• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

Scherezade deWinter

Scherezade deWinter

The Blood Hound

• Codex Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 3,118 posts

I'm considering a new planet that I want to create, and I had an idea that I wanted to check in advance if it wouldn't get the sub autodenied- my idea is for a planet that is essentially a giant sphere of breathable atmosphere, but within that sphere, there are floating islands. So that the planet "shape" is essentially invisible, and upon closer inspection, various islands varying in size float as per usual orbital rules.

Would something like this work here?

ETA: Another question- is it possible to enter TBD on the planet's location and edit it in at some point in the future?

Edited by Scherezade deWinter, 19 September 2018 - 11:36 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

made by Ahtemis

STaCLO

STaCLO

Harder Better Faster Stronger

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 298 posts

I've hit with some sci-fi interpretation on the colonization of something like the Oort Cloud and how it may be a relatively good idea for inhabiting a solar system.

So with what I'm asking is, would it possible to make a submission (probably under planets) for a loose, independent collection of asteroids, and other natural satellite settlements as a planet in regards to a submission? Functioning kind of like a Polis Massas that together could equate to a small time planetary government and hold some influence in a system. 

Edited by STaCLO, 18 October 2018 - 02:02 PM.

Voice (With disguise) | Natural Voice Themes X X

bDca44R.pngConfed1.gifC9w4EqC.png

Zero_Ascii-4.gif

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,355 posts

Hello beloved Codex judges,

Wanted to ask about image sizes and the recommended sizes for both the main image and any secondaries in a codex submission. I think i remember reading somewhere it was 1000x750 but i could be mistaken.

What is the recommended image size, number of images per submission, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Allyson Locke

Edited by Kaine Australis, 19 October 2018 - 09:45 AM.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Allyson Locke

Allyson Locke

Safety Slayer

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,730 posts

Kaine Australis

For you 1x1 pixel 

Nah, but 1000x750 is mostly for the header, it does follow the rest of the submission as well - but rule of thumb "make it look nice" the Judges appreciate good formating because it makes things easier to read and understand 

Kaine Australis

Kaine Australis

Coopers Cooler

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,355 posts

Allyson Locke I have no idea what looks nice, the art gene skipped my generation. :)

Would say 75% of the header size be acceptable, or is 50% more so? Just a hint would be helpful, I just want to save the judges asking me to resize the secondary images in future.

S7IVynM.gif

'It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for; I can never fight for myself, but for others, I can kill.'

Allyson Locke

Allyson Locke

Safety Slayer

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,730 posts
Kaine Australis

Hmm id say between 50 and 75. You can always use spoilers too

Tyluko Dubykee

Tyluko Dubykee

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 909 posts

So I have a plan to create a lightside Force Nexus on Mon Cala in the form of a hidden underwater temple. Is that feasible? Also can I make it so that the Nexus within the temple as an impact on the environment and life of the area near the temple?

Thanks!

Tyluko Dubykee: Tidemaster of the Dolphinarians

SUgceJC.pngi2OfFut.pngtag+aquatic.gif4jMYL7o.png

"May the blessings of the water keep you, the might of your ancestors gives you strength." -Brother Lemcke

Ship: "The Ocean's Pride" Fighter: "Aqua Dragon" Weapon: Blade of  the Protector Armor: Kami's Stealth'gam Misc: Defender Bracelets

Yt1PbPS.jpg

Jairus Starvald

Jairus Starvald

Eidoloclast

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,872 posts

Tyluko Dubykee

I don't see why not. However, do not forget you need a development thread that tells a full story of the Nexus' creation. The location templates contains a specific template for a Force Nexus.

That being said- you should know that the Sith Empire has recently taken control over Mon Cal on the map. It might be helpful to touch base with their staff, see how your idea fits with their established lore for the world. 

EIn4JJT.gif

Eidoloclast_copy1.png

Tyluko Dubykee

Tyluko Dubykee

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 909 posts

Jairus Starvald

Oh ok, I wasn't aware a development thread was needed, I didn't think the template mentioned one but I can make that work some how. Should my first step be to go talk to the staff of the Sith Empire first? 

"May the blessings of the water keep you, the might of your ancestors gives you strength." -Brother Lemcke

Ship: "The Ocean's Pride" Fighter: "Aqua Dragon" Weapon: Blade of  the Protector Armor: Kami's Stealth'gam Misc: Defender Bracelets

Yt1PbPS.jpg

Allyson Locke

Allyson Locke

Safety Slayer

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,730 posts

Tyluko Dubykee

Probably a good idea since it is in their cloud of influence. 

Tyluko Dubykee

Tyluko Dubykee

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 909 posts

Allyson Locke

Just received the go-ahead from Darth Carnifex so I will hopefully begin that shortly. Do I require a development thread for the Nexus? The template only mentioned needing aparagraph detailing the history and formation of the nexus. 

Yt1PbPS.jpg

Allyson Locke

Allyson Locke

Safety Slayer

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 8,730 posts

Tyluko Dubykee

The information is found here: http://starwarsrp.ne...erials-species/

And the quoted thread needed is as follows: 

Force Nexus: Codex submissions that include a Force Nexus will require a Restricted Mission to be completed. Write a thread in a convincing manner detailing the quest for, construction of, or discovery of the Force Nexus in question. There is no set post count, however a complete story should be told. Submissions containing extraordinarily strong Nexuses or providing substantial benefits may warrant a judge requesting additional effort or edits made to the submission to adhere to forum standards and balancing for fair play.

Tyluko Dubykee

Tyluko Dubykee

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 909 posts

Much obliged!

Allyson Locke

Yt1PbPS.jpg

Noah Corek

Noah Corek

Head of Republic Special Operations Command

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,153 posts

Where would I sub a particular type of fighting?

Noah_Sig.gif

OmegaPyre.png

Srina Talon

Srina Talon

Dread Queen

• Roleplay Judge
    • Character Bio
  • 1,149 posts

Noah Corek None of the other templates are even close to what you might need for that so I would suggest entering it under "Lore" using the Media template. You can be creative with it to suit your needs but it will likely be your best option. You could even write it like a "Book" or an "Instructional Holo" if that might make things simpler for you. 

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image