127 replies to this topic

Azrael

Azrael

Solus Irud

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,656 posts

Attention Mandalorians

There will be an upcoming invasion with the One Sith on Empress Teta.  The Invasion is being marked as a PVP Battlefield Scenario.  What this means is that we will have an Army of Mandalorians versus the army that the One Sith can muster up on an all out battlefield scenario.  The Sith's strong suit is one-on-one fighting.  They dominate in this area consistently. We cannot afford to make the mistake of taking them on in a one-on-one fashion (no matter how big your ego is).  

For the purpose of this invasion we are going to attempt to work in squads.  I would prefer squads of three, but if two is all we can muster, that's all we can do.  I want each of you to pick teams.  The Field Marshals will lead the teams, and if there are more teams needed, than Rally Masters will lead that team.  Mand'alor also plans to join us on this Invasion.  

As this will primarily be a ground assault, we're going to make use of some nifty toys on the line of battle.  We are also going to make use of two very key tactics in dealing with the Sith (and the Vong with them).  One will be Ysalamir contained in besk'ar plated nutrient tubes.  The second will be Baffor Pollen grenades that render most of the Vong weapons obsolete, and kill their crab armor (which in turn kills the wearer)  This however has not been approved yet and might need a tech sub for it.

So, here's the captains of the starting teams.  Please post with your choice for who you want to team up with.  And tag their name in the post please.  The squads will also house large teams of NPCs to fill our ranks.  Use them how you will.  Also, make sure to pick a team you can stay with.  As if it's a ground team, you don't want to be doing air support.  

Gilamar Skirata - Ground Support

Azrael - Ground Support

Strider Garon - Air Support

Garrus Garon -Ground Support

Basaba Willamina -Ground Support

Preliat Mantis -Undeclared

Preliat Mantis

Preliat Mantis

The Wolf

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,286 posts

I will lead people into battle and into glory. 

33a333e71b.gif

"I was once many things. Now- now I'm just angry."

Basaba Willamina

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,070 posts

Bah only gear my team needs is baskads and horak rifles. We'll deploy from the yaim'la

Azrael

Azrael

Solus Irud

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,656 posts

Basaba Willamina Please make use of those two advantages though.  We don't want more casualties.

Arrbi Betna

Arrbi Betna

Marauder

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,025 posts

Azrael

I can take a Bes'uliik starfighter and provide CAS and Air Superiority. Anija Ordo may join me, I think. I'll bring Flame-Carpet bombs, so you folks will want your suits fully sealed.

8tKv4Ee.png  6uicx7f.png  8T3KUKk.jpg

dhTTtRA.png

Azrael

Azrael

Solus Irud

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,656 posts

I'll have to clarify this post - since you'll want to know whose doing what.  The idea is to work in teams with other people closeby, so those that are on the ground won't want to directly team with air support.  

Basaba Willamina

Basaba Willamina

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,070 posts

Azrael I am ground fighting and doubtful I will use them. Aedan might have roped me into going to help with the dev thread for them but I disagree and am against them. Work went into them but just like the Bral I would rather fight and win letting the enemy know they used all they had. We don't need weaponss to win or gadgets we have our bare hands and skills. May not be flashy, may not be the quick and easy solution but it is the one that shows why mandalorians have always been superior.

Azrael

Azrael

Solus Irud

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,656 posts

Basaba Willamina Well if your lack of using weapons designed to combat the Sith get your team killed...don't be surprised. 

Strider Garon

Strider Garon

The Hound of Keldabe

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,576 posts

I will be taking air command

StriderSigDes_zpssdyxv8w7.jpg

6P6M2Ck.pnguPaKktX.png6SGtbYW.pngd2f262bdf299d201a0951aab18b15f65-dc6d8rk

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young"

The Avril

Basaba Willamina

Basaba Willamina

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,070 posts

Azrael I have equipment to combat them and I will use it, I just choose to fight an opponent and not claim superiority because I stacked the deck in my favor.

Azrael

Azrael

Solus Irud

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,656 posts

They are going to stack the deck in their favor..assuredly.  Anyways, we need the rest of the vode to weigh in with their teams, and then I'll create a chart for easy reference.

Arrbi Betna

Arrbi Betna

Marauder

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,025 posts

They are going to stack the deck in their favor..assuredly.  Anyways, we need the rest of the vode to weigh in with their teams, and then I'll create a chart for easy reference.

They'll do it in a hearbeat and they'll whine when you do it to them.

We're Mandos. We don't fight fair. If you plan to fight fair, you plan to lose. Throw some sand in their eyes and kick 'em in the gett'se.

8tKv4Ee.png  6uicx7f.png  8T3KUKk.jpg

dhTTtRA.png

Michael Steelfang

Michael Steelfang
  • Writers
  • 454 posts
I'll work with Strider Garon let's see how many sith we can drop before they sick the RP judges on us.

Edited by Michael Steelfang, 18 September 2014 - 12:49 AM.

Rhodessa

Rhodessa

Death By Ra Vizsla

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 211 posts
I go with who ever needs me

Captain Larraq

Captain Larraq

Capitalist

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,370 posts
I find your lack of faith (fleeting) disturbing.

Larraq will not be attending. Ill have to discuss options with Betna before I decide which of my alts to show up with, but you can likely expect to see an Armored Wookiee shambling about.

1629wrn.jpg

pjjm3jX.pngSpaceCowboy_zps739e785f.pngK3Dpw4M.jpgStimcafAddict_zpscb1ldpki.gif?t=14133228

Michael Steelfang

Michael Steelfang
  • Writers
  • 454 posts

I find your lack of faith (fleeting) disturbing.
Larraq will not be attending. Ill have to discuss options with Betna before I decide which of my alts to show up with, but you can likely expect to see an Armored Wookiee shambling about.

To be honest I figured our best bet was fleeting.

Azrael

Azrael

Solus Irud

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,656 posts

If you guys want to fleet that badly, I can always throw up a question to the OS staff and see if they're up for it.  But that's only if you -really- want it.  I didn't offer because it was honestly not something I ever do....cause I hate to fleet.

Michael Steelfang Captain Larraq

Rhodessa

Rhodessa

Death By Ra Vizsla

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 211 posts
Actually Strider Garon I am with you tell me what I am piloting.

Though beware of my main, with Ordo permission she pulled a fighter from its course

Olivia Dem'adas

Olivia Dem'adas

Chief of Clan Dem'adas

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 772 posts
*shrug*

Honestly, I think I've raised enough ruckus OOC lately, and I've been neglecting my wookiee anyway. Do what you've got to do. But I'd like to be able to decide for myself if I want to fleet in an Invasion or not, instead of having my options restricted by Staff and faction admins.

Anija Betna

Anija Betna

Retired Character

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 3,159 posts
I'll go with Arrbi Betna and company.

I do have to agree with Olivia. Having options restricted like that really limits rp for those who do like fleeting. From the sound of it, some fleeting in the thread would make sense.

6uicx7f.pngTCm2kja.pngpCDQ6FX.png

4jN1yNW.gif