Vulpesen

Vulpesen

Valde of the Vitae

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 10,672 posts

Name: Zorren

Designation: Sentient

Homeworld: Lost planet currently scattered around the Galaxy (I will be editing this in the future as this is part of a special story I have in mind for Vulpesen.)

Language: Basic, Veradun

Average height of adults: Normal human height

Skin color: Normal human and canine colors

Hair color: Normal human and canine hair colors

Breathes: Type 1

Strengths:

Dexterious and agile

Strong (Due to an increase in muscle density, the Zorrens can lift about one extra pound for every three.)

Energetic

Full-fledged Zorrens are adapted to living in the wild.

Weaknesses:

High metabolism

Rare (species nearly wiped to extinction during the gulag plague, still recovering)

Will naturally place themselves in danger for others

Stengths/Weaknesses

Powerful senses/can be overwhelmed by over stimulation.

Distinctions:

All Zorrens: At some time in their lives, Zorrens are sent through a conditioning period known as the trial. A month long journey through any harsh environment will eventually start to change their body as it naturally adapts. The stress brought on by such conditions releases hormones and chemicals which speeds certain bodily functions and changes others. These changes include their nails growing into hard talons that while extended beyond the human hand are not clumsily so, ears growing a small point, hardening of their new talons to be able to cut through materials such as hard woods, canine fangs, joints on their ears to move them independently, slight changes in bone structure to allow for running on all limbs in a comfortable manner (though they remain mostly bipedal), changes in vocal cords that cause their words to come out as more of a growl, making their natural language of Veradun easier to speak, and enhanced senses. After the Trial, a Zorren’s life span also changes, causing them to age at a fraction of the rate of a normal human being while their metabolism speeds up to sustain this. A full-fledged Zorren might eat twice the normal human does on an active day. One of the largest marks of a Zorren can also be found in their bright golden eyes.

High Zorrens: Much like the normal Zorrens, their body structure is the same as a human up until their trial. However, the pureblood of a high Zorren causes a special difference in that they are born with Receive a tail once they complete their transformation a canine tail.  While this can be a status symbol to different groups, it is often ignored and simply seen for what it is… a tail.

Average Lifespan: 5,000 years.

Races: Zorrens, High Zorrens.

Estimated Population: 15,000

Diet: Omnivorous, but certain foods can make them sick if eaten in large quantities. (Any food that can make a dog sick is on the list.)

Communication: Vocal. Generally they use words, though at long distances they will howl to eachother.

Culture: The remaining Zorrens and their offspring grow up on tales of an ancient order in which men and women swore to protect the jedi from any danger without worrying about politics or anything else. It is this belief system that nearly caused them to be exterminated by the Gulag plague, however all Zorrens dream of finding their home planet and retaking it so that they may revive the tradition. Despite their loss of planet and ancient order, the Zorrens still see giving ones life for another as among the highest of honors when done for the right reason. As such, Zorrens tend to die before they reach venerable age as they constantly fight other's battles to the point that look for larger and larger challenges and thus larger problems to fix. While sentient and capable of overriding these thoughts, they still find it as an instinct, bred in by thousands of years, and thus it takes a conscious effort to ignore any plea of help.

Technology level: Slightly less than the rest of the galaxy due to their feral roots.

General behavior: Despite a more human form, the behavior of the Zorrens as said earlier, comes from a seemingly canine root. Seeing themselves as the guard dogs of the galaxy, Zorrens will also leap to the defense of anyone they see as being wronged. With a strict moral compass revolving around Life and freedom, the Zorrens find it instinctual to move to another being’s aid, even at their own expense. As for their mannerisms around others, the Canine side of the Zorrens generally shows itself when they get excited. Showing a fiery temper when roused, the Zorrens often possess a sharp tongue in arguments, especially when it goes about what they believe. When the excitement is of a more merry nature, their words tend to come out with a yippish tone and the High Zorrens will even wag their tails at signs of joy. When calm, the Zorrens are capable of blending in with general society.

History:

5,000 BBY The Zorrens evolve to a civilized species, yet keep the ability to turn their bodies into a feral form given a month of hardship on their harsh planet.

3,000 BBY The Zorren elders form their own order of defense as well as their own force order. This order is known as the Tenevi with a sub sect known as the Vitae Order. This order quickly rises to unite their planet of tribes into a single government.

1,500 BBY The Zorrens experience a golden age on their planet, during which their technology rises above that of the outside galaxy. This wonderful time in their home causes many Zorrens to become centered around their planet.

500 BBY The Jedi meet the Zorrens and accept some of them into their order.This friendship goes on for centuries as their instinctive beliefs fit well with the gaurdian ideals of the jedi.

15 ABY The Golden Age ends and the Zorrens are attacked by the empire as it tries to destroy their two orders and main governments. Despite this attack, the Zorrens manage to keep most of their assets intact and they quickly respond by coming out of isolation to aid the Republicby defending targets of special interest.

17 ABY With the help of the rebellion, the Zorrens erase their planet from all records to avoid future attacks on their home. This allows them to move farther out into the galaxy to defend people as they cease fearing danger to their home.

136 ABY The Zorrens start to regain their power in secret, cautious about the One Sith Empire of te time. However, they do send out a few members of the species to continue guarding certain places and people in the galaxy.

430 ABY The Gulag plague almost destroys the species as their constant time away from home brings them to places where the disease is often seen. Also, the Zorrens find themselves with an initial weakness to the disease, causing them to lose most of their populace to the terrible plague. 

450 ABY The Zorrens lose their planet in a civil War started by the immigrated species of their planet, which have been led by a skilled group of terrorists. After a well planned coup, the Tenevi Order is destroyed in something of an isolated Order 66 and within days, the Zorrens go from the norm of their planet to outcasts who are run out of their home.

800 ABY-Present The Zorrens start amassing their numbers to re-find and take back their home. (this will likely be changed in the future)

Notable Player-Characters: Vulpesen

Intent: Personal reason: I wanted Vulpesen to be something other than a human and I always enjoyed the idea of changing through some sort of trial(through a series of threads he’ll hopefully go through the change). Not so personal reason: Star wars has Cathar, Felecatians, and togorians. I’d like to see a canine species that doesn’t look like it crawled out from someone’s hind end, or requires the blood of another force user to survive.

Mrrew

Mrrew

Monstercat

• Character
  • 3,464 posts

I really like this. Just a few clarifications and you're good to go. :)

This isin't to much of a big deal, but it's worth mentioning. Just how strong? Are we talking bodybuilder strong? Wookiee strong? Gorax strong?

Five thousand year lifespan... hmm. Alright...

You say high zorrens are of 'pureblood nature'. Does that mean that zorrens breed with humans or other species? So they can sucesfully breed with humans? I think that may be worth mentioning. 

I'd like a little more on history, if you would.

Just those minor things, and you're good to go as far as I'm concerned. :)

Darth Tsolan

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Beast Hunter's Guild

Signature courtesy of HK-36

Vulpesen

Vulpesen

Valde of the Vitae

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 10,672 posts

Mrrew Well, I believe that's it. Not sure how much more I can add if you need, but I'll see what I can do if required.

Mrrew

Mrrew

Monstercat

• Character
  • 3,464 posts

Darth Tsolan - This looks perfectly good to me. I love the idea. Might have to make one someday. 

02-thubs-up-cat.jpg

Pending admin approval

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Beast Hunter's Guild

Signature courtesy of HK-36

Thurion Heavenshield

Thurion Heavenshield

The Golden Lion

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 7,708 posts