477 replies to this topic

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,352 posts

Jamie Pyne

I'd like to request a second chance for the War Fort please.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Mishka Larraq

Mishka Larraq

Farmer's Daughter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 267 posts

Jamie Pyne

I'd like to second chance this sub and get a different judge. I have nothing against the current judge, he just seems to be on a bit of a LOA in terms of reviewing Factory submissions and I'd like to keep things moving.

K3Dpw4M.jpguoHzdOb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

tumblr_nmbyjfNhGu1s5wiico1_500.gif

OmHHYn5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fF2lWxwQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,197 posts

Anari Mero | Fiolette Yvarro | Klesta - Approved.

Jamie Pyne I'd like to please request a second chance for the MandalArms Shig drone.

I'm going to need justification and reasoning behind this request.

Mishka Larraq - Approved

Kuat Drive Yards - Moved.

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,352 posts

Jamie Pyne No worries. My justification in asking for a second chance for the Shig Drone is that the sub was pulled due to a report of abuse, I don't feel the way it was used (Six ships firing approximately 200 missiles is hardly an abuse of limited) was abuse, and I am happy to work to make it more acceptable. There were several people in the RP where it was used, one of whom was a factory judge, who had no issue with the sub or the way it was used.

Edited by Kaine Australis, 03 June 2018 - 08:24 PM.

8GgZsVc.gifAKMqA8R.gif128RWQJ.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill.'

KaineSig.gif

Nadir

Nadir

Death from Below

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 128 posts

Jamie Pyne

I would like to Second Chance this submission.

First of all, the RPJ ascribed capabilities to the weapon that were neither implied nor directly stated to be in its purview.

Secondly, the quotes from the description are clearly taken out of context, and the context is tongue-in-cheek. I apologize if attempts at humor muddied the true capabilities of the submission; that was not my intention.

Thirdly, enacting the gravity of a planet on a small surface is not at all "super-weapony" in the SW universe. There are multiple technologies extant in canon that go far beyond that. See X, X, X, X.

This quote specifically might be of interest (from Gravitational Field Disruptor):

Princess Leia Organa used one of these devices to increase Darth Vader's porter's mass to the seventh power

As is clearly evident from the above, the technology for projecting and/or increasing the gravity felt by an object is widespread and easily available. This submission is simply a focused, weaponized application of said technology, adapted for use in space.

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,197 posts

Kaine Australis

I have looked over the submission in question. It contains an IFD to bypass shields, a hyperdrive, therefore can be fired literally from star systems away, has passive stealth, and sensor jamming technology.

I am baffled how this passed to begin with. This approaches superweapon technology.

Due to the fact that this will require such drastic changes to be passed, so much so that it will effectively become a different submission, it will remain denied.

Nadir

I understand the technology and the canon backing behind it. My concern is that, like other canon technologies in the past that have been adapted from ground infantry unit tech to starship tech is that they start to creep up and out of the bounds that the factory is comfortable letting loose out there. This is one of those things where I'm not sure the galaxy is ready for this. The range, destructive force, and precision accuracy of this make it incredibly difficult for any opposing writer to check and balance.

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png

Nadir

Nadir

Death from Below

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 128 posts

Jamie Pyne

Are there any changes that I can make that would render this approvable? (While not completely nuking the concept of the weapon, obviously.)

I.e. reduce the range of the weapon, make it less accurate, etc.

Triam Akovin

Triam Akovin

Treasure Huntress

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,379 posts

Jamie Pyne I would like this submission to be given a second chance based on the grounds that it is a re-purposed piece of canon technology with a canon-based logic behind its abilities and feats, and the judge previously could not be convinced of at least one feat despite supporting evidence.

2z7ppww.jpg

Mishka Larraq

Mishka Larraq

Farmer's Daughter

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 267 posts

Can you unarchive the Bes'manda Swords sub, so it can be reviewed in light of the new/current rules for restricted materials?

Jamie Pyne

K3Dpw4M.jpguoHzdOb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

tumblr_nmbyjfNhGu1s5wiico1_500.gif

OmHHYn5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fF2lWxwQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,197 posts

Nadir

I will move this to the prefactory and discuss with you there.

Triam Akovin

Approved.

Mishka Larraq

Moved.

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png

Arcanus Sunstrider

Arcanus Sunstrider

=] Last of a Dying Breed [=

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 551 posts
Jamie Pyne - I would like to request a Second Chance for my submission, the Defender II - Class Assault Carrier

The submission was outright denied over the use of the word - Any - which had factual and posted evidence to back up the claims and capabilities of a listed advanced system. I would like a second pair of eyes to review this submission, as there is nothing inherently wrong with the ratings or anything else that wasn’t brought up and subsequently edited.

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,197 posts

Arcanus Sunstrider Approved.

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png

Fiolette Yvarro

Fiolette Yvarro

Bigger, Pointer Hat

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 846 posts

Jamie Pyne

Requesting second chance on the Dagger IV. I have complied with the edits of the current judge thus far, however; I would like to have another judge have a look at the ship and judge it base on 5.0 standards. Rather than having my ship be judged based on 2.0 gun count standards. 

Edited by Fiolette Yvarro, 15 July 2018 - 11:49 PM.

Tom Taff

Tom Taff

Moon Speaker

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 456 posts

Jamie Pyne

I would like to second chance the lbg-3. I feel like it isn't a mech, however if needed I can lose whatever is required to make it look less mechy.

Lover_Boy.jpgAdopted.jpgDealer.pngTom1.gif

Commenor.gif

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,197 posts

Fiolette Yvarro - Second Chance approved.

Tom Taff - It's a giant robot with a fully articulating body, a chainsaw, and the ability to equip/un-equip weapons. What about this is not a mech?

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png

Chikako Liona

Chikako Liona

Oh My

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 253 posts

Hello Jamie Pyne I want to request another view of this weapon ultima-pattern-bolt-pistol as it was stated that is too closely resembled the wiki page description, if your opinion holds the same I would then request moving it back to factory sub to allow me to change it more so it does not copy to much.

Edited by Chikako Liona, 02 August 2018 - 04:27 AM.

Sig1.gif

waterfall.gifImperium_of_Tythe.pngZ7ESo3m.pngGifsXRm.png

Tathra Khaeus

Tathra Khaeus

𝔅𝔈ℌ𝔈𝔐𝔒𝔗ℌ

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,832 posts

I'd like to have my Helshard un-archived so I may finish it and have it submitted.

Jamie Pyne

Jamie Pyne

Delicate

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,197 posts

Chikako Liona - This is one of those things that are too closely resembling of the source material to grant a second chance for. I would suggest submitting a new idea without the harsh resemblance to the source.

Tathra Khaeus - Moved

kbuHuaI.png

UJj1T2e.png