Name: Elpis Kerrigan-Alcori. Formerly Elpsis Elaris. Née Kallikora.
Nickname: Incendia, Cinder, Red.
Age: Early Twenties
Weight: 62 kg
Faction: Firemane Industries (Order of Fire division)
Faction Rank: Mistress of the Order of Fire, Officer Cadet, Brevet Second Lieutenant.
Force Sensitive: Yes.
Force Rank: Witch Elder
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Force Alignment: Neutral
Planet of birth: Coruscant
Biological father: Sith Lord Xerexes (killed by Siobhan Kerrigan for being an evil jerk)
Biological mother: Coryth Elaris
Family: House Kerrigan-Alcori
Adoptive mothers: Tegaea Alcori, Siobhan Kerrigan
Siblings: Livia Kerrigan-Alcori, Adril Kerrigan-Alcori.
Significant Other: It's...a bit complicated.
Battle Sisters/Companions: Maiev, Tempest, Laira Vereen.
Pet: A Cylix called Leo
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:
- Elpsis has learned from an early age that she has to be self-reliant if she wants to make it in this world. Having never had much of a family, she is quite capable of surviving on her own. In stress situations and times of danger she has shown an ability to make quick decisions and think on her feet. This ties in with the fact that she is a fairly practical girl, though in the past her idea of practical translated into criminal activity. Growing up on the streets after running away from the Jedi forced her to become tough. She won't hesitate to fight dirty if needed.
- Elpsis is a powerful pyromancer. Her power enables her to summon flame, burn opponents, heat objects by touch and cook dinner without an oven. In addition to conjuring tempestuous firestorms and thermic lances, she can manipulate magma, which is convenient on a volcano planet. She is very good at absorbing and channelling heat to protect herself and use it as fuel for her own attacks. Her telekinesis is also rather strong.
- Elpsis has inherited what one might consider to be her birth mother's gifts. Coryth Elaris, aside from being a healer, was a seer and an empath, which is both a gift and a curse. Elpsis is gifted with (battle) precognition, Force empathy and animal friendship.
- Force Sight: She can see through obstructions such as walls, perceive another person's alignment and is good at piercing illusions, even rather sophisticated ones. This extends to an aptitude for spotting camouflaged beings.
- Elpsis is rather gregarious, bubbly, kind and compassionate. Her upbeat attitude makes her easy to like. It also helps her stay composed in battle. She is extremely loyal to her adoptive family, House Kerrigan-Alcori.
- Spiritual. Elpsis was once an atheist, but is now very religious and believes in a feminine pagan deity called Vesta, a goddess of nature and fire. Her spiritual nature gives her confidence and serves as a boost for her. It endows her with a deep respect for nature and also drives her to fight evil.
- She is a redhead, that says it all. Redheads reign!
- Elpsis is physically blind and dependent on the Force to see. Put her in a ysalamiri field and she won't see anything. Likewise Voidstone constructs can interfere with her vision. It also puts her at a disadvantage against the Force Dead since she cannot see them. Moreover, it hampers various mundane skills. For instance piloting, slicing, using a datapad or reading her messages. Inanimate objects are more difficult for her to perceive, as they lack a Force presence. Her dependence is ironic because she used to resent being a Force-user, but has come to depend on it and see it as a guide. It also hampers various mundane skills.
- In the past Elpsis was a loner who experienced little warmth in her life and was both driven by a need to find her family and afraid of it. Now that she has what she yearned for she is afraid of losing it or disappointing them. Beneath her carefree, bubbly attitude she is quite insecure and doubts herself as a master. This can make her very reckless, especially in battle, since she lacks the discipline of a trained soldier. For this reason she's also rather reluctant to train others. While her relationship with Tegaea is very good, Siobhan treats her with icy disdain, which Elpsis has begun to resent.
- Much like her birth mother, Elpsis has...a bit of a temper. Redhead rage is a thing after all! One can imagine that it can get her into her share of trouble. Or result in her throwing herself in situations where is clearly over her head.
- Though not stupid by any means, Elpis is rather uncouth, blunt and tends to say what she thinks without thinking things through. This makes social situations where a more refined attitude is called for quite awkward.
- Her birth mother's gifts are both a blessing and a curse. Sure, if you're in a fire fight it's handy to know that someone is about to shoot at your head so that you can get out of the way. Likewise it's useful if you can get a read on a business partner's emotion. But it's obviously one hell of a headache if you have no control and the emotions of a crowd start bleeding into you. While her mental shields are good, this can cause issues when people are dying around her on a battlefield. Elpsis will kill if needed, but dislikes it. Unless she considers a slain opponent truly heinous, she will probably pray for their soul after the battle is over.
