OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To put a lightsaber on a selfie-stick
- Image Source: N/A
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Clanker
- Affiliation: Clanker
- Model: Spear
- Modularity: No.
- Material: Cortosis-Weave
- Classification: Spear
- Size: Average (1.8 Meters)
- Weight: Average
- Lightsaber Holster: With mechanized hydraulic ring-type clamps, this 'spear' is capable of holstering a lightsaber with a straight hilt and activating it. This holster is connected to the shaft by a reinforced hinge joint, allowing the holster to adjust the angle of the lightsaber to the shaft, that itself is then connected to a pivot joint, which will allow the holster to spin.
- Shaft Joint: Much like the holster, the top third of the shaft is attached to an identical hinge-pivot combination joint, allowing for even further manipulation of the spear's shape, largely without compromising the integrity of its structure.
- Machine Link: Due to the origins of this weapon's joints, it is designed mainly for droid use and therefore lacks any mechanical controls, such as switches or joysticks, instead being designed to link to its wielder's motor-control network via contact for intuitive usage. Nerve-enhancing cybernetics or mechanical prosthetics are sufficient to allow use by organics, however.
- Cortosis Weave: Created from the
stolenborrowed arm of a C-B3 Battle Droid, the Cortosis Weave of this spear makes it highly resistant to blaster fire, lightsaber strikes, and other such energy-based damage.
- Ion/EMP Vulnerable: Do to its droid origins, this spear will temperarily lose control of its mechanical joints when hit by Ion-Damage such as through Ion Blasters or EMP's. When this happens, the joints will lock in place.
Clanker designed this extension device to allow him to "properly" wield a lightsaber using his know-how with spears, learned from the Ewoks of Endor. As a B1 droid, he does not have the level of strength or speed or technical finesse required to wield such a weapon in a traditional sense against trained foes, so he added his own twist to allow him to at least fight unpredictably should the occasion arise. This weapon, on the opposite side of its holster, has a very short blade, allowing the weapon to function well-enough as a normal spear should it be lacking a lightsaber to hold. On an unrelated note, the CIS has currently sent out a notice that one of their Cortosis Battle Droids has been found missing an arm.
Edited by Dondagora, 03 July 2019 - 12:02 PM.