Image Source: Outrider by ColonialChrome, Princess Leia by SeanE, Photoshop Manipulation by me.
Affiliation: Sor-Jan Xantha
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model: YT-2400 Light Freighter
Modularity: Highly modular/modifiable
Production: Unique (as modified)
Material: Durasteel frame, Kathor composite hull plating, Transparisteel viewports
Classification: Personal Transport
Length: 18.65 meters
Width: 28.5 meters
Height: 8.27 meters
- 2x heavy dual laser cannon turrets (mounted dorsal/ventral)
- 2x concussion missile tubes
--3 concussion missiles/tube (6 total)
- 1x BlasTech Ax-108 "Ground Buzzer" blaster cannon (anti-personnel only)
- 1x Cygnus Spaceworks PulseScreen quick-recharge shield
- 1x Ion shield generator
- Novaldex JV-71 ion engine
- Corellia Digital Holostation 4 (crew lounge)
- Sasori Research Hushed Casket (medical bay)
- 4x Smuggling Compartments (1 large, 1 medium, 2 small)
- Standard Autochef
Maneuverability Rating: 3
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 0.75 (Primary) / 10 (back-up)
- Highly maneuverable, fast ship.
- Interdictor-resistant hyperdrive.
- Clan Rekali astrogation technology allows the ship to sustain hyperspace travel indefinitely, barring power failure or malfunction.
- Limited shield strength with no anti-concussive shielding against projectile weapons (concussion missiles, proton torpedoes, etc)
- Use of secure communications requires that both ends having supported encryption.
- Amount of time that the ship can remain in hyperspace is limited by the amount of stores and supplies available to sustain the crew's comfort and life support.
Description:The "Alderaan Queen" was a relic of the time before the Four Hundred Years Darkness. Passed through a variety of privateers, corporate holdings, companies, and subcontractors, it's impossible to know today who the original owner might have been. At some point however, the ship was modified to include Kathor shielded compartments in the interior of the ship. The large compartment could hold several adults, while the medium and small compartments were seemingly intended for spice or gun-running. The vessel was last owned by Pau'un trader Eion Moen. Moen bet the ship in a game of Sabaac on Lothal, losing it to Sor-Jan Xantha in 844 ABY.
Sor-Jan outfitted the ship with a hyperdrive from Lucerne Labs, coupled with a Clan Rekali navicomputer. This allowed the Alderaan Queen to travel in hyperspace indefinitely while passing through strong gravity wells or interdictor fields. By not dropping in/out of hyperspace in order to perform periodic navigational checks to verify navicomputer data, the Alderaan Queen achieved greater efficiency than is typical of a LLT-6 Zephyr Hyperdrive. Over extended distances, this efficiency results in an overall 0.75 hyperdrive rating as opposed to the standard 0.8. This is not the result of any modification, but reflects the time-savings of continuous hyperspace travel. Over shorter distances, the hyperdrive is less efficient and travels at the standard 0.8. The hyperdrive included a hyperwave inertia movement system, making the ship capable of passing through most interdictor fields without dropping out of hyperspace. The Alderaan Queen had to already be at hyperspace when it encountered the interdictor field, however, and was not capable of making the jump to lightspeed from inside an interdictor field.
Showdown At Skye
The Alderaan Queen was a major plot point throughout this skirmish between the Resistance and the First Order, with heavy emphasis on the Queen's engines and performance characteristics relative to Jorus Merrill's Bullet Time. Specific posts highlighting and developing the Alderaan Queen as a literary vehicle for the story are #22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 30, 34, 35, 37, 47, 48, 49, 51, 52, 55, 56, 58, and 62.
A Little Less Conversation... A Little More Hyperdrive, Please!
Overhaul of the Alderaan Queen at Voss-Ka.
Who Can Use This: Sor-Jan Xantha, 3X744