NAME: Lady Kay Arenais (Kay or Lady Kay for short)
FACTION: Commenor Systems Alliance
EYES: Dark Grey
HAIR: Dark Brown, mid back for length
FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes
FORCE BOND: Veiere Arenais
Veiere Arenais (Husband-Estranged)
Tobias Larr (estranged Father)
Bradshaw Ku (long-lost adopted son)
Rae-Anna Ku (long lost adopted daughter) Caedyn Arenais (son) Loreena Arenais (daughter)
Marital Status: Separated
Given the title of Lady by her allies for her attitude and how she treated everyone, though the title gives her no monetary value. It's just more of a formality when handling diplomatic issues and negotiations. She was also a Masterless Padawan, knowing only what she had read or watched on the holonet about the Force. But she learns what she can from those she comes across, so that she can have the skills to survive on her own. Her acquired skills have grown to that of Master status as the years have progressed and she has learned more skills. Kay is also currently the Queen of Commenor, having taken over the Monarchy in a perfectly 'legal' way. And now that more worlds are under Commenor's care and with the creation of a Senate, she has taken the role of Chancellor.
Awesome video showcasing Commenor and it's society.
- Force Healing - One of her best skills. She could've been one of the best had she had gone to the Academy and had proper training.
- Influence - She has an uncanny ability to gain allies, Force users or not, from either side of a conflict. Even those on the Darkside have felt compelled to help her and join her cause. It's all subconscious, but it's one of her biggest strengths.
- Empathy - There is good in everyone, she feels, and if someone is hurt or going through tough times, she does what she can to help and has been well known for always offering tea. It's her little addiction
- Invisibility - She learned how to shrink her Force signature to that of a small tree nut. A useful tool that allows her to be undetected around other Force users, or at least make her appear normal.
- Force Shield - She learned how to produce a bit of a Force shield to protect her from blaster fire and short bursts of Force lightning.
- Force Push - Able to push people and objects away from her, but nothing bigger than an average person as of yet.
- Force Choke - Though she learned this skill made famous by Lord Vader, choking wasn't nearly as fun as squeezing the hearts of her victims until they burst inside.
- Naive - Because her ability to lie isn't so great, Kay tends to believe that others are the same way. So at times, she trusts the wrong person.
- Emotions - She's easy to read and wears them on her sleeve. It also makes her a very bad liar. The death of her husband nearly 15 years ago still has taken a bit of a toll. The torture that she endured under Thraxis and Prazutis has also taken it's toll. At times she has flashbacks. How she reacts to it is hard to predict.
- Phobias - Due to her captivity and torture, she's gained a few phobias that trigger unstability in her, such as : white coats, white rooms, needles, closed doors, complete darkness and confined spaces. Sapir tea and the great outdoors are about the only things that provide her comfort.
- Stubborn - Yup, she can be stubborn to a T, which can sometimes get her into trouble. And she tends to never give up on something she feels is important.
- Tea Addiction - Yup, she's addicted to tea, particularily Sapir tea.
She is of slim but fit build, mainly dressed in fancy dresses to befit her station as a Queen.
She also has other outfits for various missions such as freeing slaves or riding on her speederbike, where a fancy dress just isn't suited. Veiere also crafted a suit of light armour with a personal cloaking device to help keep her safe.
She was born on Naboo, or so she had thought. Recently it was discovered by chance, that both of her parents were Imperial officers with the First Order. It is presumed that her mother is dead, while her father is a Moff. Because of her Force sensibility, something that her father deems as a weakness, she was abandoned in an orphanage there. She did very well in school, worked very hard and found it easy to make friends. She knew of her Force ability at a young age, but kept it to herself. She didn't want it to change things and the people around her. Shortly thereafter she met her future husband, Shaw-Ku whom later became a Dark Lord. They were opposites, but the same, and she got him to see the goodness that he had.
Both served as a great team, settling disputes between factions and preventing many wars from starting. Eventually they got married and had a fantastic five years together. They adopted two children and things were going very well, until they came across a Darksider that had no good in him whatsoever. He used them, tarnished their reputations and was always two steps ahead of them in all of their efforts to defeat him. Until finally they fought him, or rather he beat them up really good. Shaw struck a deal and sacrificed himself so that their family would be left alone.