- In a sense Elpsis is a drifter. She regards herself as a knight errant, travelling the stars to right wrongs and beat up bad guys. This nomadic existence makes it difficult to settle down and leaves her disconnected. In alignment terms, she is Chaotic Good and does not fit into rigid hierarchies. This also extends to her love life. As her romantic partners have noticed, Elpsis is rather flightly...and wanders a lot.
- Elpsis' lightsabre duelling skills are mostly defensive. More athletic than muscular, she is no powerhouse when it comes to physical fighting.
- Elpsis has strong faith in her visions and her deity. This can be used against her. After all, most of her visions are very cryptic and thus require interpretation. Oftentimes, one sees what one wants to see.
- A recent duel with Matsu Xiangu has left Elpsis physically and emotionally scarred. While she stood her ground against the powerful Witch-Necromancer, contact with her darkside magic has impaired Elpsis' connection to the Light. She finds it extremely difficult to draw upon it to heal people now. The encounter has made her more aggressive, but she's also afflicted with bad dreams.
SHIP: A tramp freighter that she 'won' in a card game. In all likelihood her opponent's accusations that she cheated are accurate. Actually, she definitely cheated!
- Animal Friendship
- Alter Environment (Fire and Air)
- Battle Precognition
- Breath Control
- Detoxify Poison
- Force Barrier
- Force Empathy - on top of natural empathy.
- Force Illusion
- Force Sense
- Force Sight
- Force Speed/Jump
- Force Vision
- Mind Trick
- Plant Surge
- Protection Bubble
- Thought Shield
Journal entry written just before the Netherworld Incident (written in 2015):
“So yeah, started writing a journal. Why? Beats me. Guess I should say something corny about how maybe one day someone will read it and find meaning it. Or that I need it for...what's the pompous word again? Catharsis. That's a good one. No thanks. Skipped the cliched 'dear diary' beginning because it's dumb.
Galaxy's gone crazy. Everyone's being dramatic about things. Sith attack this world, Sith attack that world, the 'coalition of fluffy puppies and freedom' gets its arse kicked there. People acting like it's the 'end of the world as we know it'. Or jumping on the bandwagon of the winners as fast as they can. Jedi, Sith, things would be better if both got sucked into a black hole.
Yeah, it's all dramatic, terrible and not my war. More bizarre dreams. People...vanishing...screams...endless desert under a green sun. Creepy. Exit that train of thought, no use thinkin' about it. And probably lay off the spice. It's been ages since my run-in with the latest bounty-hunters Daddy Dearest said. Real close call with the last one of them. Psycho just kept coming and coming, even after getting' his arm blown off. Been told he was what spacers call a 'Reaver'. Nasty creature pumped full of alchemical drugs and pure rage till it turns into a mindless animal. I always knew this Force thing was just messed.
Thank god buckshot to the face worked nicely. Left some nasty wounds, but hey, bastard's dead, I'm still walking. Maybe Daddy's given up on the hunt for wayward daughter and make her your slave thing. Sick bastard. Or someone's ripped his spine out. I'd send a fruit basket of blood oranges to whoever did that.
Still getting weird dreams. It's sick. People vanishing, doom, glooms and demons. And the goddamn headaches are a bitch. Drinking doesn't seem to help. Spice just warps my brain, but ah well. Got through worse than a couple 'visions'. Daddy said they were a gift, but he keeps mutated nexu around and has a creepy lab where he tortures people for fun and giggles, so who cares about what the hell the old sod knows. This woman...keeps showing up in my breams. Beautiful, flaming red hair, so...what's the word...radiant, full of power. And somehow when I look at her there's this connection...wait, this is starting to weird me out. Exit that train of thought, focus on the now. Not on cryptic messages the 'Force' is supposedly sending me.
Anyhow, got work to do. Cartel boss keeps staring at my arse, but he pays well. And the last goon who tried to touch got his wrist broken, so bonus. 'sides, maybe I can make more creds out of a round of pazaak at the Blooming Rose. Just need a little 'cheating'. Wait...why the feth is it getting all dark around me...”
http://starwarsrp.ne...t-drink-elpsis/Brutal duel with the Sith Knight Raien Keth! A bar is totally wrecked.
http://starwarsrp.ne...nion-of-ruusan/Elpsis kills generic stormtroopers and steals a Sithy's lightsabre. Meets Nantaris.
http://starwarsrp.ne...inion-of-arkas/ After a deal with pirates goes south, Elpsis kills corsairs, sells guns to plucky rebels.
http://starwarsrp.ne...on-of-rhen-var/Elpsis goes crystal raiding. Things don't go quite as planned, but she meets her birth mother. Awkwardness ensues!
