• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

I was wondering if geneticly spliced creatures are alright to make. Example: Human DNA spliced with Animal DNA?

This is fine as long as you've got some rationale behind the splicing.

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Lily Kuhn

Lily Kuhn

Purple

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 3,272 posts

Anja Aj'Rou

Is there a minimum development thread requirement I should be aware of prior to submitting a sithspawn species (one which is meant to be unique)?

592Ewi0.png

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 4,939 posts

Sithspawn species are judged on a case-by-case basis as their abilities and powers can range so greatly. Typically anywhere between 10 - 30 posts is what I've seen. For the most part the development thread(s) should take the reader through the creation of the beasts and show off their abilities / powers / unique qualities. 

Braith

xNEESwG.gif

XR-617

XR-617
  • Writers
  • 60 posts

Anja Aj'Rou

Is something like a droid that may be altered in any way, but there's only one of them, is that allowed? Because I was thinking about a droid built much differently than others, but there's only one, which stands out significantly than the others. If I would just make a droid character that could be sentient or semi-sentient, could I just pm the details to make sure it's a legit character to make?

Edited by Byojrn Zurael, 08 September 2015 - 05:05 PM.

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

XR-617

I apologize for not having seen this much earlier! 

Is something like a droid that may be altered in any way, but there's only one of them, is that allowed? Because I was thinking about a droid built much differently than others, but there's only one, which stands out significantly than the others. If I would just make a droid character that could be sentient or semi-sentient, could I just pm the details to make sure it's a legit character to make?

You can always ask a judge for advice on any submission ideas you have, just remember that judge cannot be the one to judge your submission, however. 

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Lord Furiel

Lord Furiel

The wandering demon

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 336 posts

i've created 2 things which i need to post their thread creation i have only mentioned one with name, the other i havent, im leaving it for a lil bit more farther into the story maybe post 5, first glapos tree from atrisia, it is the tree with the finest wood for houses of atrisia hard and also beautiful, i can define it more once i know how to make these threads

also a bonzai tree which ima think of calling it the rubhan, bonzai tree. depending on your force sensitivity the tree turns white or purple, jedi white, Sith Purple, also if your a gray jedi or something in between it will be a very light purple color, almost going for white. also this tree can only be found in a deep forest of atrisia, and i have even more information that is pretty awesome but help me please @Anja Aj'Rou

QDpa9x0.png 

1m7H9If.png hzxriEO.png f3SXHjS.pngGLh7Izc.png

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Nomkneer artzhul

I do not understand exactly what it is you're asking. What do you need help with?

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Lord Furiel

Lord Furiel

The wandering demon

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 336 posts

knowing how to start a creation post

QDpa9x0.png 

1m7H9If.png hzxriEO.png f3SXHjS.pngGLh7Izc.png

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Nomkneer artzhul

Use the Creation Template, create a new thread in the Species Creation sub-forum.

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Benedali Serrus

Benedali Serrus

Duchess of Alderaan

• Character
  • 396 posts

If I want to create a species on a planet that is also my creation, do I need to have the species approved before the thread where they are initially introduced (Dev thread, though as far as I know none of the subs I'm working on would really require one; it's a safe-than-sorry thing) or can I have them while the sub is in the throes of approval? All of the members of the new species would be NPCs, and no PCs would really be created until after everything else is done.

IU4NVEH.gif

Thanks to Ms. Sitara Qin for the siggy! 

‚ÄčTsawa

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Benedali Serrus

You can always add anything later. I usually suggest that people sub the planet first, because it makes more sense to add a species to a planet rather than a planet to a species. However; you don't need something approved before you can use it.

Once you submit something, you can use it in roleplay before it's approved, i'd like to assume it's mostly for dev threading purposes but nonetheless you're not forced to wait for final approval before you start threading with something. Just that it could end up denied in the process, or changes might be made. 

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Gherron Vael

Gherron Vael

I have a beard.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,529 posts
Anja Aj'Rou

I was wondering something. I'm making a new planet currently (which at the moment I may not be able to get it approved in the little time I have left here), and I remembered working on a couple of species for a different planet some time ago. Though they were approved, the planet in question was never finished. Could I by any chance repurpose one or both of these for the planet I'm working on now?

http://starwarsrp.ne.../28120-theowei/
http://starwarsrp.ne.../28119-theowen/

For clarification, the original posters were changed to other accounts, as those posters had offered to help me while I was gone at one point.

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Gherron Vael

You can add them to the new planet, if you'd like. There's no rule that says you can't. 

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Gherron Vael

Gherron Vael

I have a beard.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,529 posts
Anja Aj'Rou

Awesome, thanks :) Could I just go ahead and make new submissions for them then?

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Awesome, thanks Could I just go ahead and make new submissions for them then?

To my knowledge, you may only resubmit a submission after you request the old one to be archived.  

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Gherron Vael

Gherron Vael

I have a beard.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 2,529 posts

Anja Aj'Rou

It's alright, i've gotten it cleared up. The person who helped me finish the theowei and the planet they were on was using the species, so I changed it up a bit for my new planet and didn't need to change the species at all.

Jordan Achilles

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man

• Character
  • 132 posts

Could I modify the species template slightly to include eye color?

TFA-3-Kylo-and-vader-helmet.gif

~Magic of Dathomir, Curse my Soul..For I am to Become Death~

7iJWHHx.pngBbxkFLQ.pngmRfnzBI.png

Enoch Zambrano

Enoch Zambrano

Little Boy Zambrano

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 597 posts
Jordan Achilles

That would go under distinctions, so you wouldn't need to.

Tiln Frex

Tiln Frex

Character

• Character
  • 6 posts

Is there a reason I can't create a new topic in the species creation area?

Rusty

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 2,069 posts
The Codex is closed to new submissions until the 10th.

Tiln Frex

H0jjCJU.gif