Submission Name: Bryn'adûl Crusaders | Writhing Servitors [Also please change the title to simply Bryn'adul | Writhing Servitors]
Link to Submission: X
Summary of Modification: Updating to new NPC Layout, lowering unit size and availability whilst clarifying their strengths.
Reason of Modification: Clarification of some things, expansions upon Servitors abilities.
The Bryn'adûl | Writhing Servitors
[Peter Konig: Dune Worms - Artstation]
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a creature to help create dynamic combat scenarios unique to the Bryn'adûl.
- Image Credit: X
- Role: Unit Placement | Infantry Destroyer
- The Bryn'adûl
- Unit Name: Servitors
- Affiliation: The Bryn'adûl
- Classification: Strategic Infantry Killer
- Equipment: N/A
- Description: A massive creature, typically around two-hundred metres in length. A massive serpent that allows for strategic placement of units through the use of its ability to easily tunnel through most terrain types.
- Unit Size: Small [Contains four in total]
- Unit Availability: Unique [Only one able to be deployed at a time]
- Unit Experience: Veteran
- Combat Function: The Servitor is a multipurpose tool, a tactical device for use by field commanders to destabilise large groups of hostile forces, destroy enemy buildings with little effort and allow safe transport for various forces.
+Tough Hide: These creatures have a tough hide, capable of withstanding a great deal of abuse. Anything with smaller firepower than a large tank could likely do nothing more than annoy the Servitor. Even turbolasers typically may require several focused hits to deal lethal damage to a Servitor.
+ Dig Through: As their name suggests, these are tunnelling machines made into flesh. These creatures tunnel through rock, metal, soil and sand to go wherever they are directed. They can also easily resurface or re-enter the ground as they please.
+Wrap Around: These creatures can wrap themselves around or use various parts of their bodies to crush buildings or vehicles or pull them underground at the command of a Shaman. This includes heavy vehicles such as AT-AT's and larger buildings.
+Ambush: These creatures are capable of creating multiple small holes in an area for Bryn'adûl forces to infiltrate and attack enemies from positions otherwise impossible to reach.
+Best Defence: This creatures are non-conventional warfare assets, not required to physically surface to attack enemies - able of creating sinkholes to devour all forms of ground-forces.
- Dumb: These creatures are sub-sentient for a reason, designed to have malleable and easily controlled minds that respond to control with passive release. This means that, these creatures are naturally quiet dull-witted.
- Blind: The creatures are blind, only having the senses of hearing and smell to discern their surroundings. Normally, without guidance these creatures stay underground and away from loud noises.
- Acid: Praedilacyt's have a weakness for large amounts of highly corrosive acidic substances, due to the nature of their rock-like armour, it can easily be burnt through by acid and in turn severely harm the creature.
- Rumble: When these things are close to the surface, a standard humanoid can typically feel the ground quake, giving sufficient warning of their approach.
-Sonic Decent: Sonic weaponry are a viable option, able to disrupt their available senses.
The Draelvasier, the society that exists as the entirety of the Bryn'adûl have an emphasis of the usage of their natural resources. This means that they will often turn to the flesh of the galaxy for answers rather than that technology - however they do realise its uses.
Thus once the Bryn'adûl discovered the reality of the Wyrms, they began testing to see if the strategies drawn up by Tathra were feasible. The question of his fallibility was one of much debate as the research continued until the researchers concluded that the creatures were possible. Thus, dubbed as Wyrms - the Servitors were slowly developed to deal with large targets, having a control of the terrain of the battlefield instead of simply outright assaulting a base.
Tathra arrived weeks before their deployment ready date to check up on the researches as development steadily continued, his personal oversight ensuring the creatures remained untethered by societal niceties nor any from of bias nor hidden agenda. When the cloning of these creatures began, Tathra absconded with two of their most promising candidates to try them out.
The Servitor wyrms are fast and durable, however have no offensive capabilities beyond the ability to ferociously dig.
Edited by Tathra Khaeus, 09 March 2019 - 07:13 PM.