517 replies to this topic

Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Heir to Clan Corek

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,234 posts

Gir Quee

May I have this removed from the archives? I wish to work on it again. 

Noah_Sig.gif

OmegaPyre.png

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Noah Corek moved back to technology as requested. In the future, please use this thread to ask to have things unarchived.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Mythos

Mythos

Lord Commander

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,682 posts
I want another chance for this bad boi! http://starwarsrp.ne...he-star-scepter

H0KGCiS.gif
Yjdn3Ns.gif
AX rzPvjWG.gifRUDIS 

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

MandalArms APTS

Dear Factory,

I would please like a chance to remove the offending references to Rakata and history, and fix this sub to an acceptable format. I recognize that including those references made the submission appear to be using banned tech.

• My intent is not to replicate hypergates or rakatan tech, but build a prototype which achieves a lesser result utilizing existing technology. The submission doesnt contain any Rakatan technology, nor was any physically involved in the design process.

• In character, Kaine knew of the existence of teleporters on Belsavis, and knowing it to be possible, put scientists to work on figuring out a way to do it. No study was made of any Rakatan tech.

• The technology submission is not intended for combat, or PvP use, but for story use. It is intended as a one-off special to circumvent the need for shuttle rides.

• As a final, plea, I guess, the ability to Force Teleport is currently available to Force Users, and used consistently in and out of combat. This submission isn't anywhere near as powerful or useful as that Force power.

Auberon Gir Quee

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

rdqOfV0.png8xM9kaxH_o.pngbest-mando.gif

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Kaine Australis, I can see possible ways to make that sub acceptable, but I think that this would require such significant changes that I'm not sure if it will fit with what you're looking to do with it. It would probably have to be shorter ranged, and not really teleportation either.

Depending on what you'd like, I can move it back for edits or we can keep it archived.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

Gir Quee Chuck it back for edits please. Significant changes are fine. We'll see if we can't make this into something resembling acceptable.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Kaine Australis, done.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

Gir Quee John Locke

Requesting a Second Chance for the MBE Stormbringer.

This one's my fault, I linked to the wrong Force Storm.

When Tsils generate a Force Storm, it's the lightning storm sort, not Palpy's OP Dark Empire Wormhole power. The power is not going to have great effects in space itself, but once the Force Storm passes into a ship or station, rain and lightning and such inside the vessel would be rather inconvenient.

S7IVynM.gif

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Kaine Australis, second chance approved.

I'm personally somewhat skeptical about the ability of it to effect the atmospheric within a ship since it's "constrained by the localclimate" according to the link that you posted, but that concept isn't breaking any rules, so knock yourself out.

The topic has been moved back to the tech forum and is now unlocked and ready for editing.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

Gir Quee Laira Darkhold

Requesting a second chance for the MBE Ramship MK II

I'd like to remove the offensive dovin basal and use something more conventional in its place like a bomb, hopefully making the thing less superweapony.

S7IVynM.gif

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Kaine Australis, approved. Ship moved to the Pre-Factory.

Making a traditional ram ship can be tricky, because while the user typically only expects to get one use out of them, the receiving opponent typically doesn't like the idea of having one of their fancy ships instantly taken out of a fight by it. I really recommend being broad and open in describing the damage it does if you do go that route.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Aedan Von

Aedan Von

The Broken General

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 1,901 posts
Requesting a second chance on this submission. I wish to work on it again.

cVLTXIa.png

CREDIT TO ISAMU BAELOR FOR SIG, AND AVATAR

Drakos Systems StoreFront

Gir Quee

Gir Quee

Directorate Officer

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 5,494 posts

Aedan Von, moved to the Pre-Factory (it will appear on the second page because of its relatively early date). Your previous link will still take you directly to it as well.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Adron Malvern

Adron Malvern

King of Illyria

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,056 posts

http://starwarsrp.ne...guardsmens-vow/

Requesting this removed from the archives and placed in pre-factory. Would like to polish it up. 

Gir Quee

Edited by Adron Malvern, 31 August 2019 - 06:53 PM.

8NJlUTi.gifExarch.gifSwordmaster.png

37bWS8Y.gif

Runi Verin

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 944 posts

Adron Malvern

Looks like this was moved to the Archives due to inactivity as opposed to being denied, so you don't need to request a Second Chance in this instance.

I've moved the sub to Pre-Factory now, but in future please put requests through this thread.

Posted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

http://starwarsrp.ne...tuulus-revenge/

Would like to request a second chance for this one. There are several ways I think it can be made more balanced.

S7IVynM.gif

Runi Verin

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.

• Administrators
    • Character Bio
  • 944 posts

Kaine Australis

I know what you're going for and acknowledge the canon examples behind it, however given its nature, and the extremely dangerous and volatile nature of nanoviruses, I am not sure there are any acceptable amendments that can be made without completely changing the basis of the submission itself.

While I know this was not your intent, I also feel this type of weapon could also conceivably pave the way for similar submissions that would form an ultimate 'kark you' for invasions, skirmishes and other assorted disagreements. 

With that all said, I'm going to uphold the initial ruling and deny this second chance at this time.

Posted Image

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,070 posts

Runi Verin Understandable, and that was the reason for denial I was looking for. Cheers for taking the time to explain it. Proliferation of this sort of thing isn't really in anybody's interest. Especially if someone were to do it for OOC reasons.

S7IVynM.gif