- - - - - Codex NPC NPC FAQ NPC Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

Darth Kentarch

Darth Kentarch

Falling Avalanche

• Writers
  • 2,139 posts

I was wondering what are the force size limitations there are for the creation of NPC units. The site faction rules state that only a major faction has the resources to rp and army. So what size of force is considered to be an army.

a8NYNoN.jpg

HEeh8Gn.pngOqqacne.jpgHvNL4lO.png

Reverance

Reverance

Lust

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,791 posts
Darth Kentarch

I'm hesitant to provide you a number on this. Largely because the rules are in place to endorse common sense and stray away from anything becoming a numbers game. I.e. If someone says an army is 100,000 then 90,000 somehow isn't. This is the wrong way to look at it.

If you need guidance, I would suggest taking a look back at the recent invasions that have included fleet or army restrictions. If your number is approaching that of the entire major faction allowance, then obviously you've hit your stride.

As the Supreme Court states, we can't define it but we know it when we see it. It will be up to the discretion of the judge at the time to dictate what's appropriate and may be based on the quality and balance of the sub, any pertinent development that's been done, and how comfortable the judge is with the submission in general.

Posted Image

Auron Song

Auron Song

Heir to the Song Dynasty

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 932 posts

When writing a dev thread for a Master level NPC, does that thread have to involve the training of that NPC, of simply to have them involved some way? E.g, can I have an NPC train a PC or adventuring with them etc to count as that NPC's dev thread?

auronsig.png

JwNuQ1l.gif

song.png

KeCholo

KeCholo

Master of Arms

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 722 posts

Auron Song

None of the NPC's training, just include them and demonstrate their power. Them training you can also count.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Visit the best Arms and Security provider in the entire galaxy, visit...

Battlewell Security and Arms

Coffeeccubus

Coffeeccubus

Worldbuilder

• Writers
  • 385 posts
How about Jedi Master npcs?

Please note, this is a OOC and Hub account. I post ALL of my OOC things here. I will soon enough put a small thing to help keep track of who I play as, and their status.

THIS IS NOT A CHARACTER ACCOUNT!

My discord is Coffeccubus#7245. I am very active on there. I prefer that to be contacted, as I usually ignore PMs, because I am usually on a character account.

Taeli Raaf

Taeli Raaf

Bookworm

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 6,805 posts

Sereniama

Master-level NPCs are very hard to get through the Codex. They require development and need a very good intent for why you are subbing one instead of seeking out a PC.

Coffeeccubus

Coffeeccubus

Worldbuilder

• Writers
  • 385 posts
Taeli Raaf

What sort of development? A whole trilogy + Sequels?

Please note, this is a OOC and Hub account. I post ALL of my OOC things here. I will soon enough put a small thing to help keep track of who I play as, and their status.

THIS IS NOT A CHARACTER ACCOUNT!

My discord is Coffeccubus#7245. I am very active on there. I prefer that to be contacted, as I usually ignore PMs, because I am usually on a character account.

Taeli Raaf

Taeli Raaf

Bookworm

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 6,805 posts

Sereniama

At least 50 posts of dveelopment, sometimes more, and the posts have to be high quality. No one or two line posts.

Edwin Setyl

Edwin Setyl

Retributionist

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 129 posts

Taeli Raaf

What if the NPC is of master rank, but is a force spirit with only the ability to use transfer essence?

rsz_the_space_is_the_limit.png

Z9R68we.pngLOsp6GA.png1aBBbTt.png

Taeli Raaf

Taeli Raaf

Bookworm

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 6,805 posts

Edwin Setyl

Same thing applies, needs development and very good intent for why you want it to know transfer essence

Jaster Starfallen

Jaster Starfallen

SpecForce Commando

• Character
  • 171 posts

Just want people's opinions.

Should I create individual NPCs for my 5 (Including me) SpecForce squad? Or should I do a group creation? There are pros and cons for both, and I don't know which to do. Less experience than all of you.

Darth Prazutis

Darth Prazutis

Immortal Shadow Hand

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,406 posts
Jaster Starfallen

I would suggest if these people are going to be diverse in their skill sets, weapons, tactics and abilities to do different submissions for each.

4w8a5BP.pngcMziud6.gifShadow_Hand_5.png

qSlQmEy.png

grim109.gif

Jaster Starfallen

Jaster Starfallen

SpecForce Commando

• Character
  • 171 posts
Ok. Thank you!

Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Just an Old Soldier

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,990 posts

Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I want to create something for the Alliance akin to the Fleet Marine Force in the U.S. Navy or the Marine Expeditionary Forces in the U.S. Marine Corps. The thing behind both of those are Marine forces are attached to Navy ships as both attacking and defending forces and that's what I wanna create for the Alliance but my problem is the Naval part of that doesn't allow to post it in the NPC unit because I can't post fleets or fleeting type things there. Can I get a answer for this oh god emperors and empresses of the Codex?

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 5,013 posts

An NPC unit sub can be created to be used within a fleet. You can mention a ship that they are assigned to per their squadrons/units/etc but we do not allow the fleet itself to be subbed as a unit.

NPC units are for the people/beings within the machines, not the machines themselves.

Noah Corek

xNEESwG.gif

Kimiko

Kimiko

Like a pheonix from the flames...hopefully

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 602 posts

Okay so I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I want to create something for the Alliance akin to the Fleet Marine Force in the U.S. Navy or the Marine Expeditionary Forces in the U.S. Marine Corps. The thing behind both of those are Marine forces are attached to Navy ships as both attacking and defending forces and that's what I wanna create for the Alliance but my problem is the Naval part of that doesn't allow to post it in the NPC unit because I can't post fleets or fleeting type things there. Can I get a answer for this oh god emperors and empresses of the Codex?

Noah Corek

Semper Fidelis!

Question: Does a stray-turned-pet need to have and NPC submission?

J2uryGd.png

7I1Eh9m.png

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 5,013 posts
Kimiko

The Codex is an optional tool on this forum. No, you do not have to submit it. You may if you want. If for some reason someone files a report against the use of your pet, then you may be required by staff to make a sub for it. As always, play fair and with common sense, and you should be fine.

xNEESwG.gif

Kimiko

Kimiko

Like a pheonix from the flames...hopefully

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 602 posts

Lorelei Darke

Arigatō! ^.^

There won't be anything special, just a companion.

J2uryGd.png

7I1Eh9m.png

Fatty

Fatty
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,102 posts

I have a question regarding the minimum number of NPC's need to consist of a 'Unit'.

The reason being is because I'm going to be submitting a special clade of starship Navigators... who are not a combat unit, but could be found on a number of ships in the single digits (four ideally).

What do you recommend?

Posted Image

Creator of the Resu

Judah Dashiell

Judah Dashiell

ex-Farmboy

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,833 posts

Fatty

Well, personally, I feel four could be considered a unit and would submit them as such. Look at examples such as ARC Troopers, who often moved around in units of 3 to 5. If its an "elite" unit or a really specialized unit, I would naturally assume the numbers would be quite low.