OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: An advanced personal weapon for elite troops
- Image Source: Link, Link
- Canon Link: Sonic Disruptor
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: MandalArms
- Affiliation: Clan Australis, MandalArms, Closed-Market
- Model: PDS-1
- Modularity: No
- Production: Limited
- Material: Leather, Dallorian Alloy, Agrinium, Circuitry
- Classification: Sonic Disruptor
- Size: Average
- Weight: Average
- Ammunition Type: Power Cell
- Ammunition Capacity: 5
- Reload Speed: Very Slow
- Effective Range: Personal
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: Low
- Voice-activated sonic disruptor weapon
- Integrated power cell
- Capable of horrific damage within a limited area of effect
- Requires power, can be disabled by EMP
- Must be worn across the mouth and tuned to the user before firing
- Must be removed and dismantled in order to replace power cell
- Limited number of shots
- Limited range of damage
Nagai have long had a history of utilizing sonic weaponry, and the exiles on Eriu were no exception. The desert dwelling peoples of the East in particular made effective use of sonic weapons in dealing with some of the more dangerous local fauna, as well as in various local conflicts.
With the coming of the Mandalorians to the Eriu system, Nagai expertise was married to Mandalorian technology, producing a range of high-powered local designs.
Built tough with local leather, Dallorian Alloy for heat shielding, and Agrinium shielding the power cell, the vocal disruptor is one such deadly weapon. Based on a local sonic blaster, the power is ramped up by an order of magnitude, transforming the user's own voice into a powerful energy blast.
The blast itself is immensely powerful at short range, utilizing harmonics to literally shake matter apart, disrupting energy fields, armour and flesh alike.
Such horrific effects would be illegal in most civilized systems, but to the Nagai, and their new Mandalorian friends, that is the mark of a useful weapon.