Their adopted son fled out of anger, and their daughter went into hiding in case the deal was ever broken. Kay also went into hiding for a while and for a short time she had hired a Mandalorian Bounty hunter to protect her, until she was strong enough physically and mentally to take care of herself properly.
For a time, she was the COO of ArmaTech and helped to build the company into the powerhouse that it is. But her moral judgement got in the way of who ArmaTech supports and supplies to, giving her too great of a conflict of interest to stay. So now she walks her own path, learning more about the Force, diplomacy and what her true destiny is.
Fortunately she has encountered one of her old friends Hawk Solo. He was there when her husband died and they shared many adventures together. But he's her only connection to her past.
Kay was elected the Senator of Commenor for the Galactic Republic after living there for a time and becoming a citizen of good standing. For a couple of years she served both Commenor and the Republic, as well as spending as much free time as she could rescuing slaves in Hutt Space. Most of her money was used for various missions that tended to succeed more times than not. She earned many allies, even some within the ranks of one of the Republic's greatest enemies, the One Sith. Not long after Alderaan left the Republic, did Kay lose her job as Senator, leaking a false letter to the media stating that she was resigning, in order to keep her secrets and the real reasons that she was let go, from coming to light.
She's now the Queen of Commenor, and had been adopted into Clan Raxis in a bid to keep herself and Commenor safe from the Crusades. Although Clan Raxis is Mandalorian, she kept herself apart from their culture of wearing armour at all times and of going to war, both of which she doesn't believe in. The differences proved to be too much and she didn't want to be the cause of trouble for her friends and their brothers and sisters in the other Clans, so Kay separated herself from them, regardless of whether or not they assumed that she was running from her problems. In her mind, anything that she did that defied their ways was a sign of weakness anyways. It was a lose/lose situation.
Kay was captured by Darth Prazutis (Caged in Corruption) , stripped of every form of resistance and lost the Light that she has clung to all of her life. Her Force-bond with Veiere Arenais , the man that she has fallen for, had been blocked during her captivity. Her memories of her friends and who they were, of being elected as President, all had been ripped from her mind.
The investigation and search had begun (The Limits of Ones Reach) . Yet it wasn't them that had found her. After giving into the Darkside, Kay returned to Commenor, and claimed the throne for herself. Some rally behind her while others left in disappointment.
The Light and the Dark pull and tug at her. Who knows who will win in the end? So far it's looking as though the Light will prevail. Her guide in that is Veiere, whom proposed to her during a conclave of all things. The lack of a Darkside influence and with her devotion to Veiere, the Darkness is losing it's grip.....
....And it loses it's grip even further. Veiere is ever the positive influence of her life. Atheus stands by her as a guide, and Kalyr Alor has returned to watch over her.
Quietly and secretly, Kay and Veiere have wed in a private ceremony that was just for the two of them. With the threat of others trying to stop them, they felt that it was the best way to ensure their future.
A ceremony for Commenor and others took place weeks later, along with the coronation of Veiere and Bradshaw, and the promotions of Darlyn Excron and Macoda Haberon .
Now Commenor's influence has branched out to nearby worlds. And with further expansion came the need to form a new government now known as the Commenor Systems Alliance. With Veiere working hard with the Jedi Orders both on Deneba and Commenor, and with Kay handling the political side of things, their moments together were short. A sacrifice they each accepted until the time comes when they can both retire from public life and live a quiet life together.
She knows how to pilot transport vessels and similar ships as she's had to help when the pilot was injured or knocked out, but she's not exactly an ace pilot.
Recently acquired a ship through an auction:
(Thanks Gray Raxis)
Kay now has her very own custom made droid named Mrs.Nesbitt
The droid had recently been destroyed by Darth Ferus
Lady Kay & Veiere Arenais Wedding Rings. (Stored away)
Post the names of the PC characters (characters role-played by real people) that your character has killed. If possible, include a link to the thread in which your character killed him/her.
The Elders - Former rulers of Commenor
Post the names of any bounties you have delivered and the amount of money you gained for it. If possible, include a link to the thread in which it happened.
Way, way back in 1999-2004 I used to roleplay this character on Talkcity.
And now I've started to play her in a small facebook group, but what's happening there is 30 years ahead of what I plan on writing about here.
So it gives me freedom to have many great adventures
Edited by Lady Kay, 16 May 2018 - 12:52 PM.