• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 5,078 posts

All questions related to the Location Creation forum can be asked here. 

xNEESwG.gif

Cradossk

Cradossk

Professional Enabler

• Codex Judge
  • 13,928 posts

Anja Aj'Rou

I heard something the other day about space stations' Factory/Codex requirements. Is this template line still current?

Links: (You must provide a link to the Approved Space Ship entry from the Starships Factory Forum. You may also provide any links to other existing Codex/Factory entries that constitute any significance to this entry.)

IE, do all stations still require a Factory sub?

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Shule Windspeaker

Codex Judges may no longer require another submission to be made in order for a sub to be approved. I suppose it's possible--don't take my word for it--that an admin may require a secondary submission to be made in the event of a report but it is my understanding that if you submit a location submission for a space station you are not required to make a factory submission for it to be approved. 

I hope that helps. If you have more questions on the matter I suggest PMing Valiens or Tefka as I believe they'd have the most knowledge on the subject :)

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Ash

Ash

Dead Men End All Tales.

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 347 posts

Is it appropriate to use multiple templates for a location? If I wish to build a facility that has both civilian and military uses--such as a luxury resort that's front for a criminal empire--would it be better to combine the templates, or just submit the military and civilian components separately?

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Amarant

My recommendation would be to use the city template and include the defenses as part of the description. However; if it's packing more military aspects than civilian ones I'd suggest using the military base template and using the point of interest field to flesh out the civilian details. 

Edit: My boss says that you can use multiple templates in a single submission so long as there's a good and definite link between them. It does remain at the discretion of the judge, however.

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Ibby

Ibby

OOC Account

• Writers
  • 961 posts

If I have a character who created a location which is kind of low-key (Zen's Diner) and I am thinking of completely redoing the character (because I just can't get any muse with this character, try as I might), what happens to the location submission? Would the submission stay where it is? Should I find someone who wants it? Or do the admins need a notification so they can archive it?

(•«·Music·»•)

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Zendaya Selah

Submissions will remain either way, if you'd like you could give it to someone else or perhaps create an NPC? 

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Ibby

Ibby

OOC Account

• Writers
  • 961 posts

Anja Aj'Rou

Hmm. Could I make this character an NPC? And if I do can I just submit her profile as the NPC thingy? (I'm feeling too lazy to rewrite it xD)

(•«·Music·»•)

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Zendaya Selah

You can convert a PC to NPC status, I've seen it done before. You do have to use the NPC template though, but you can copy-paste relevant information into the appropriate fields from your character sheet if you'd like.

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Ibby

Ibby

OOC Account

• Writers
  • 961 posts

Anja Aj'Rou

Wow that was quick xD Anyway, will do. Thank you!

(•«·Music·»•)

Kyber Salurra

Kyber Salurra

Scrapyard Savant

• Character
  • 274 posts

If I were to make a location like a shop or store, to have employees there would I need to create NPCs in the Respective Section? Or is there another way I can go about that?

UNOFFICIAL TITLES:

fRlJLEn.pngMechanic_zpsulfvc6il.gifqqhY6LY.png

|| Normal Armor || Voice || Theme || Bio || Heavy Armor ||

d0GjSN7.png

Awards & Commendations

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

If I were to make a location like a shop or store, to have employees there would I need to create NPCs in the Respective Section? Or is there another way I can go about that?

NPC submissions are optional.

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Triam Akovin

Triam Akovin

Treasure Huntress

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,379 posts

Since I'm looking to actually for once stock up on Restricted Materials, I'm wondering a few things:

Is it possible to create a location that produces a particular Restricted Material?

For instance, am I allowed to make a factory that creates both Molytex and Quantum fiber, and combining them to make Laminanium, if I accomplish a relevant dev thread for it?

Also, is a development thread required to make a warehouse that merely stores Restricted Material?

2z7ppww.jpg

Quietus

Quietus

..::>> Hunting Again <<::..

• Writers
    • Character Bio
  • 5,078 posts

First and foremost keep in mind that the Codex is not a mandatory tool of this forum. 

The short answer to your second question is, no you are not required to create a location sub for a warehouse of restricted materials. Provided all RM you have stored there is collected through legitimate means (required Dev threads to get them) then there is no issue here.

As for the development of a location that produces RM - that's a question I'm going to let Valiens Nantaris answer. 

xNEESwG.gif

Valiens Nantaris

Valiens Nantaris

Head Admin

• Administrators
  • 19,497 posts

Triam Akovin Lorelei Darke

You may stockpile a million tons if you like...but neither you or anyone else can use it without a relevant dev thread.

Since that RM is not one which can be simply mined or stolen I have no issue with this so long as the sub is up to standards.

BBS8Bub.jpg

57wSzTY.png3cFUgUN.png1iYfC3H.pngWJCVATQ.png

Triam Akovin

Triam Akovin

Treasure Huntress

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,379 posts

Excellent, thank you for your answers! :)

2z7ppww.jpg

Darth Vyrassu

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 1,007 posts
If I wanted to create the location of the ruins of Jen City on Eclipse what template would I use?

The city is abandon, the jungle side of Eclipse has taken it back, it's in ruins now

Jen city was originally the capital city for Vyrassu's Jen'ari Empire

Didn't know if I should use structure or city

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Darth Vyrassu

I'd still use the City template, just list that the population is zero and perhaps put "abandoned' under affiliation.

Sorry for the late response.

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png

Laguz Vald

Laguz Vald

Adapt or perish

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 490 posts

I'm looking to do extensive development of a canon location and then resubmit it to the Codex to have a submission to refer to regarding said development.

Is going through the resubmitting process necessary, and what are the limits placed on things that exist in canon?

To outline what I mean:

• Scenario A: I do extensive development and expansion of space station X. Space station X exceeds the maximum Factory limitations, but is a canon location.
    Can I resubmit this or not, and if yes, am I allowed to "go over" the usual limitations due to canon precedent?
  • Scenario B: I do extensive development and expansion of space station X. Could I only choose to, say, resubmit it as a City-type location and thus avoid breaking the usual space station limits, but still retain the ability to archive and collect my development in a codex submission?

Thank you for your time. :)

lzaMeXm.gif

Boethiah

Boethiah

Dark Messiah

• Character
    • Character Bio
  • 4,567 posts

Laguz Vald

You may expand on a canon location, but the big boss man upstairs always stated that any submissions intended on fleshing out canon locations must not derail from what's listed on the Wikipedia... So for example, if you were fleshing out a location in Courscant, you have to remember it's a city planet. So subbing wide open plains with farmers on a sunny day is a no-no.

Otherwise whether or not you have to do development for adding new things to that location is up to the judge.

P.S. I cannot help myself. I must answer questions. 

*Goes back to packing his room*

8zNLs7N.png

IWmJQzC.png