• Create Account
Photo

Regards to Codex species

Best Answer Neri Rashal, 12 July 2019 - 05:46 AM

If it's your species, you can post here to have it returned to pre-codex and update it however you like (it must conform to current codex rules/utilize the current template/include a summary of changes if this is done). Alternatively you can resubmit completely, whichever you prefer.

If it's not your species, you cannot, but you could as suggested make a sub-species of someone else's species. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Coffeeccubus

Coffeeccubus

Worldbuilder

• Writers
  • 387 posts

Is there, by any chance, a way to request to re-open or redo a species that a person already previously submitted as long as there is no one playing as them or something? Because there is one that I really want to re-do, and it has been bothering me for sometime.

Please note, this is a OOC and Hub account. I post ALL of my OOC things here. I will soon enough put a small thing to help keep track of who I play as, and their status.

THIS IS NOT A CHARACTER ACCOUNT!

My discord is Coffeccubus#8008. I am very active on there. I prefer that to be contacted, as I usually ignore PMs, because I am usually on a character account.

Darth Athora

Darth Athora

Athora

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,127 posts

Coffeeccubus

I'd just make a new species like it but with your redos. Maybe as a race of the species or a whole different species altogether. Don't wanna go touching other peoples things and have them REE-ing at you later.

lxMkKLY.png
rzPvjWG.gifm0c8RHJ.pngB3VMgGH.gif

Kor Vexen

Kor Vexen

Lord of Assimilation

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 449 posts

I'm fairly sure you can request it be removed from Approved and make some changes to it in the Pre-Codex before resubmitting it to the Codex. Just as long as you have consent from the original poster that you can modify their submission. I'm sure a Codex Judge can give a more firm answer.

iF9tjNq.jpg

tsegeneralbar01_by_ebilmushroom-dbwvm3d.

Yuroic Xeraic

Yuroic Xeraic
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,680 posts

So, I'm not hundred percent certain on this. But from my viewpoint, you wouldn't be allowed to edit another person's submission, you could create a subspecies of that race that you wanted or create a new species that is similar but also has a fair amount of differences. It can be that they look similar but everything else is different. 

Just my standpoint on the matter, hope it helps.

Seth Brackson

Seth Brackson

The Keeper

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 198 posts
I am in agreement with Yuroic.

So, I'm not hundred percent certain on this. But from my viewpoint, you wouldn't be allowed to edit another person's submission, you could create a subspecies of that race that you wanted or create a new species that is similar but also has a fair amount of differences. It can be that they look similar but everything else is different.

Just my standpoint on the matter, hope it helps.

Even if the original writer is inactive, and has been void of activity seemingly forever. There is always the one chance that they return, and if they look up their old entry and discovered changes had been made without their consent. It can cause an awful mess of problems. Which could have been avoided simply by doing a subspecies to build upon the already established lore. Otherwise, if you feel the changes are drastic enough to just create your own species, with minor similarities.

Edited by Seth Brackson, 12 July 2019 - 05:32 AM.

Neri Rashal

Neri Rashal

6CO2+6H2O->C6H12O6+6O2

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 4,882 posts
✓  Best Answer

If it's your species, you can post here to have it returned to pre-codex and update it however you like (it must conform to current codex rules/utilize the current template/include a summary of changes if this is done). Alternatively you can resubmit completely, whichever you prefer.

If it's not your species, you cannot, but you could as suggested make a sub-species of someone else's species. 

t0nmO2f.gif

Tathra Khaeus

Tathra Khaeus

π•Žπ”Έβ„'π•Š β„‚π•Œπ•Šπ•‹π•†π”»π•€π”Έβ„•

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 6,336 posts

Coffeeccubus

You can't edit something belonging to someone else. I'm sure if that was the case, myself or Darth Carnifex would've went around declaring all furry and catgirls as extinct species that blew themselves up.

Untitled-1.gif