OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Create a new interceptor for TSE to replace the old one
- Image Source: Click - Wookieepedia
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Sith-Imperial Corps of Engineers
- Affiliation: The Sith Empire
- Model: Tuk'ata-class Sith-Imperial Interceptor
- Production: Minor
- Classification: Scout / Interceptor
- Length: 4.8m
- Width: 6.5m
- Height: 3.2m
- Armament: Average
-  Laser Cannons (Fire-Linked, Stutter-Fire Capable)
-  Concussion Missile Launchers (Fixed Forward)
- Defenses: Low
- Armour and Hull Plating
- Deflector Shields (Overlaid Ray and Particle Screens)
- EWAR, Electronic Countermeasures, Chaff and, Flare Launchers
- Emergency Thrusters (Chemical Propellent)
- Squadron Count: Moderate
- 16 Fighters per Squadron
- Maneuverability Rating: High
- Speed Rating: Moderate
- Hyperdrive Class: N/A
- Standard Sensor and Targeting Systems
- Standard Navigation and Avionics Systems
- Standard Communications Suite (Encrypted with Planetary Military Keys)
- Standard Atmospheric Seals and Perfunctory Oxygen Scrubbers (Life Support Capable Flight Suit Required)
- Standard Subspace and HoloNet Transceiver(s)
- Standard Inertial Compensators
- Standard VTOL Repulsorlift Antigravity System
- Standard Homing Beacon (Encrypted with Planetary Military Keys)
- Standard Interceptor: The Tuk'ata-class possesses adequate armaments and low defenses, but it enhances the standard fighter design with enhanced speed and maneuverability. This allows the interceptor to weave in and out of tight situations, outpacing most standard starfighters to initiate rapid flanking maneuvers.
- No Hyperdrive: Like the other Sith-Imperial fighter designs, the Tuk'ata-class lacks a hyperdrive and must be launched from a carrier warship or support ship.
Following the creation and popularity of the Dominance-class Sith-Imperial Strike Fighter, many more updated designs of traditional Sith starfighters went into production. The Empire's best and brightest began to work to phase out every Santhe-inspired design from the military, ultimately replacing every starfighter with ships that hearkened back to the Empire's ancient past.
The first of these starfighters was the Tuk'ata-class Sith-Imperial Interceptor, a lightning-fast starship whose design was taken straight from the Dominance's chassis. The elongated wings were shorn down, the weaponry, armor, and shielding scaled back while the sublight engines were overhauled and overclocked to perform at a higher grade of efficiency.
This, in turn, made the Tuk'ata class the perfect rapid assault scout interceptor capable of weaving in and out of battle, dodging slower ships and supplementing the larger Sith-Imperial starfighters and gunships.
Like the Dominance, the Tuk'ata's S-Foils could be adjusted for both flight, combat, and compact storage.
Edited by Darth Carnifex, 13 August 2019 - 02:21 PM.