OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a secret enclave for Jedi to use as a safe house and training location.
- Image Credit: Image from this site.
- Canon: Based on the Eclipse Jedi location from Legends.
- Links: n/a
- Base Name: The Eclipse Enclave
- Classification: Outpost
- Location: Eclipse asteroid belt
- Affiliation: Jedi of the Jedi Academy Network/Jedi Alliance
- Population: Moderate
- Demographics: The demographics of the outpost is always in flux given that it serves as a way station and specialized training facility. However, the outpost is manned entirely by Jedi and Jedidroids so as to keep the location secret to all but the Jedi. This outpost could only handle a moderate population and would not be able to serve as a main base of operations given its diminished size.
- Accessibility: Access to the facility is restricted to Jedi and it's location and existence is kept secret. Eclipse as a planet is not often visited, but should it be, it would be very, very difficult to find the base hidden within the asteroid field surrounding the planet. The base is in the most dangerous section of the belt which is very difficult to navigate without instructions from the base itself. The exact location of this base is restricted to those of Jedi Knight or higher, though padawans can be brought there by their masters. There are also security measures in place to try and maintain the secrecy of the location (e.g., no non-Jedi personnel, encrypted communications bounced off multiple relays to scramble where they are coming from, and so forth).
- Description: From the outside the base looks like nothing more than a large asteroid. As one gets closer to the asteroid, you will begin to see a few signs of life there, such as towers and landing pads, though the main structure is located within a depression in the asteroid making it hard to spot until you are right on top of it. The outside is designed to look like a research outpost, in the off chance that anyone unauthorized were to get to that point.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Hangar entrance: located on the underside of the asteroid is the entrance to the hangar. Gravity fields help hide it behind smaller asteroids, but these are moved aside when ships transmit the proper codes on arrival. This is designed to fit Jedi Fighters, with the largest vehicles able to be docked within the hangars being the Jocasta-Class Light Corvette. Vessels larger than this would need to land their vessels on asteroids near by and commute over via shuttle. There are also landing platforms near the main facility on the surface of the asteroid. These are used for non-Jedi vessels and in the event of any unexpected visitors.
Outpost Interior Halls: The halls on the inside of the facility are also designed to look like the typical halls of an asteroid based research facility. This is deliberately done to ensure that should the exterior of the facility be seen or non-Jedi require temporary shelter within the facility, they would be greeted with a typical appearance. Only when entrance to the secured lower levels is granted does the outpost appear like a typical Jedi structure.
Jedi Enclave Interior: Once you progress from the Outpost interior deeper beneath the surface of the asteroid, you come to the Jedi Enclave. Here it is unmistakably Jedi. There are communal rooms with multiple beds for Jedi Padawan to share when at the Enclave as well as individual rooms for Knights and Masters.
Jedi Training Room: Within the Jedi Enclave there is a large training room capable of having multiple Jedi train at the same time. Only one room was deemed necessary, as the number of Jedi on the Enclave at any given time is not high enough to warrant further training facilities.
Conference Rooms: There are also conference rooms within the Enclave that would allow for high ranking Jedi to hold meetings. The could even house a formal or informal Jedi Council should the necessity arise for them to meet in secret.
Archives Access: There is a scaled down Jedi Archives present at the Enclave that allows for Jedi to access many of the needed resources - though it is certainly not as robust as those at the Jedi Temples.
- Ion cannons x 4: These 4 large Ion cannons are stationed around the base to allow for defense from aerial assault. Their housing is built directly into the rock face, allowing them to blend somewhat seamlessly with the surround environment.
- Jedi Fighter squadrons x 2: While the number of Jedi present is always in flux, there is typically enough at the Enclave to scramble two Jedi fighter squadrons in the event of danger. The Enclave itself is typically used to train Jedi Fighter Pilots given the hazards of the surrounding asteroid belt making an ideal obstacle course.
- Asteroid field: The asteroid field itself provides natural protection from many attacks, as the field is large and dense making it difficult for enemy ships to navigate into a position capable of striking the facility.
- Jedi: The Enclave itself is entirely manned by Jedi. Even the outer facility that is designed to look like a research facility houses Jedi Researchers exploring various aspects of the force. Given the high number of Jedi concentrated in a single location, it makes the interior defenses very high.
- Jedi Training & Security Droids: These droids, recently commissioned to aid in the security and training at the various Jedi Temples, are present on the station to provide training as well as defense.
With the Jedi of the various Orders united under the banner of the Jedi Academy Network/Jedi Alliance, it was deemed important to establish locations that could serve as safe-havens for Jedi of all factions. To this end, Kian Karr requested resources to construct a secret enclave to provide protection and a resting place for Jedi on missions. Located within the Galactic Core, it was a good way-point for many regions of space. Additionally, given its location within an asteroid belt, it was deemed a valuable resource for specialized Jedi training (such as piloting and combat in low gravity).
This base's existence is known only to the Jedi, even the governments who fund them are unaware of its existence. Money was obtained from each of the Jedi Orders allowing for the dollar amounts provided from each order to be small enough to fall under the radar of politicians. As the facility is manned by Jedi and droids, there is no non-Jedi personnel to be concerned about. Supplies for the base are supplied by the handful of Jedi who constantly cycle in and out of the base to ensure its smooth operation.
The exterior of the base appears to be a research facility, on the off chance that people wander into the asteroid belt to investigate. If you were to enter the base, that impression would be maintained by the entire first level of the base, as it is full of labs and quarters for scientists and researchers (who are present in the form of Jedi researchers). The Verpine Jedi Researcher Pra'ct was placed in charge of the base by Jedi Master Karr who had long worked with the talented scientist.
Once you progress below the first level of the base and into the underground structure of the facility, you discover that it is in fact a Jedi Enclave. Here the facility halls open up into large ornate structures meant to provide a similar feel to a Jedi Temple. There are rooms, both communal and private, to house Jedi on their travels or for those seeking refuge and rest. There are meditative locations throughout and training facilities to provide the Jedi with everything they would need to recuperate from time in the field.
However, given its location, the facility is not only a way-point for weary Jedi, but also a hub of intelligence gathering and specialize training. While not a Jedi Shadow enclave, the illusive group makes use of the base often, using it as a launching point for mission within the core with The Sha Koon often making stops there to provide supplies as well. Additionally, Jedi Pilots enjoy using the facility to train, as the asteroid belt provides an excellent obstacle course and its location is good for low-gravity training.
Edited by Gnost Karr, 30 August 2019 - 07:39 AM.