemy forces attempts to infiltrate and sow dissent. Considered the primary law bringers of the area, they still hold a loose moral code."
"Every Judge has a ship. Rest assured they love it, cherish it and mod it."
"Like the Wardens of the Sky, the Judges roam the space lanes and keep a low profile, guarding the frontier against raiders and tyrants. The Judges carry legendary guns alongside their light sabres, and pilot tramp freighters instead of sleek fighters. You’re more likely to see a Judge in a dusty coat than anything like Jedi robes." ~SRC
The Foundation "Judges"
"For what is life without the Law to guide us"
-=Hall of service=-
"Those who hear the law"
Honored apprentice rank, to be deputized as a judge is to pledge a life of service to the innocent
"Those who know the law"
Glorified knights rank, to be recognized as a sheriff is to be know as one who protects freedom
"Those who embody the law"
Revered Masters rank, to hold the title of marshal is to have become the hand of justice
SOURCED FROM THE HALL OFSERVICE, ORC.
- CHILDREN OF THE WAY ~ CIRCLE OF THE LIGHTHAND
"A secular Monastic Order, the Children of the way are believed to be descended from the Guardians of the Whills. These force practitioners focused more acutely on honing their bodies, minds and martial weapons as a single unit. They liked tea, and they liked to meditate deep in the force. The typical practitioner wielded a quarter staff, wore robes and contemplated the deeper mysteries of the force."
"Children of the Way gave rise to the Circle of the Lighthand, whom focused even more practically on Hand to Hand form such as Mastery of Teras Kasi. It is rumored not only and they charm you with a soft glance, they can break with your spine with a swift chop. Considered highly adaptable."
"They had quite a disdain for taking life, and sought to aid those of a lower means than themselves. Oppression and the taking of life were the two main enemies of the Order. They believed that all life was precious, irregardless of the alignment in the force or the verse they chose. A truly humble and helpful Order."
Excerpts pulled from the ORC Library.
Moving Meditation & Alchakas
Art of Movement
1. All living beings are the Force, embodied. Respect them, for we are all the same.
2. To slay another causes disharmony in the Force and it is harmony within the Force that is the ultimate purpose in life.
3. Only the Force can be relied upon and we must be prepared to act with nothing but the Force and our selves.
4. The hand is the way that the Force allows us to aid others, so it must be held lightly, ready to either aid another, or defend others against oppression, and to return to being the aiding hand as soon as the threat lifts.
5. We can neither change nor control anything but ourselves and even this itself is a life-long process, but it must be striven for regardless.
6. Mastery over the self is the first step in the process of achieving harmony with the Force
- COVEN OF EQUILIBRIA
"A Very secular tradition the Coven of Equilibria are a light/dark mix, with Witchcraft thrown in. Sequestered on Binaros they practice primarily in a tribal setting. There is not much known about their philosophies or practices."
"Controllers of a more raw and potent side of the force, these folks valued the ability to balance Jedi, Witch and Sith attributes in a perfect mix. They believed one stray off the path could be devastationg. Initially a trio of the above, but expanded upon. Use a physical manifestation of the force that appears as an orange raw energy glow."
"Force weapon would be a popular power among them."
EXCERPTS FROM A COVEN MEMBER
These were the Only hard and Fast rules we could Find ~ Kylie Talor
- Respect of your Elders is expected. This does not mean do not disagree with them—it simply means be respectful when you do.
- Only kill when you must. It does not have to be self-defense. Executing a dangerous criminal is perfectly acceptable to the Coven of Equilibria—after all, eye for an eye is the essence of balance.
Created by Kylie Talor and a dedicated team of Jedi Scribes. Much research was conducted and the final result was captured in a brown leather bound book, with a plasteel spine. The book was then disseminated to all Jedi Archives and Libraries. Anyone that can access said locations, would have access to the book in question.
Kylie retains the original
Edited by Kylie Talor, 16 July 2019 - 09:57 AM.