* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

Verd'ika

Verd'ika

c: Fake it 'til you make eet c:

• Writers
  • 40 posts

Netherworld Noted and perfectly clear. Thanks a lot!

I'll be thinking and brainstorming, and may @mention you or ask another general question if I get hung up. ^-^

Zhudah Sakkel

Zhudah Sakkel
  • Character
    • Character Bio
  • 23 posts

Is it known how to exactly Vongform a planet? The wookieepedia didn't have much information on it. Are multiple Shapers and/or entity(s)/vongwombs required/necessary? What about for small, localized areas, making an oxygen environment in one place?

Netherworld

Netherworld

The Call of Codex

• Writers
  • 1,694 posts

Zhudah Sakkel

VONG! :D

It's been done a couple times on Chaos. Alderaan and Selvaris both got Vongformed by OS. You could look through those threads for reference.

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,939 posts

An NPC creation is optional. 

So if I wanted to turn a previous character into an NPC, am a required to sub the character as an NPC, or can I just link there character sheet and leave it at that? 

Character in question is Nickolas Imura

You've answered your own question. NPC creation is optional.

Edited by Mahet, 21 December 2017 - 08:27 PM.

xNEESwG.gif

Zackleo Ashproc

Zackleo Ashproc
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 10 posts

This is an awfully stupid question, but where do you post your Codex creations so that they can be judged?

Netherworld

Netherworld

The Call of Codex

• Writers
  • 1,694 posts
Zackleo Ashproc

Depending on what type of creation it is – NPCs go to the NPC section, Planets to the Planet section, etc.

You go into the appropriate subforum of the Codex, click "New Topic" and make your submission. :)

Zackleo Ashproc

Zackleo Ashproc
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 10 posts
Netherworld

I thought that would be the case, but when I go to any of those subforums it says: “you cannot start a new topic” in place of the button to start a new topic

Netherworld

Netherworld

The Call of Codex

• Writers
  • 1,694 posts

Zackleo Ashproc

Yeah, Codex and Factory are closed each year for the holidays. :)

They should be reopening today though, so by tomorrow you'll be able to make submissions as normal.

Zackleo Ashproc

Zackleo Ashproc
  • Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 10 posts
Netherworld

That explains it, thanks! :D

Madison M. Maxwell IV

Madison M. Maxwell IV

『amadeus』

• Codex Judge
  • 70 posts

If I had, say, multiple location subs that were essentially identical in terms of production, security, general aesthetics -- except for their individual geographical placement on a planet, would it be more prudent to do one submission for all of them (7, lets say) or do seven submissions for each location? I'm not sure what would be easier on both myself and the judges & what would technically be correct. I'm not opposed to doing seven individual location subs, but I'd definitely like to know what you'd prefer so I could get a head start :D

scz5YgV.gif

the passage of time depends entirely on where you're standing. relativity theory… it's so romantic. but it's just so tragic too. 

Netherworld

Netherworld

The Call of Codex

• Writers
  • 1,694 posts

Madison M. Maxwell IV

The tradition for these kinds of "mass-produced" locations has been to submit a single submission.

If you have a specific number of iterations in mind, just make note of them somewhere in the location submission, and it should be okay.

Madison M. Maxwell IV

Madison M. Maxwell IV

『amadeus』

• Codex Judge
  • 70 posts

Netherworld sounds good, I'll be sure to do that -- Thanks!

scz5YgV.gif

the passage of time depends entirely on where you're standing. relativity theory… it's so romantic. but it's just so tragic too. 

Kal Brennet

Kal Brennet

A disciple of balance

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 26 posts

If I wanted my character to develop a new lightsaber form through trial and error for the purpose of creating something incredibly hard to counter, would that require a codex submission? I figure it would take many threads to be considered useable

Jairus Starvald

Jairus Starvald

Eidoloclast

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,885 posts

Kal Brennet

Not at all. 

The Codex is not compulsory and there is currently no template where you would be able to submit a lightsaber form anyway. All you need to do is be reasonable in your RP and you will be fine!

EIn4JJT.gif

Eidoloclast_copy.png

Gilamar Skirata

Gilamar Skirata

Approximate Knowledge of Many Things

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,216 posts

Should a codex sub being edited require substantial edits is it better to just archive the old sub and make a new one?

Zeradias Mant

Zeradias Mant

Not Admin

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,707 posts

Gilamar Skirata

That is an option, though be sure to link it as a source in the resub. We'll likely archive it, if it's not already.

You could also request it be put into the Pre-Codex for edits, but please briefly state what you're doing adding to expedite review.

jp6SZYE.png

Karen Roberts

Karen Roberts

The Jedi Peacock

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 55 posts

Where is information pertaining to Canon Planets most likely to be found?

Example: I'm looking for any Codex page with lore regarding the planet Zeltros. Would a simple search of the "Approved Planets" section be the most effective way to approach this? :)

cNYsvKL.png

Asha Hex

Asha Hex

Voidwalker

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 9,769 posts

Karen Roberts

That depends on if anyone has actually submitted Zeltros to the Codex. If not, I'd suggest searching the Locations and Species approved areas, to see if anyone has added to what's on the planet outside of Canon/Legends.

f907df9d4cd8d02362817f238df47a56-dbyla2k

9124dc21e86a6f90ab135f748ea554f5-dc3hrztqigong_kesh_by_kioxes-dbrc25g.gif2f5cc35e279212be6552d05bfc059d96-dc3hrzj

{ Rank Titles } { Neutral Force User? Join The Je'daii Order Today! } { Useful Flora }