Image Source: google search for Clone Commando, found on lucasforums
Intent: Specialized Armor
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...thspawn-fringe/ (for Terentatek Hide)
http://starwarsrp.ne...s-protectorate/ (Phrik Requirement: devastating defeat at the hands of a NFU)
Manufacturer: Iron Crown Armories / AEL
Model: Terentatek-class Commando Armor
Modularity: Low (interchangeable backpack)
Material: Phrik, Terentatek Hide, Reflec coating
The TCA is designed for highly skilled operatives as a direct counter to Force Users. The goal is to provide an armor capable of nullifying - to a degree - the abilities of Force Powers and weapons commonly used by such personnel. The armor itself is based on the reliable design of the Katarn-class Commando Armor, a highly expensive, but specialized armor made long ago by the Republic. The Terentatek-class is a vast improvement over the previous incarnation.
- Phrik makes up the armor plating. It offers substantial protection against small arms fire, laser cannons, explosive ordnance, and lightsabers. The plastoid armor of stormtroopers was said to make it, "impossible to kill a stormtrooper with a slugthrower unless the bullet was abnormally large, specifically armor piercing, or if it hit the body glove or visor lenses." As phrik is a substance far, far more durable than plastoid superior results can be expected. Like the Mark III Katarn-class, this armor can shrug off verpine shatter gun rounds and even take a direct hit from a laser cannon or a grenade.
- EMP Hardened, like the Mark III Katarn.
- The weak points are at the neck, the back of the knees, the fingers, palms, armpits, crook of the elbows, and the wrists. The visor lense is made of very thick transparisteel, but is a weakpoint as well.
- Terentatek hide is used to line the back of the armor as well as the heavy body glove and the kama worn to protect the back of the legs. The terentatek hide serves to give substantial resistance to Force Powers. Abilities such as Dark Side Tendrils, Spear of Midnight Black, Energy Manipulation, and Force Crush have minimum to no effect. A simple Force Push will still produce results, but not as significant as otherwise.
- Retractable vibroblades of phrik are hidden inside both knuckle-plates, like the Katarn-class armor.
- HUD activated magnetic clamps on the boots and gauntlets enable the wearer to resist heavy winds, or the insistent tug of a Force User.
- The armor is environmentally sealed and the wearer can survive for five minutes in a vacuum, or in other hazardous conditions that affect the air.
- Reflec coating on the armor absorbs light and stops sensors, providing additional stealth bonus. It gives the armor its dark color.
- As with previous models including the Katarn and Stormtrooper armors, the T-class armor is extremely resistant to heat and cold. However, prolonged exposure is not recommended as a fire will most certainly consume the wearer's body glove after extended contact.
- The armor offers minimal protection against radiation aside from the environmental seal.
Classification: Commando Armor
Voice and Blink interactive HUD with IFF tagging and Thermal, Night, Infrared, and Holographic vision.
- Advanced Breathing Filters that protect against biological, chemical, and toxins in the air.
- Atmosphere control systems
- Anti-Flash Blinding Automatic Polarizing Lenses
- Holographic Vision Processors: allows vision through barriers such as smoke, darkness, and fire
- Reifflex Cellular Padding to prevent head injury
- TCA can be fitted with a variety of backpacks exactly like those of the Katarn-class armor.