NPC Combat Unit Template 3.0
This template should be used to construct combat units and is ideal for mercenary groups, military combat groups, private sector forces, royal protection details, and other combat units with specific tasks/missions/designations that make up a larger cohesive army for factions. This template is NOT for entire armies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To give usable attributes to a Canon organization's lowest rank individuals so that it may be used in Invasions.
- Image Credit: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) "The Mandalore Plot" "Voyage of Temptation" "Duchess of Mandalore" "Corruption" "The Academy" "Senate Murders" "A Friend in Need" "Shades of Reason"
- Role: Law Enforcement Officers for Mandalorian civilian areas and some military installations.
- Links: https://starwars.fan...ndalorian_Guard https://starwars.fan..._blaster_pistol
- Unit Name: Mandalorian Guard Officers
- Affiliation: Clans of Mandalore, Ruus
- Classification: Law Enforcement (Police)
- Equipment: Side-handled Stunbaton ,Blaster Resistant Shield, Mandalorian Guard Armor (and variants), WESTAR-35 Blaster Pistol
- Description: The Mandalorian Guard Officers wear grey uniforms with visors reminiscent of medieval European armor styles. They carry a large blaster resistant shield on their left arms and a commonly have a WESTAR-35 Blaster Pistol on their belts alongside a Stunbaton with a side-handle grip. Mandalorian Guard Officers are largely Human in appearance and light of skin.
COMBAT INFORMATION: The combination of Unit Size and Availability below is the indicator of how numerous your unit is. Stormtroopers for instance would be considered Large/Common, while Rogue Squadron would be a Small/Unique unit. Majority Force User Units are prohibited from being Common or Large. The stronger and more specialized your unit is (FU or NFU), the smaller and less common it should be.
- Unit Size: Small
- Unit Availability: Common
- Unit Experience: Trained
- Combat Function: Protection of Civilians, Asset Security, Patrols, Capture
- Law Enforcement Training: Trained to enforce the law of the land the Mandalorian Guard Officers are stalwart in their belief of justice and exert a presence of authority. They are adept at defusing civil confrontations. In times of need Officers use this presence to organize civilian evacuations or in responding to riotous actions. Additionally they have been trained in the use of shields, batons, blaster pistols, and hand-to-hand combat.
- Morale: While not a dedicated warfare unit the Officers will not be easily routed. The individual beliefs of the Officers aside they all share a common interest in the virtues of Loyalty and Courage.
- Lightly Armed & Armored: While not poorly equipped the Mandalorian Guard Officer is primarily geared towards law enforcement and protection people or assets from criminals. They lack explosives or blaster weaponry outside of the pistol category. Their armor while durable and enough to prevent instant death from a point black blaster bolt, it was not designed to see consistent trauma.
- Dispatch: Mandalorian Guard Officers call into a central dispatch office for communication and orders when not being directly lead by a Sergeant or Captain. Those within the dispatch answer to those who are not particularly adept at military strategy. If the dispatch office is compromise or left to their own devices the Mandalorian Guard Officers may suffer increasing strategic losses and be susceptible to an opponent with more experienced tacticians.
Formed at least by the time of the pacifist New Mandalorian at the time of the Clone Wars the Mandalorian Guard Officer is the lowest rank of the Mandalorian Guard organization. Ranks from Guard, Sergeant, and Captain have been recorded in use among the Guard and the more elite Secret Service. They are extremely standardized with equipment and have the training to fly Airspeeders and Shuttles although they are not accustomed to fighting against vehicles.
Edited by Ruus, 02 July 2019 - 07:31 PM.