http://starwarsrp.ne...calamari/page-3 Elpsis has been captured by pirates! While the Silvers attack their fleet, Elpsis escapes and teams up with Aba to take over the pirate cruiser. Nothing could possibly go wrong!
http://starwarsrp.ne...minion-of-ossus Elpsis meets Natoline during SSC's annexation of Ossus.
http://starwarsrp.ne...-of-tash-taral/Alas, keeping the cruiser around is hard work, so Elpsis and Aba decide to sell it. Alas, they crash over Tash-Taral. Explosions ensue. Tempest is there to rescue them! A big cat shows up and causes confusion.
http://starwarsrp.ne...on-of-morellia/ Elpsis tags along with Firemane and Tempest. Is heroic and kills lots of beasties.
http://starwarsrp.ne...on-of-zygerria/Elpsis just wants to enjoy a pod race, but Firemane interrupts!
http://starwarsrp.ne...nion-of-elrood/Elpsis joins Firemane's zombie-extermination force and kills lots of undead. Alas, she gets bitten in the hand, but Freye chops it off!
http://starwarsrp.ne...n-of-saleucami/While Firemane and Angelii conquer Castle Sithstein, Elpsis lazes around at a beach and hits on Natoline. An evil Sithy interferes, so they toss a very hot whirlwind at him. He gets thrown very far.
http://starwarsrp.ne...on-of-boz-pity/Elpsis reunites with Tempest to lead the attack on a pirate base. They summon a fire tornado! Alas, Elpsis gets shot at the end.
http://starwarsrp.ne...dahomey-kinyen/Firemane aids the Galactic Alliance during their peacekeeping and humanitarian efforts on Dahomey, rebuilding their own base. Snarky comments about colonialism and entitlement ensue. Elpsis bonds with a Cylix.
http://starwarsrp.ne...you-kaeshanaop/One day, Elpsis wakes up in hell and meets her evil dad. He's still an evil jerk...but Force powers don't work in the Netherworld! So she kneecaps him and beats him up.
http://starwarsrp.ne...cori-clan-only/The Kerrigan-Alcori clan gets together for the holidays. Elpsis is invited. That's nice! There's presents.
http://starwarsrp.ne...nctum-friends/�Tempest and Elpsis go to give their regards to the Heavenshields, but when they get ignored they slip off for quiet time.
http://starwarsrp.ne...a-pity-boz-ssc/ Elpsis recovers after getting shot in the Boz Pity Dominion. Reconciles with Aba and flirts with Tempest a lot.
http://starwarsrp.ne...kathol-outback/ Attends a Kathol Outback meeting.
http://starwarsrp.ne...s-again-coryth/ Elpsis cameo in a Coryth/Josh thread. Elpsis plagiarises Han Solo. For the record, she shot first!
http://starwarsrp.ne...th/#entry790091 Continuation of the Coryth/Elpsis encounter on Rhen Var
http://starwarsrp.ne...my-soup-elpsis/ Elpsis runs into the cool Aba on Nal Hutta. Angsty teenagers with superpowers unite! Both just want to have a drink and easy credits, but because of reasons wind up Nal Hutta's Most Wanted. After killing an absurd number of gangsters, they have fun on Zeltros.
http://starwarsrp.ne...pen-bar-thread/ Elpsis has a drink in a bar while bigwigs convene, runs into the Thronebreaker's daughter.
http://starwarsrp.ne...nt-town-elpsis/Elpsis just wants to have a drink, runs into the amazing Cora Passek. Gangsters attack and they kick arse. Cora has a nexu and can teach her how to lay booby traps. Elpsis becomes an instant fangirl. Ruby sends cryptic messages.
http://starwarsrp.ne...e-ever-tegsaba/After events on Tash-Taral, Aba and Elpsis return to the Firemane clan. Things are awkward, then they got on a boat trip to meet the wood elves. Alas, Siobhan and Elpsis butt heads and Elpsis leaves in an angry stint after befriending a sea serpent via empathy.
http://starwarsrp.ne...ng-blues-laina/ Elpsis meets Laina, bonds with the amazon and becomes the babysitter for her kiddo. Evil amazons attack, Elpsis is heroic and gets shot. Reconciles with Sio and decides to help Laina in her quest to free her tribe. She finally has a cause! And she finally talks to her mother again.
http://starwarsrp.ne...-no-see-coryth/Elpsis and her mother Coryth meet and go on a boat trip! Mother and daughter have a long overdue talk...and reconcile! Elpsis has a mother at last.
http://starwarsrp.ne...a/#entry1286757 Bonding time with Auntie Tegs. Elpsis bonds with her auntie and finally integrates into the Firemane clan.
http://starwarsrp.ne...reball-whiskey/Beach vacation with the Kerrigans and friends.
Edited by Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori, 16 December 2018 - 05:53 PM.