6 replies to this topic

Ura Iolar

Ura Iolar

Jedi of Sand

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 77 posts

Kashyyyk: Jedi Temple: Hanger

Gah! Why? Why did it have to be this bad? Low right wing gone. Gyro ring smashed, left hand laser cannons broken to pieces. Cockpit not even able to be refitted to the ring. Flextube and arc caster crushed. Reactors and shields damaged. Engine two decimated. Engine one damaged. It was all damaged. Her fighter, the Razor-Tail, was all but junk now, finally living up to her Ugly moniker. Ura had been trying for hours to fix any of this mess, but her emotions had finally riled their way to the surface, and she just punched the disconnected wing. She just sat down, face in her hands as Ger'Off, her waterdog, whined and licked her. 

"What am I gonna do boy. She's just.... I don't think I can fix this."

Edited by Ura Iolar, 08 July 2019 - 06:24 PM.

f2i23tY.pngtry-1-gif.gif

Kat Decoria

Kat Decoria

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 350 posts

It was rumoured that a pilot trashed their ship in the docks. Kat was miffed, to ruin ships was massive no-no in her mind. She knew it can't be helped at times with war and battles meaning that pilots can't always avoid getting hit and taking big damage. But to total it in the way of being beyond repair, that was either a reckless pilot or one that wasn't as skilled as they should have been. Walking to the docks, Kat was interested to see if there was anything that could be done to fix the ship or if it was as totalled as she had heard it would be. Entering the dock, looking over Kat spotted the ruined ship and tutted. It was clearly beyond repaired, too much had been damaged and broken, looking near the ship she spotted the pilot. Ura, a familiar face from lessons and training.

Walking over, she spotted that Ura whom did seem upset with ruined ship, Kat felt a little bad for Ura. She shouldn't be so criticising Ura so much for the damage. She just loved the art of constructing ships, the mastery behind it all. Kat patted Ura's shoulders in condolences. Looking over the ship, "Sadly, I don't think that ship will be flying any more. Might be time that you need to find a new ship to fly. What happened to it?" Kat asked Ura.

Ura Iolar

7i5jqa0.png

gSj8BEr.png

Ura Iolar

Ura Iolar

Jedi of Sand

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 77 posts

Ura was just annoyed. She should've been able to face that Heavy TIE. She had speed and agility on her side. The keys to a dogfight! How.... How could that heavy fighter have out maneuvered her. That thinks cannon.... It still.... Ack! She jumped a little bit at the hand on her shoulder as Ger'Off growled a bit. Then he noticed it was Kat and proceeded to lick her like crazy. Ura quickly calmed her pet down before looking at Kat with a sigh (Something she clearly picked up from others). The Echani padawan explained that the fighter appeared to be beyond repair, which led to Ura's eyes and Force signature showing her sadness.

"Tell me something I don't know.... Sorry. That was... inconsiderate." Ura then pulled over the fighters black box, tapping some buttons. "I pulled up on some form of TIE Heavy. Used a half-loop to get behind it, then it fired at me. Had to break, keep attampting to get a good bead on it, but... nothing. I couldn't catch that thing. It's gun... it rotated. I could attack on a straight line. I tried everything. Then it got my tail. I tried to climb, I tried to dive. Got the wing hit with one shot. Then in the last high-g dive... three shots into the right s-foil hinge. Lower wing sheered off, engines were dying..., and I had to eject."

Kat Decoria

f2i23tY.pngtry-1-gif.gif

Kat Decoria

Kat Decoria

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 350 posts

Listening, Kat nodded her head, sounded like Ura had been outclassed by the other pilot. Perhaps it was also a more about the equipment of the other ship, it was difficult to say without inspecting both ships. Looking at Ura, Kat shrugged, "no worries, I have shouted and told off pilots for doing a lot less to a ship. So I know what's its like to be hotheaded or stand offish." Kat offered a sympathetic smile to the other woman. "From the sound of things, you needed a partner or some upgrades?" Kat suggested with a shrug, unsure how good Ura's ship was at combat to begin with.

"I can offer some recommendations, a few mechanics around here know a thing or two. Perhaps you should come up with a new design. A chance to try something new and different." Kat offered her advice to Ura and tilted her head, "did you want to go for a drink? Staying around here not going to do anything but make things harder." Crossing her arms, she was curious to see if Ura would be interested or could even drink.

Ura Iolar

7i5jqa0.png

gSj8BEr.png

Ura Iolar

Ura Iolar

Jedi of Sand

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 77 posts

The Force around Ura seemed to lighten as Kat said she knew what it was like to be a bit stand offish, and noted that it sounded like she needed a wingman or an upgraded craft. Ura thought back, remembering something. 

"That fighter's cannons did seem to hit the moment they were fired. Almost like... it was a lightspeed weapon." Kat then said that she had some recommendations and knew some mechanics that could help. Even mentioned that the Lervon could come up with a brand new design as well. The fellow Padawan then ask if Ura wanted a drink, noting that staying here wouldn't help. Ura gave Kat a nod, and would follow her.

"While my kind can't really drink, that would be nice. Thank you."

Kat Decoria

f2i23tY.pngtry-1-gif.gif

Kat Decoria

Kat Decoria

Character

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 350 posts

Kat scratched her chin, a lightspeed weapon, that wasn't something she had heard of before. "I haven't heard of technology like that being used, especially on a starfighter." Kat shrugged, perhaps it was something that Kat could look into creating for her ships in the future but she doubted that such weapons were out there. Instead, she nodded her head when Ura mentioned that she couldn't drink but she liked the idea of company. Which was fair enough, there were several races out there that couldn't drink, at least she supposed they couldn't. However, getting to know Ura better might be something interesting.

"So like, you can't get drunk at all? That's really weird, what happens when you try to drink water or something? Doesn't your body just absorb it?" Kat asked, genuinely curious about Ura and her people, she was someone that Kat had never seen another like before. Hands in her pockets, Kat walked with Ura to the local Wookiee tavern. There would be some good drinks and food to have.

Ura Iolar

7i5jqa0.png

gSj8BEr.png

Ura Iolar

Ura Iolar

Jedi of Sand

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 77 posts

"I hadn't either," Ura said as she gave one more thought on the weapon. She then began to follow Kat, clearly cheering up a bit at having someone to talk to. As they walked to the wookie tavern, the fellow padawan asked what happened when Lervon tried to drink. Ura chuckled a bit at her ideas, a happy energy coming off of her but her voice, as usual, being monotone. 

"Basically yes. Since Lervon are incapable of actually drinking liquid, our bodies, like beach sand, absorb some of the liquid. Or crystal mass, however, can't absorb the liquid." Ura then chuckled a little bit, moving quite fluidly as she spoke. "So no fun getting drunk for us." It was nice to just talk to someone for a change. Not in a classroom or training field, but just talking to someone to talk o them. To learn about them. She was pretty curious about the others there, but she often found it difficult to approach them. Just nerves she guessed. Being the only one of her kind around.

Kat Decoria

f2i23tY.pngtry-1-gif.gif