OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a massive war droid for Yurb
- Image Source: https://zelda.fandom...iki/Vah_Rudania
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: https://zelda.fandom...iki/Vah_Rudania
- Manufacturer: Yurb Repair Yard
- Affiliation: Yurbian Republic
- Model: Unique
- Material: Durasteel, Phrik
- Classification: Fourth Degree
- Weight: Um.... Uh....
- Height: 30 m
- Length: 150 m
- Movement: Quadrupedal legs
- Armaments: Heavy turbolaser/arc caster cannon within head, limited internal defenses.
- Misc. Equipment: Layered shields, Phrik armor, Spiked sail back and tail tip.
- Heavy turbolaser/arc caster cannon.
- High powered droid brain.
- Internal carrying capability.
- Heavy armament.
- Heavy defenses.
- Close range combat.
- Easy to hit target.
- Difficult to transport.
The Lergara is a powerful war droid created by the Yurbian Republic just after the defeat of the Empire. The giant droid was a prototype that was never taken into full production. After the project was shut down, the droid wasn't deactivated, and instead has been used as part of the planets defenses. Over the years, the droid has been shown to be highly intelligent, and has actually been shown to be smarter than many sentients. Over the centuries, the droid has willingly continued to defend the world of Yurb.
When designed, the Lergara was fitted with a unique hybrid heavy turbolaser/arc caster weapon that allows it to fire both kinds of weapons from a single barrel. The weapon is hidden behind the head panels, which must open i order to fire. This is the only weapon other than size that this massive droid possesses, but it does serve as a powerful armament that can take on almost anything on the ground, with the heavy turbolaser being used as a breaker weapon, and the heavy arc caster being used to attack smaller targets and groups. The Lergara's defenses are also powerful. Its hull is made of Phrik, and the shields are a layer system. Even with its power, the massive droid has plenty of disadvantages.
As with any massive machine, the Lergara struggles at close range, and serves as an easy target. It is also so known to be fairly easy to infiltrate thanks to having few internal weapons systems. This wasn't the main reason the project was cancels centuries ago. The extremely large droid is difficult to transport, thanks to its corvette-like scale. This difficulty ended the project, but not before Lergara was built. After sinking so many resources into the project, the one completed droid was left activated as part of the Yurbian defense force.
Edited by Argos Xalen, 20 July 2019 - 09:41 PM.